Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!
"You fuckers think just 'cause a guy reads comics he can't start some poo poo?" was truly an anthem of a line for people of a certain generation. (Suffice it to say that I had the Drew Struzan poster on my wall all through college.) But for me it'll never get better than the "fear and respect that escalator" monologue. And Brodie is right, not a year goes by, not a year, where I don't read an article like that in the news…

It's funny to watch this movie now and realize there was once a time where Stan Lee was someone who sort of needed to be explained to a mainstream audience. Who knew that one day people would be watching for his cameos in the biggest movies of the year.

Of course, it's also funny that Ben Affleck plays an embarrassing little role in this and it turned out to be a crucially important step in getting "Good Will Hunting" made and launching everything that came after. Proof for every aspiring creative type that there are no small parts!

Anyway, my only real comment on this movie is that for whatever reason I simply can't watch it and *not* follow up with the "Buttercup" music video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU