Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Haas to become #2 on the grid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
tell us already!!!!!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The old bastard is giving us all blue balls.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Simplex posted:

Generally the way it works is he'll have a paid vacation next year, then be free to join whomever in 2026. But at that point that team will already be locked into their car concept for 2026. His new team will have a few years of hilarious unreliability, and then by 2029 they'll have a 70 year old running their engineering department.

Newey or not Red Bull will still be dominant next year, but it might be closer with other teams occasionally winning races.

:smith:

Thanks, Debbie Downer

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He should just show up to Miami anyway in red like it's pro wrestling

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

What would his entrance song be

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Haas to become #2 on the grid.

maybe Gene was right to under invest

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Simplex posted:

Generally the way it works is he'll have a paid vacation next year, then be free to join whomever in 2026. But at that point that team will already be locked into their car concept for 2026. His new team will have a few years of hilarious unreliability, and then by 2029 they'll have a 70 year old running their engineering department.

Newey or not Red Bull will still be dominant next year, but it might be closer with other teams occasionally winning races.
If it's being announced now, it's because he's had a lawyer read his contract and tell him he can work with another team in 2025. This is also what the BBC believe.
And/or RBR don't want what Newey/his lawyers/the media might get access to in discovery for taking him to court on breach of contract.

RBR don't have an option to retain him that doesn't mean bad PR.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Khablam posted:

Bad PR is all RBR have this year.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

shyduck posted:

Dead Bull

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Khablam posted:

If it's being announced now, it's because he's had a lawyer read his contract and tell him he can work with another team in 2025. This is also what the BBC believe.
And/or RBR don't want what Newey/his lawyers/the media might get access to in discovery for taking him to court on breach of contract.

The ultimate spicy blackmail

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

if he goes to Ferrari would that make Ferrari a 2x blessed team?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

good thing they loving love bad PR and looking like assholes in general

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Friendship ended with driver silly season. Now engineer silly season is my best friend.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Excited to see what Newey does at Haas!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Khiblaheim is right, red bull just put out a statement that they are "unaware of Newey's intentions to quit" which means there's a huge legal shitstorm brewing that's gonna be great to watch

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I hope it’s as funny as when McLaren got Piastri and made Alpine also pay for their lawyers

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tony quidprano posted:

Khiblaheim is right, red bull just put out a statement that they are "unaware of Newey's intentions to quit" which means there's a huge legal shitstorm brewing that's gonna be great to watch

I love formula 1

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Newey release the emails

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Did redbull try checking his desk and seeing if he’s at work still

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:lewis: imo!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ethanol posted:

Maybe also canvas the copy shops in Milton Keynes

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Taking notes for when I quit my job and move to Modena

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

wicka posted:

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

It's gonna be extremely funny when he just retires to be old and rich.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Seems like the fourth (fifth?) year of every decade has poo poo races but the soap opera is great.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

https://www.reuters.com/sports/formula1/red-bull-respond-reports-newey-wants-out-2024-04-25/

Reuters posted:

LONDON, April 25 (Reuters) - Red Bull said Formula One's most sought after designer Adrian Newey was signed up until at least the end of next year amid reports on Thursday he was seeking to leave the reigning champions.
A spokesman added they were "unaware of him joining any other team".

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ferrari going to let newey work from home and send like 50 italians to take care of him around the clock

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ive heard of remote work form home but will ferrari let adrian remote work from red bull hq?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ethanol posted:

This one crazy trick employers hate!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

ilmucche posted:

ferrari going to let newey work from home and send like 50 italians to take care of him around the clock

Ferrari started a sailing program this year right? They’ve had Newey in the bag for a while.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
INEOS has an americas cup team

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

Every time I think we're watching the dumbest F1 story, I remember this happened.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i have it good authority that newey is leaving for a proper motorsport

:siren: STADIUM SUPER TRUCKS :siren:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i have it good authority that newey is leaving for a proper motorsport

:siren: STADIUM SUPER TRUCKS :siren:

I would like to see bottas do that.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I heard Newey is keen to design the next Truckosaurus

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I heard Newey is keen to design the next Truckosaurus

Finally, something to watch on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
stadium super trucks with wicked downforce so they hit the jumps but just drive directly down the other side while sticking to the ground

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Newey is quitting to become a Trackmania streamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

wicka posted:

Newey is quitting to become a Trackmania streamer

And then Adrian got this run