Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

uninterrupted posted:

is this an actual journalist and not a twitter rando?

AMuS is pretty reputable as far as I remember

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Short of an announcement this is about as reputable as it gets.

Depends if he can be persuaded otherwise with a dump truck filled with 100s and hookers.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I hope this rattles the entire RBR organisation and they make mistakes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The one good thing about the UK's rear end backwards libel laws is that you know the BBC can't print "Newey to leave Red Bull over Horner allegations" unless they are 100% certain it's true

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

King Lear and the fool, nobody left except for Horner and Ricciardo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Uhhhh can they tho

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

wicka posted:

The one good thing about the UK's rear end backwards libel laws is that you know the BBC can't print "Newey to leave Red Bull over Horner allegations" unless they are 100% certain it's true

Is the entire UK press new to you?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

Is the entire UK press new to you?

No, which is why I'm pretty familiar with the way they vaguely phrase poo poo in order to dance around getting sued

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

"two 19 year old footballers arrested outside football stadium after match"

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

I hope this rattles the entire RBR organisation and they make mistakes

:sickos:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bald man mad at former friend, plans to visit Italy

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i’m putting my imaginary money on ferrari

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He's going to team up with Andreas Seidl in an act of bald solidarity

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
The only thought I have around Ferrari is will he actually move to Italy? I think a satellite UK office like Barnard had is off the table cause of the cost cap now

Like I would kill to move to Bologna, the city owns, but UK people get pissy the second you tell them they can't eat canned beans for breakfast

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

The only thought I have around Ferrari is will he actually move to Italy? I think a satellite UK office like Barnard had is off the table cause of the cost cap now

Like I would kill to move to Bologna, the city owns, but UK people get pissy the second you tell them they can't eat canned beans for breakfast

You're right, this is probably a deal breaker, he should just go back to McLaren

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

There’s always email

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

wicka posted:

You're right, this is probably a deal breaker, he should just go back to McLaren

THISSSS

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

ethanol posted:

There’s always email

RELEASE THE SECOND EMAIL!

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Dexo posted:

Lewis is putting together a team over at Ferrari

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

If I was Ferrari I would literally back several semi trailers worth of cash up to Gigi Dalligna's house. He got his start in cars and has unequivocally proven that you can completely dominate a top level motorsports championship using personnel from the exact same area. If for no other reason than blocking Audi from having access to him.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
If Audi utilizes Dall'Igna you may as well turn off the TV now because whoever is in that team will win the championship and Audi will just completely annihilate the field

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

none of this would have happened if christian horner wasn't a huge bitch who scared off Porsche

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

If I was Ferrari I would literally back several semi trailers worth of cash up to Gigi Dalligna's house. He got his start in cars and has unequivocally proven that you can completely dominate a top level motorsports championship using personnel from the exact same area. If for no other reason than blocking Audi from having access to him.

I'm glad they haven't but I truly don't know why they've seemingly never made an effort to bring Stella back

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

If Audi utilizes Dall'Igna you may as well turn off the TV now because whoever is in that team will win the championship and Audi will just completely annihilate the field

D’ligma

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sorry this is the only kind of post I am capable of

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Jos talking that wild poo poo a few weeks ago is all starting to add up. There is no way in hell Max doesn't go where Newey goes.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

to quote a former F1 thread poster:

"When I go “you know Jos has a point” it’s beyond salvation"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dead Bull

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
So how soon does this start to bite Red Bull? I don’t really understand anything about the particulars of car design beyond what you can get from DTS (basically nothing) and the Brawn doc (corporate infographic of aerodynamic arrows that Keanu tells you means the car is fast). Does this interfere with their planned development/upgrades for the rest of this season? Next season? Or are they still gonna dominate till the new rules in 2026?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Building a team

Do you want the aero genius or the guy with a one stroke engine

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

skasion posted:

So how soon does this start to bite Red Bull? I don’t really understand anything about the particulars of car design beyond what you can get from DTS (basically nothing) and the Brawn doc (corporate infographic of aerodynamic arrows that Keanu tells you means the car is fast). Does this interfere with their planned development/upgrades for the rest of this season? Next season? Or are they still gonna dominate till the new rules in 2026?

We can only hope the effect is as fast as it is destructive

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
depending on current upgrades in place, gardening leave, and time to make changes for his future team, maybe we see the gap close by mid-2025?

And then 2026 is lol who knows

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

skasion posted:

Generally the way it works is he'll have a paid vacation next year, then be free to join whomever in 2026. But at that point that team will already be locked into their car concept for 2026. His new team will have a few years of hilarious unreliability, and then by 2029 they'll have a 70 year old running their engineering department.

Newey or not Red Bull will still be dominant next year, but it might be closer with other teams occasionally winning races.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Mercedes got like a billion championships after brawn left fyi

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Glorious.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Technical stuff aside for a sec. My guess is that Adrian will also take whatever engineering staff & culture he's developed with him and morale will be low cuz lol Horner too busy getting hornier.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Imagine the quality of the drafting table that Ferrari could construct for him. Probably have something carved from marble and decorated by winged cherubs.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Maybe this is why U2 hasn't released their next hit song yet. Needed to add a verse about Adrian Newey leaving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
holy poo poo newey to ferrari