Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

wicka posted:

Bienvenidos to the top stop of the podium, Lando

I think you got the wrong thread buddy and meant to post that here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807739

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

I think you got the wrong thread buddy and meant to post that here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807739

Fuckin Pete Holmes rear end post

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

We didn't talk enough about how good this song is

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It’s not Hang With Me, op

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SHpJZgM34M

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

It’s not Hang With Me, op

Hanging On My Own

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not sure how you analyze stats my friend, but I see a trend of continuous improvement along with his improved qualifying numbers.

Well he has a poo poo car and drives for a poo poo team so who knows maybe he’s not actually washed up

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not sure how you analyze stats my friend, but I see a trend of continuous improvement along with his improved qualifying numbers.

please turn the Netflix series Drive To Survive OFF for your own mental health.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I'm watching the Miami vice episode where the killer of a prostitute is some imsa type race car driver. The cars all look rad but the acting loving sucks lmbo

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Sunk Dunk posted:

You guys excited for Logan’s home race??????

Who?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

I'm watching the Miami vice episode where the killer of a prostitute is some imsa type race car driver. The cars all look rad but the acting loving sucks lmbo

Yeah, I remember reading they filmed a couple years there in the mid-80s. Ironically it was in the era where the nickname for the series was International Marijuana Smugglers Association, given Randy Lanier, John Paul Sr and the Whittingtons all drove and then got pinched in that era.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tony quidprano posted:

Yeah Danny Sullivan was in that, who won the 500 a couple years earlier.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tony quidprano posted:

please turn the Netflix series Drive To Survive OFF for your own mental health.

Look, I'm only trying to construct a more interesting parallel universe in my head to make it through another season. Cut me some slack.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Tony quidprano posted:

lol that's a fun episode

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

whyd kvity change Tonys avatar

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

harperdc posted:

Yeah, I remember reading they filmed a couple years there in the mid-80s. Ironically it was in the era where the nickname for the series was International Marijuana Smugglers Association, given Randy Lanier, John Paul Sr and the Whittingtons all drove and then got pinched in that era.

I was kinda wondering why the series name was never mentioned and why they didn't go for the low hanging fruit of a drug smuggling plot but with that context it makes sense why they wanted to distance themselves from the show about vice cops lol

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah Danny Sullivan was in that, who won the 500 a couple years earlier.

That would be the guy who couldn't act and I was wondering who he paid off to get this job lmao

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ferrari has a new title sponsor

quote:

Ferrari will have a title sponsor for the first time since 2021 at next week’s Miami Grand Prix.

The team announced it has signed a deal with technology brand Hewlett-Packard which will see it officially compete under the title Scuderia Ferrari HP.
Ferrari previously announced it will use a special heritage livery incorporating shades of blue. In the sixties Ferrari’s cars briefly competed using a blue and white colour scheme which happen to closely match HP’s corporate colours.

The team issued renderings showing how HP’s branding will be incorporated on its cars and drivers’ overalls. It will also appear on the car raced by its junior driver Maya Weug in the F1 Academy series which will form part of the Miami Grand Prix support bill.

Under the deal Ferrari will use HP technology including PCs and other devices, conferencing appliances and printers.

coincidentally, Ferrari have said they're going to run a blue "throwback" look at Miami which might incorporate NART vibes but also is very curiously timed to this new title sponsorship announcement!

quote:

Ferrari will mark the 70th anniversary of its arrival in America with a special livery at the Miami Grand Prix.

The team will incorporate two heritage shades of blue on its cars, which have run in red, white and yellow so far this season.
The two shades are a lighter blue, Azzurro La Plata, preferred by Alberto Ascari for his overalls when he became Ferrari’s first world champion in the fifties. It was also used by later champions John Surtees and Niki Lauda, the latter doing so when he joined the team in 1974.

A deeper blue, Azzurro Dino, will also appear on the SF-24s. This was worn by Arturo Merzario and Clay Regazzoni, before the team’s drivers switched to predominantly red overalls.

