Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event are you looking forward to the most this month?
This poll is closed.
You already know how this gag works 2 9.09%
You're going to pick O'Malley vs Chito 1 4.55%
Unless you're really invested in Amanda Ribas 1 4.55%
Sean O'Malley vs Marlon Vera 2 0 0%
Corey Anderson vs Karl Moore 3 13.64%
Wait 3 13.64%
How did that get there 3 13.64%
Oh no, not more Beastin' 9 40.91%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mewse
May 2, 2006

CarlCX posted:

It's just such a fake loving marketing thing and I hate seeing people parrot it. I am hating. I am a hater.

Yeah I hate the double champ thing. Like boxing where they're proudly displaying six belts when a guy is about to fight, the other guy proudly displaying five belts -- so the belts are worthless I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

CarlCX posted:

Sorry, JoJo. I hope you're happy if this is it, and I hope you get to relax into retirement with the millions of dollars you assuredly made as an internationally relevant TUF star who fought in the UFC for an entire decade.

:wal:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

I think Marc is in the right. Fighters can't call a timeout.

The doc determined he couldn't continue because of a sliver?

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

https://news.yahoo.com/entertainment/ronda-rousey-reveals-years-concerning-200803773.html
Without watching that interview, I can't help but think this is moderately sour grapes.
I don't doubt that Ronda had concussions that made her overall development and mental health a lot more difficult.
I just don't think it jibes with accepting a heavier striking gameplan in her last few fights.

yeah a judo olympian became a ufc champion by using an unstoppable arm bar then decided she was a professional boxer

we learned from her book that the champion mindset is to defy reality

mewse
May 2, 2006

ilmucche posted:

what was that screenshot about mental health or brain injuries that somehow mike perry was the voice of reason?

kimbo305 posted:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4q_pWIPJfM/?igsh=aGJ5MmpnbGRvcGdu
Sean Strickland confessing how often he’s having mental health episodes on social media:

To which Mike Perry of all people responded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Super Deuce posted:

One of the worst things for actual matchmaking of the UFC is their need to push the “local” thing. It ends up hurting their cards having to put a British fighter in every fight, or Arab fighter, or whatever depending where the fight is. It’s just another bullshit factor that puts good fights on hold.

i dunno i think of all the things we could criticize the ufc about, this is pretty low down the list. it builds local interest, it sells local tickets, it hypes local fighters, and they get to pay less for airfare/accommodations for the local fighters and their coaches/cornermen/ support staff. it’s like win/win/win