Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event are you looking forward to the most this month?
This poll is closed.
You already know how this gag works 2 9.09%
You're going to pick O'Malley vs Chito 1 4.55%
Unless you're really invested in Amanda Ribas 1 4.55%
Sean O'Malley vs Marlon Vera 2 0 0%
Corey Anderson vs Karl Moore 3 13.64%
Wait 3 13.64%
How did that get there 3 13.64%
Oh no, not more Beastin' 9 40.91%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

It’s poo poo that BE died that way but it’s been in a slow decline for a long time. I used to be a BE regular, but the community mostly died and the attempt to resuscitate it was to drop the moderation standards that made it somewhere I wanted to spend my time to begin with. The engagement first model devolved into a bunch of hateful assholes brigading anything remotely political and never commenting on anything that had to do with the sport otherwise.

The thread here has been more fun to hang out in now, and the live threads on SA replaced the live threads on BE for me. I don’t have time to organize one while traveling but the Bloody Elbow Clan War was legendary and it would be cool to do something like that here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

CommonShore posted:

What is the bloody elbow clan war

Group tapology fantasy. You had a team of 4 picking every card and each card you were playing against a different team. There was a league season followed by playoffs, and live event threads with a ton of smack talk and friendly ribbing.

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 6, 2024

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

CarlCX posted:

I'm Sean O'Malley hater number one now that DRJ doesn't post here, but he's absolutely a world-class fighter. Do I think he beat Petr Yan? No. Did he give Petr Yan a tougher fight than everyone but Aljo and Merab? Indisputably. Do I think he deserved the fight with Aljo? Not remotely. Did he knock Aljo the gently caress out? Easily.

His matchmaking and marketing are poo poo and booking the Chito rematch was really stupid, but he's absolutely world-class in the division. I will also never pick him to win a fight because he sucks rear end. Both can be true.

It’s this. It’s been obvious he’s very good for a while now if you can get past the clown, but he still isn’t fully tested.