Ferrari confirmed the part-blue livery “will be used only for the Miami race” and not F1’s two other American rounds later this year in Texas and Las Vegas.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

blue ferraris huh? what will they come up with next

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

So Hewlett Packard Enterprise sponsor Mercedes, and Hewlett Packard sponsor Ferrari

Poly were already a Red Bull sponsor and then HP bought them so now they have their logo on two teams

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tony quidprano posted:

I was kinda wondering why the series name was never mentioned and why they didn't go for the low hanging fruit of a drug smuggling plot but with that context it makes sense why they wanted to distance themselves from the show about vice cops lol

That would be the guy who couldn't act and I was wondering who he paid off to get this job lmao

Well Miami Vice wasn't exactly the bastion of good acting.

In the 80's it was all about guest stars and not the content.

We've come full circle...just like the 2024 Miami Grand Prix.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Does the race winner still get driven to the podium in a flintstones car

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well Miami Vice wasn't exactly the bastion of good acting.

In the 80's it was all about guest stars and not the content.

We've come full circle...just like the 2024 Miami Grand Prix.

The acting can be good but the series as a whole is pretty uneven in tone, it's sort of a roll of the dice if Johnson is gonna phone it in or bring his A game for any given episode.

The problem is that you can't really compare it to modern standards because what exactly are you comparing it to? It blows modern network television police procedurals completely out of the water but it can't hold a candle to prestige TV.

For me it's good enjoyable dumb 80s entertainment to throw on to wind down for the night

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

ferrari with a title sponsor is weird

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Scuderia Ferrari High Performance

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Ferrari HP

Does the printer need ink? "We are checking."

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tony quidprano posted:

The acting can be good but the series as a whole is pretty uneven in tone, it's sort of a roll of the dice if Johnson is gonna phone it in or bring his A game for any given episode.

The problem is that you can't really compare it to modern standards because what exactly are you comparing it to? It blows modern network television police procedurals completely out of the water but it can't hold a candle to prestige TV.

For me it's good enjoyable dumb 80s entertainment to throw on to wind down for the night

Miami Vice. Cast iron. How to make coffee.

All uneven.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Paying2Lurk posted:

Ferrari HP

Does the printer need ink? "We are checking."

At least my printer never set my lawn on fire.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

"BOX NOW BOX STAY OUT"? What the gently caress does that mean?

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I just remembered how utterly cringe Miami is. I need some way of knowing when the formation lap starts so I can miss all the bollocks.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

blue ferrari.. what the

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

blue ferrari.. what the

National racing colours of the United States of America buddy

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Starbucks posted:

I just remembered how utterly cringe Miami is. I need some way of knowing when the formation lap starts so I can miss all the bollocks.

never mind the bollocks!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

F1 getting their money's worth out of the Stroll / Danny Ric crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSSCDiGDPE

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

people are actually paying jolyon palmer to do stuff?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Ferraris gonna park it on the fake pool and lose the car race day

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Dictator. posted:

Well he has a poo poo car and drives for a poo poo team so who knows maybe he’s not actually washed up

Mercedes would take Bottas back in a heartbeat over George

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ethanol posted:

blue ferrari.. what the

Enzo entered his cars under the name NART for a couple races in 1964 (and they were thusly painted blue and white) because he threw his toys out the pram over the FIA rejecting homolgation for a Ferrari sports car.

Though those are the colors Surtees clinched his title in.

The marketing angle from Ferrari is “70 years of business importing in the United States,” but also conveniently looking like Tottenham Hotspur HP’s corporate colors is fun too.

Also Marlboro were definitely title sponsor before. So this makes their first title sponsorship from a bad product :v:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

harperdc posted:

Also Marlboro were definitely title sponsor before. So this makes their first title sponsorship from a bad product :v:

Say whatever you want about cowboy killers. HP servers are junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Full Collapse posted:

Say whatever you want about cowboy killers. HP servers are junk.

Their servers are made by HPE, who sponsor Mercedes