Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: That Little Demon)

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Throwing in a request to look at Floating Runner: Quest for the 7 Crystals. A pre-Mario 64 platformer that I vaguely remember playing as a child and whose first level music has adamantly refused to leave my grey matter for literal decades despite the fact that I can only sometimes recall what this game is even called.

There's another obscure PS1 game from my childhood that I can't even remember the name of. I think you controlled a bunch of robot guys who rolled around on spheres doing races and destruction derby-type stuff Anyone have any idea what I'm thinking of or did I just hallucinate that one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

That Little Demon posted:

lmfao, still in the era of wildly different box art..

USA: Looks dire as gently caress, I'll hate this

Japan:

drat, I'll try this lol

Yeesh, I forgot the American boxart looked so...American-boxart-of-an-obscure-Japanese-import-y. I recall the in-game graphics definitely look a lot more like the Japanese boxart. It's honestly kinda charming.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

So addictive...it should be illegal!

god old video game boxart was so Cool. Remnants of a simpler time when the industry was still dousing itself in Axe and calling it a shower.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Having watched the vod, man I really did vaguely remember Floating Runner. That game is rough. I particularly forgot that the game just stops having textures after the first level. Early 3D platformers really were all over the drat place before and even immediately after Mario 64 rolled up.

At least it's marginally better than Bubsy 3D? That bar is touching the floor, but it does clear. Probably.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Fajita Queen posted:

There are some excellent licensed titles you're missing out on such as Hooters Road Trip, KISS Pinball, and Mary Kate and Ashley Magical Mystery Mall that should go in the queue imo.

Hey, I remember KISS Pinball! It was a competent but unremarkable pinball game. Maybe save that one as a palette cleanser.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Well, if there's anything we can say about Silverload, it's that nothin' happens.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Worms is cool. On PC, where you have an entire keyboard and mouse to play it with. No small wonder it kinda sucks on console.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Digimon World is a deeply clunky game and I'd recommend just playing Next Order if you want to scratch that itch with a game that isn't falling apart at the seams.

Looking forward to Legend of Dragoon, I remember that one being pretty cool.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Cambria Bold posted:

There's another obscure PS1 game from my childhood that I can't even remember the name of. I think you controlled a bunch of robot guys who rolled around on spheres doing races and destruction derby-type stuff Anyone have any idea what I'm thinking of or did I just hallucinate that one?

Finally found out which game this was! It was the delightfully titled Ball Breakers. Have fun with that one.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I knew harvest moon had a bit of a tinker toys fisher price vibe about it but god it looks so much worse than I remember lol. The pre-rendered stuff is ok at least.

I loved that game so much as a kid, but it has not aged well in any sense. Sorry dog

Stardew Valley has spoiled us all tbh. It's hard going back to Harvest Moon after tasting nirvana.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Warning: Explosive!!!

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Oh hey, Darkstone is another one of those random games I remember from my childhood!

I think I literally picked it up because I, being a profoundly stupid child, mixed up "Dark" and "Dart" and thought it had something to do with Legend of Dragoon. I don't really remember anything of it aside from this one songstress lady in the starting town that just straight-up belts out a vocal track if you talk to her. Guess they really wanted to show off the true power of CD-ROM technology there.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

My sister was big into inuyasha. I'm aware of a few out-of-context Japanese names and that's pretty much it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Clearly you need to step up your game. I've had all of two suggestions and they've both been complete garbage.