Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
This was a fun pick. I've seen my fair share of Kevin Smith's movies, although Clerk is the only one I tend to revisit. This is the most prominent entry in his filmography that passed me by. I'm sure this would have hit me a bit more as a teenager, but aside from some crude, juvenile bits of humor, I don't think I aged out of this as much as I'd have feared. It's a decent mix of the Clerks style plus an attempt to make it a more straightforward mainstream movie. This has actually got a pretty forward-moving plot with a pleasing comedic set piece at the end. There were even a few attempts at framing shots in a more creative way beyond "medium, flat two-shot," particular in Jay and Silent Bob's cartoon sideplots. This must have been before Kevin gave up. And the dated '90s elements are a huge part of the charm, from the mall setting itself to the really talky pop-culture dialogue to the awesome soundtrack. Jason Lee is the MVP, obviously.

P.S. I have no idea if this was intentionally chosen for this month, but I got a good laugh out of this also being a stealth Easter movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU