Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event are you looking forward to the most this month?
This poll is closed.
You already know how this gag works 2 9.09%
You're going to pick O'Malley vs Chito 1 4.55%
Unless you're really invested in Amanda Ribas 1 4.55%
Sean O'Malley vs Marlon Vera 2 0 0%
Corey Anderson vs Karl Moore 3 13.64%
Wait 3 13.64%
How did that get there 3 13.64%
Oh no, not more Beastin' 9 40.91%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
cant even wear that many pants to necessitate all those belts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
kid nate is a land of contrasts

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Grasso and Shevchenko are the coaches of TUF 32, starting in June.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

PFL's first 3 cards have been announced. Some highlights:

Liz Carmouch vs Juliana Velasquez #3 in a women's flyweight regular season bout

Tall Steve Mowry!

Kana Watanabe!

Impa Kasanganay vs Alex E-Z Polizzi (the guy who fought in Bellator with an Arby's temporary tattoo)

Clay Collard vs Patricky Pitbull!

Sadibou Sy moves up to 205 from 170 to fight Conan Silveira's son, Josh

FACE SHOE!

My dude Jay Jay Wilson

My other dude Goiti Yamauchi vs a vile and disgusting Gracie (It is Neiman, who Goiti already knocked out 2 years ago)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Liz Carmouche and Juliana Velasquez will fight in the opening round, and then they will fight again in the playoffs, and then, after Taila Santos gets injured, the finals will be Liz Carmouche vs Juliana Velasquez 5.

Always Be Carmouching

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

hell yeah

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

huh, ok

https://twitter.com/lthomasnews/status/1768759866246537307

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

guess who was at the gym today (not my gym, i am not an ohioan)

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1769768209517793681?t=VsN8pCzxX0mjJys3iEr80Q&s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Why am I so emotional about Mark Coleman? Did all that roidtech reprogram me somehow?

we are all hammerpilled here, friend

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Aljo did get shoved into that fight in extremely lovely ways and I complained about them at length at the time, but I'm not sure it would've made a big difference to the final outcome after seeing the way the fight went.

Also, rare Bellator victory:
https://twitter.com/donndavispfl/status/1770152200011972627
This is at least theoretically the best distribution deal they've had since the Spike TV days.

holky molky

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: B-League Round-Up :siren:

Bellator Champions Series: Belfast - Friday, March 22, 12 PM ET, on Max

Welcome to the shambling corpse of Bellator, propped up in a gruesome facsimile of life for reasons yet to be determined. Join me, won’t you, in the slimiest viscera and most putrid slop Irish MMA has to offer.

The prelims will see Geoff Neal’s brother, Grant, take on Luke Trainer in a matchup between one-loss guys. Steven Hill and Jordan Newman put their undefeated records on the line, as will the equally 3-0 Abraham Bably and Isaiah Pinson. Fun fact about those last two guys, they both got their pro starts by whooping on a certified jobguy. For Bably, it was Jan “The Monster” Lysak, currently 2-27, and for Pinson, it was Idrees “Grumpy Bear” Wasi, currently 3-20 (I really should finish my Found A Guy series at some point, huh?)

Next up is the Ireland portion of the prelims, as Nathan Kelly meets Super Fight League (Boom! Pow! Punch, kick, wow!) veteran Vikas Singh Ruhil. Then Ciaran Clarke faces Darius Mafi, pending Clarke’s ability to make weight, and apparently pending Mafi being allowed to fight since he had a bout listed on the 9th with results currently pending. I’m no kind of Fight Doctor or anything, but I’m not sure if a guy who fought a mere 13 days ago should be getting back in the cage so soon. Seems bad!

The prelim card ends with two members of the “We Got Beat by Alex Shabliy” Club, with Alfie Davis meeting Tofiq Musayev. Should be a good fight! Just make sure to keep Shabliy far away from the cage, so as not to spook the fighters.

The main card starts with more Ireland Time, as James Gallagher faces Leandro Higo. This fight was originally made last year, but that was during Gallagher’s “Not Fighting Anyone Right Now” phase. Hopefully things are trending in a more positive direction for Smallgregor.

Then for some reason we get Tim Wilde versus Manoel Sousa. Guess Irish Time can never last very long. Fabian Edwards looks to rebound from his loss to Johnny Eblen by facing Aaron Jeffery, who is most notable for either losing to both Brendan Allen and Caio Borralho on the Contender Series (not great) or for punching Austin Vanderford in the face (marginally ok as a litmus test for fighting prowess, pretty funny if you dislike Mr Paige VanZant).

Co-Main Event sees Patricio Pitbull finally defending the Featherweight title against Jeremy Kennedy. It is time to see if the 36 year old Pitbull is Too Old for This poo poo, or are there indeed Levels to This poo poo, and the guy with the nickname “Junior Bacon Cheeseburger” learns he is woefully overmatched. I think this should be a good fight, since Kennedy has looked pretty solid in the past, though that obviously comes with the girthy caveat that those stellar performances have been against guys who are demonstrably Not Patricio Pitbull.

In the Main Event Corey “Beastin Overtime 25/8” Anderson faces Karl Moore for the vacant Light Heavyweight title. Insanely useless fact: If Corey Anderson beasts 25 hours per day for 8 days per week, and we assume no other temporal anomalies in the Beastin-Verse, that equates to an additional 69.333 Earth-standard 24-hour days of Beastin opportunities if Corey were to Beast for an entire year, uninterrupted. Which I think he will do, once he wins the Bellator Light Heavyweight title after he punches Irish Karl in the face.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

UFC 300 poster featuring the following information

- UFC
- it is the 300th one
- it is on PPV

no fighters listed because who cares about who is on the card, just buy the PPV, it is UFC, you greedy little hogs

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/1770402736032333905?t=_sXmIj8yacRgMvnHn8e0xw&s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

[extremely mike goldberg voice] and it is all over

https://twitter.com/heynottheface/status/1770477067353694660?t=IFyAUYxjQt7GR5B-K1plBA&s=19

UFC settles to pay $335mil, no mention of changes to contracts.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Does Clay Collard count?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

USADA's last gasp: suspending Walt Harris for 4 years

https://twitter.com/mma_orbit/status/1770778655007895768?t=ETYNcHus4eN4UG795_HtpA&s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Apparently the test was done by the new group, which is weird since I thought USADA was testing through the end of 2023 and Walt's test failures were in June and July

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Apparently the test was done by the new group, which is weird since I thought USADA was testing through the end of 2023 and Walt's test failures were in June and July

Ok, further reading: tested positive for steroids and testosterone of exogenous origin in June and July. They asked for more blood and urine samples to confirm, and not only did he have exogenous testosterone and the original steroids, he had new, additional steroids in his system. Outstanding work, no notes

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Back from the hospital just in time to see Smallgregor lose. Yay!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Someone should tell Kennedy it is in fact legal to check a low kick

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ooh, nice bonk from JBC.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Ooh, nice bonk from JBC.

Too many bonks from Pitbull

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Spaced God posted:

idk seems like a skill issue to me

*skull issue

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

awww yisss

https://twitter.com/MerabDvalishvil/status/1773778620374450295

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

The original and first ultimate fighter, Helio Gracie, looks down on what the OG of the fight business a true Boston gangster, Dana, has down to ultimate fighting from heaven and weeps

there is no way any gracie has ever seen the warmth and light of heaven