Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Funny enough, I've got a VHS copy of this movie (and a working VCR) but have never actually watched it. I guess this is as good an excuse as any to get around to doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I had a two day window to get this movie watched while I was home from work, and managed it this evening. It has its moments, but little stuck out as particularly memorable apart from the repeated Magic Eye bit, which never wears out its welcome. Also Jay and Silent Bob beating up the Easter Bunny. For whatever reason Jason Lee really seems to be the only member of the primary cast able to work well with the material he's given; the "main" couple come off as complete non-entities--for all the screen time Jeremy London's character takes up, we never get a feel for who he is, the girlfriend even less so, especially as she only has three scenes in the whole movie. Also, maybe it's just me, but Claire Forlani seems to be trying to do some sort of accent with half her lines and it isn't working, so her delivery comes off as extra-stilted.

So all in all I'd say it's one of Kevin Smith's lesser movies, about on par with Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Which was the last one I saw, and honestly I'm fine with having left off there. I've never felt the need to revisit any of the ones I've seen, they're just sort of there as part of the cultural detritus taking up an uncomfortable place in the back of my Volkswagen mind.