Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Also Dan Soder just dropped a new special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lik3hSyhrY

And David Cross. Good weekend for comedy, gottdang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnw65BBrlY4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
for 6 dollers you can use my FDR joke (pay in advance plz)

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

dee eight posted:

can we work out a lend-lease deal? cash and carry aint on the table for me rn

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Country folk drive like this (pantomimes slow motion driving)

City folk drive like this (crazy person on speed!)!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Hey everyone, great to be here tonight! You know, I tried to catch some fog earlier... I mist.
And folks, you ever notice how people who take care of chickens are literally chicken tenders?
Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week! Try the veal, tip your server!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

And what's the deal with grape nuts anyway? Bought a box today, opened it up- no grapes, no nuts?!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've always kind of wanted to do an open mic where I go up to the mic, try talking and freeze, and just start crying and having a breakdown about how it's all too hard and everyone is judging me and there's no point, and then right at the end going up to the mic and telling everyone thank you, they've been great.

It's definitely more funny for me I think.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i do standup every morning at 9

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

So these two ethnic slurs walk into a bar, and homophobic comment ethnic slur sexually suggestive ableist slur The Aristocrats!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS JERRY SEINFELDS STAND-UP CONFIDENTIAL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE PUNCHLINES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, JERRY SIENFELD. I DO EVERY PUNCHLINE AND I DO EVERY PUNCHLINE HARD. MAKIN HILARIOUS SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME OBSERVATIONS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP A PREMISE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS STAND-UP SPECIAL. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE JOKES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 58 MINUTES INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Szyznyk posted:

So these two ethnic slurs walk into a bar, and homophobic comment ethnic slur sexually suggestive ableist slur The Aristocrats!

:roflolmao:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I came up with a Jeselnik-like mini-bit that I like. Use it if you want.

"I was watching a true-crime documentary about this woman who put her boyfriend in a suitcase and he suffocated. Horrible, horrible stuff. I mean, can you imagine what that would be like?

If my girlfriend did that to me, I would be SO pissed at her.... for like 8 minutes. Maybe 10 if I don't panic."

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Szyznyk posted:

I feel like if someone tried this it would be almost impossible to climb up from the nosedive of silence that would follow.

Even being moderately edgy doesn’t really work too well for open mics.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ask someone in the audience where they live and then talk about how much that place sucks. People love it.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Lenny Bruce was arrested for what he did onstage, and he’s a comedy hero today. Therefore I’m thinking you should commit a lot of criminal acts onstage, so you can be a famous hero too. Maybe humorously brandish an unregistered firearm, make some terroristic japes to the audience, and playfully batter the security guard.

Alternately, take some adderall, I mean, it couldn’t hurt, right? I mean at least it’s better than drinking, and it fills you with unwarranted confidence that might be helpful in that situation.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ive started having “roast battles” show up on my youtube shorts algorithm and they seem to just be excuses to be bigoted??

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

SIDS Vicious posted:

ive started having “roast battles” show up on my youtube shorts algorithm and they seem to just be excuses to be bigoted??

is it those goddamn australians

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So I was at the airport the other day, what a clown show, am I right? Take my shoes off? Do you want to smell my socks? C'mon!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

neato burrito posted:

Hey speaking of stand up, Kyle Kinane's new special just dropped, here's some early access codes.

Redeem here.

?FEFGZJJW9PF - ? is number nine

?FDBMTAZ6GNA - ? is letter M

?9KPTYNVNR5D - ? is letter E

?B6PBZVA9WMJ - ? is number eight

Kyle Kinane is probably my favorite standup but why are you making me solve a puzzle

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Kyle Kinane is probably my favorite standup but why are you making me solve a puzzle

so scrapers don’t steal them (:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

create an AI running entirely off Dane Cook material

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

thunderspanks posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS JERRY SEINFELDS STAND-UP CONFIDENTIAL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE PUNCHLINES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, JERRY SIENFELD. I DO EVERY PUNCHLINE AND I DO EVERY PUNCHLINE HARD. MAKIN HILARIOUS SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME OBSERVATIONS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP A PREMISE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS STAND-UP SPECIAL. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE JOKES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 58 MINUTES INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

This reminds me of like 2011 or whenever twitter blew up and a contingent of the bad forums fancied that posting Mah Dad is a bug online would net them a spot in the comedy industry and like moved to LA and stuff thinking they would be hailed as geniuses and immediately hired on as sitcom writers.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Make some tasteless jokes about how you couldn't get a direct flight in to new york because the plane had to stop at the empire state building.

Then make a bunch of snide comments "jokes" about a girl in the audience who's BF is sitting next to her and maybe he'll fight you on stage. Then you can start your career with a bang.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dee eight posted:

I'm sure you have lot of them since you were personal friends. :haw:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I swear I had some really good trans jokes lined up. Stuff that even the cis could laugh at but I’d need to recall them.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Instead of jokes hyw don't you try makin social justice

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Funny, what do you mean funny? Funny how, funny like a clown?

:cb: :ccb: :cb:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love standup comedy and respect the poo poo out off the comics but my ego is far too fragile to do something like that.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I love standup comedy and respect the poo poo out off the comics but my ego is far too fragile to do something like that.

A fragile ego actually works pretty good for standup.

It’s the ones with big egos that suck. They can’t comprehend how no one is laughing at their act and they decide it’s the audience that is poo poo instead of their material.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Come on you know why theres two pieces of bread it's to make it easier to handle with all those condiments on it like dude

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Don't get me started on the "Continental Breakfast".

What continent are you on buddy where a slice of melon is breakfast??

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I told some nerd jokes at an Anime convention, first time went okay and I learned some stuff, second time went better so I decided to quit while I was ahead.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im not afraid to go there. I say what other comics wont. Im taking the gloves off. Im raw and uncensored with no holds barred takes. Put the kids to bed and dont tell momma because this time im letting it all hang out with jokes that are too hot, too raunchy, and too jaw dropping for prime time. Youll poo poo your pants with your mouth open. Its anything but PC.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I told some nerd jokes at an Anime convention, first time went okay and I learned some stuff, second time went better so I decided to quit while I was ahead.

Congrats! But don't give up the dream completely. Maybe one day....

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAi23EQbgx0

my favorite Kinane because it's too real

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Whats the deal with this" "Have you ever thought how crazy this thing is"
Dude you have the same acces to most all available information on all of this poo poo as we do this feels like learned helplessness tbh

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I have a keen distaste for stand up comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

I have a keen distaste for stand up comedy.

:ok: