Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Well, not anymore.

:rip: Richard

I'd like to think Lewis would have and Larry would like these posts

Edit gently caress I edited my grammar once already I don't know how to do it with two shmucks only one is dead you get it

Costco Meatballs fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I guess you could say he's the comedian from Hell

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mrnastynodrama/status/1762946274632859707?t=UbjQrtBuAtcAsFGbzO7kLg&s=19

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

In a handful of years, we've lost Norm, Sagat, the Belz, Bob Einstein, and now Richard Lewis. gently caress me this is brutal. Gary Shandling and Rip Torn are gone, too. What a loss.

How you gonna forget Gilbert :(

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

How you gonna forget Gilbert :(

he was bad

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dirty Jokes is a great special

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

not trust worthy

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My bad at forgetting Gilbert, between dirty jokes and his appearances on Stern, he was a huge influence. His real voice was bad and he was smart to use that voice like he did.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

My bad at forgetting Gilbert, between dirty jokes and his appearances on Stern, he was a huge influence. His real voice was bad and he was smart to use that voice like he did.

lol Gilberts real voice was as generic as it gets, it's stunning

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Worf posted:

he was bad

Clown take tbh

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Its great that he did an "Are you afraid of the dark?" episode. His character put on this fake voice over the radio, which actually sounded more like his real blah voice. Then he'd switch into his fake grating voice whenever he wasnt on said radio. Genius.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I always felt it was weird they didn't do any in-show thing about Bob Einstein dying. Maybe there was a "in memory of" or something in the credits, but his character just sort of isn't there anymore and nobody talks about him. But they talk about his family, like his kid, his brother. But whateverhisfirstnamewas Funkhouser's just poof

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

credburn posted:

I always felt it was weird they didn't do any in-show thing about Bob Einstein dying. Maybe there was a "in memory of" or something in the credits, but his character just sort of isn't there anymore and nobody talks about him. But they talk about his family, like his kid, his brother. But whateverhisfirstnamewas Funkhouser's just poof

whateverhisfirstnamewas? WHATEVERHISFIRSTNAMEWAS?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I stopped watching before he was in the show I think, but it was Marty I'm pretty sure.

I grew up with Bob as Super Dave Osborne on SCTV and his own show with Mr. Fuji. He'd get hurt and call Fuji a putz. It was great.

https://youtu.be/T7Qh3jaJp7Y?si=O929yWQhl3lo73bn

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Mar 2, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Poor orphan Funkhouser is finally reunited with his parents, rip

Hercules Caligula
Feb 17, 2007
Prittay, prittay, prittay good

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Sry that u simp for shitters

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I stopped watching before he was in the show I think, but it was Marty I'm pretty sure.

I grew up with Bob as Super Dave Osborne on SCTV and his own show with Mr. Fuji. He'd get hurt and call Fuji a putz. It was great.

https://youtu.be/T7Qh3jaJp7Y?si=O929yWQhl3lo73bn

I believe you mean Bizarre, not SCTV.

Bob Einstein was a satirical genius and the contrast between Super Dave's upbeat public persona and his crass deadpan "real" self was something I could appreciate even as a dumb kid.

Just yesterday someone cracked a joke about "genuine Saskatchewan sealskin"

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

amazing that fatass jeff garlin is still hanging in there

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

is leon larry’s best friend now?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

git apologist posted:

is leon larry’s best friend now?

leon has been larry's best friend since leon moved his rear end in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taf8gV6a_gQ

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I hope when Larry David dies they continue the show with Leon as the central focus.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Do you think if Seinfeld was still on when Michael Richards did his racism, they would have thrown him off the show? Making that much money? Discuss.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Larry said that this season was Curb's final one. He's pretty old and doesn't need the money but it must be a fun show to make. It's wild how he looks like the same old dude as when the show started

If you like LD but haven't seen the movie Clear History it's worth a watch.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure I've seen young Larry David in stuff, but the problem is there were somehow 3-4 dudes rocking his same loving look from 1975 onward. Balding, glasses, slim, big bulwinkle the moose antlers Jewish afro. And they're all comedians!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

Do you think if Seinfeld was still on when Michael Richards did his racism, they would have thrown him off the show? Making that much money? Discuss.

JB Smoove made him dress like Louis Farrakhan and pretend to have a fake autoimmune disease

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Larry said that this season was Curb's final one. He's pretty old and doesn't need the money but it must be a fun show to make. It's wild how he looks like the same old dude as when the show started

If you like LD but haven't seen the movie Clear History it's worth a watch.

I'm doing a re-watch and most of early season are in 2000. He looks the same but still has black hair instead of no hair.

I'm not sure if Jeff and Cheryl will ever find work on a major series again. Jeff is a sex pest as Cheryl is married to a GOP/Q nutjob.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

kennedy is not a republican

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

git apologist posted:

amazing that fatass jeff garlin is still hanging in there

jeff is 15 years younger lol

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Richard Lewis is going to be buried in Roseville, Minnesota. A final slight to Larry I'm assuming. (his wife is apparently from there)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Worf posted:

kennedy is not a republican

Maybe not registered, but he's certainly working for them now.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Cheryl Hines is funny. If she doesn't get work because of her partner's politics that's sad but I guess no surprise in the days of great outrage.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

I'm doing a re-watch and most of early season are in 2000. He looks the same but still has black hair instead of no hair.

I'm not sure if Jeff and Cheryl will ever find work on a major series again. Jeff is a sex pest as Cheryl is married to a GOP/Q nutjob.

You're confusing Jeff with Weinstein. Happens all the time to the guy.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Cheryl Hines is funny. If she doesn't get work because of her partner's politics that's sad but I guess no surprise in the days of great outrage.

Cheryl Hines caused Bob Einstein to lose his loving mind in one of the first videos posted itt

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DangerDongs posted:

You're confusing Jeff with Weinstein. Happens all the time to the guy.

He was touchy yelly on the Goldbergs and got kicked off it. Got divorced around the same time, possibly connected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Maybe not registered, but he's certainly working for them now.

Nah, not everybody that’s not pro Biden and has weird ideas is a republican agent

You’re basically why they worked so hard to have a two party system though 💀