Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cocks out for Mika

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Frond posted:

He’s just Nick Heidfeld but worse.
Nick had thirteen podiums. Worse is massively underselling the difference.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Quick Nick’s only letdown is he never won. :smith:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Danny Ric finished ahead of Yuki in China.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Elendil004 posted:

He's had pretty poo poo luck this year, hasn't he? I'm pretty sure he would have scored points this past weekend had he not gotten rammed by Stroll.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Elendil004 posted:

One race does not a good driver make.

Cimber posted:

He's had pretty poo poo luck this year, hasn't he? I'm pretty sure he would have scored points this past weekend had he not gotten rammed by Stroll.

He's been pretty poo poo since 2018.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

One race does not a good driver make.

Getting badly rammed and not getting knocked out of the race is a skill

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Bip Roberts posted:

Getting badly rammed and not getting knocked out of the race is a skill

Such skill. Look out Max, Danny's coming for that crown.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Cimber posted:

lol. lmao even.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

weird how Audi wanted some aging poo poo german driver but not the would be WDC aussie boogan if not for 23 conspiracy theories that would make Alex Jones' eyes roll. must be another vast far reaching conspiracy right danny ric fans?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tony quidprano posted:

weird how Audi wanted some aging poo poo german driver but not the would be WDC aussie boogan if not for 23 conspiracy theories that would make Alex Jones' eyes roll. must be another vast far reaching conspiracy right danny ric fans?

New theory is that Honda are giving Tsunoda better engines.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Happy birthday to war criminal and camp guard helmut marko

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cimber posted:

he didn't pit during the safety car and was still on used mediums before he got Stroll'd, there's no way he was lasting to the end of the race in the points

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Alaois posted:

he didn't pit during the safety car and was still on used mediums before he got Stroll'd, there's no way he was lasting to the end of the race in the points

I was wondering why the hell they didn't pit him during the SC, thats on the team. It's not like he could have just made that decision arbitrarily.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I think they were gambling that since everyone was switching to hards, that they could run mediums, then switch to softs for the last stint.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

New theory is that Honda are giving Tsunoda better engines.

These are the same people that think that 5G activates microchips in their blood.

Cimber posted:

I was wondering why the hell they didn't pit him during the SC, thats on the team. It's not like he could have just made that decision arbitrarily.

must be another vast far reaching conspiracy right danny ric fans?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Cimber posted:

he has amazing luck what are you talking about? he has an F1 seat despite being a total binman dog poo poo driver

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Banish his rear end to nascar

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tony quidprano posted:

These are the same people that think that 5G activates microchips in their blood.

must be another vast far reaching conspiracy right danny ric fans?

Hmm, maybe Honda is using 5G to activate microchips in the engine oil

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Officer Sandvich posted:

Banish his rear end to nascar

him and lance stroll

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I was watching WEC highlights this week and my wife was surprised how many former F1 names are on that grid. Do we think Ricciardo would consider WEC?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

Happy birthday to war criminal and camp guard helmut marko

And yet they still aren't the worst things he did

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Merc offering Max 150 million a year. Allegedly.

https://www.gpfans.com/nl/f1-nieuws/1019094/merecedes-bereid-verstappen-hoogste-salaris-ooit-in-f1-aan-te-bieden/

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Hoogste

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i was also going to post hoogste

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You can't post hoogste without an NWS tag

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i got probed for posting that in the f1 thread even with a nsfw tag

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

no Toto no. that is so not right.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Adrian is the one ring.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Would love for Christian Horner to gain control of Red Bull Racing just as it starts to crumble and everyone gets away from his stink.

I mean, I'd love it more if he were actually fired and tarred and feathered, but I'll take what karmic justice I can get.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Tony quidprano posted:

Please don't talk about avatars tia

or you could quit being such a miser but that's impossible

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

dan got his chassis and did better so it's probably entirely between the ears except for the 10% that is his cars suck

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

My ding dong is out for a different reason

McLaren :awesome:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

I was watching WEC highlights this week and my wife was surprised how many former F1 names are on that grid. Do we think Ricciardo would consider WEC?

There was rumor that Ricciardo was being considered for this current Porsche program when he was leaving McLaren a couple years ago. I don't know why you turn down that sort of offer, because getting in good with Porsche would effectively ensure you have work for the rest of your career however long you want that to last. to (possibly, who knows how the discussions went) turn down that sort of chance to go be Red Bull's simulator lad, make a Drive to Survive comeback, and now get outclassed by Yuki Tsunoda...oof. not a great choice to me, but I'm not an F1 driver hell-bent on staying in F1 at all costs.

the paradigm shift posted:

dan got his chassis and did better so it's probably entirely between the ears except for the 10% that is his cars suck

Dan did better at a track he's got experience at and Yuki never had been to before

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dan staying in F1 at this point is reliant on him being with RB next year, if he can nick points here and there and not get into crashes then he should be OK, but Red Bull is probably the worst environment to be a driver that needs a bit of time to stabilise.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

harperdc posted:

There was rumor that Ricciardo was being considered for this current Porsche program when he was leaving McLaren a couple years ago. I don't know why you turn down that sort of offer, because getting in good with Porsche would effectively ensure you have work for the rest of your career however long you want that to last. to (possibly, who knows how the discussions went) turn down that sort of chance to go be Red Bull's simulator lad, make a Drive to Survive comeback, and now get outclassed by Yuki Tsunoda...oof. not a great choice to me, but I'm not an F1 driver hell-bent on staying in F1 at all costs.

Dan did better at a track he's got experience at and Yuki never had been to before

Danny’s Renault contract was $51 million.
His McLaren contract was $30 million, half of which he got for not driving.

To go from that kind of cash to WEC or IMSA where 1 million is considered a big contract must’ve seemed like a pauper’s salary. Getting in good with Porsche leads to a stable career that keeps you racing it’s true, but Dan is famously dumb as poo poo and dumb people cannot comprehend long term stability over short term gain.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Danny Ric should simply have been quicker than Verstappen when they were in the same car, he could have had three cheater WDCs by now

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

Danny’s Renault contract was $51 million.
His McLaren contract was $30 million, half of which he got for not driving.

To go from that kind of cash to WEC or IMSA where 1 million is considered a big contract must’ve seemed like a pauper’s salary.

then he would safely be in the "don't need to do this for a big payday" category, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

harperdc posted:

then he would safely be in the "don't need to do this for a big payday" category, right?

I mean his career earnings with endorsements have to be > 100 million at this point he doesn’t have to do poo poo anymore so it’s probably more about ego than money.