Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event are you looking forward to the most this month?
This poll is closed.
You already know how this gag works 2 9.09%
You're going to pick O'Malley vs Chito 1 4.55%
Unless you're really invested in Amanda Ribas 1 4.55%
Sean O'Malley vs Marlon Vera 2 0 0%
Corey Anderson vs Karl Moore 3 13.64%
Wait 3 13.64%
How did that get there 3 13.64%
Oh no, not more Beastin' 9 40.91%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have a feeling in my waters that chito wins this and it's not particularly close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Everyone bends the knee to MBS. By world leader standards he's a piece of poo poo. By boxing standards he's just a regular promoter.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I remember how rough the recovery was from staph when I had it. It's insane to step into the cage against Dustin loving Porier when you're that compromised.

What a Monster.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aw man. Not Mark Coleman. gently caress.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lets go Erceg. Continue the tradition of cool aussie fighters becoming champ, cementing their legacy as cool as gently caress and then making us all extremely sad with a loss in 6 years.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

Sean O'Malley fuckin' sucks and I will never be convinced otherwise.

I was firmly in this camp before he dismantled Vera but he's got the ability to follow a game plan and do as he's told from some world class coaches and that alone can take someone pretty far.

I have a lot of respect for how his team prepares him and despite the UFC trying very hard to make him a thing, despite him being a bit of a clown, I'm firmly a convert to the Sean o'malley is world class camp.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Apparently McGregor is telling everyone him v Chandler at middleweight will headline 303.

Its probably some crack binge fever dream and I won't believe it until the pink wet baby announces it but lol if true.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

COPE 27 posted:

Getting hit in the head really hard can gently caress you up in all sorts of ways and I'm inclined to believe someone when they say that. Just because someone got outclassed in a fight doesn't mean their struggles aren't real.

Yeah I tend to agree. Rousey had a pretty hosed up, up bringing when you think about it as well and I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt when it comes to her trust issues. I mean we're talking a lady who grew up without the best parents who spent her time in american judo, the olympics, the UFC and the WWE. She hasn't had anything resembling a normal life dealing with normal people doing normal things. She made a bunch of mistakes on her own and eventually you have to take responsibility for sure but still.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Trillhouse posted:

lol joe rogan literally said that about this:

He was still wrong but he literally didn't.

He said she would win if she could get a clinch and it was an MMA fight, he's still wrong but he didn't think Rousey could outbox Mayweather.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

Maybe the bigot on the verge of a violent nervous breakdown shouldn't be fighting

90% of the roster shouldn't be fighting?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

I didn't realize until yesterday that this weekend's card is so near me, thought of going but apparently the cheapest tickets possible are like $140? That seems like too much to go watch Chris Wide Man fight in 2024.

Still probably pretty fun to go to a live event if you havent been to many.

Also Whittaker v Chimiaev in June, in Saudi Arabia. I'd really like for Whittaker to knock him out and just silence that loving crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Scapegoat posted:

Wow another Perth card, pity it's Izzy versus DDP. Whitaker is fighting in Saudi so I wonder if Jack Della will be recovered for a home town fight.

I think Della completely broke his arm so I mean, 6 weeks before he can do much of anything makes it tough. He's crazy enough to do it, but he's got that pop now and he probably needs to protect his career a little bit. By which I mean don't jump in against some killer like Shavkat on 4 weeks training.