Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Naming my child the thing that should not be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

big nipples big life posted:

Thing that should not be is one of my fav songs

The lyrics are whatever, but Kirk's weirdass solo is fuckin awrsome

I find that I still gravitate to Kill em all though. First album, best album

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

going to name my child hung drawn and quartered

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Saalkin posted:

Oh man I totally forgot but one of my nephew's is named after this album lmao
maybe its justice tripp

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Seems like a good time to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXd75NJFmdE

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao even mariokart makes lars sound like a halfassed lovely drummer

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Saalkin posted:

Oh man I totally forgot but one of my nephew's is named after this album lmao

Timothy Frayed Ends of Sanity Jones, get in here this instant!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Eye of the Beholder One Tremblay you come over here this instant

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I worked with a guy who named his son Orion, and there is an extremely good chance its after the Metallica song

I also have a cousin named Kashmir, after the Led Zeppelin song :doh:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Orion is a really good song and you have a logical out

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

Orion is a really good song and you have a logical out

Yes and also yes

"Sweetie, can you pick up Trapped Under Ice from band practice tomorrow after school? I can't make it, I'm meeting with Harvester of Sorrow's teacher"

EDIT

Harvester by itself would sorta work, its a lot more interesting than Jaeden or whatever

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Ran across this today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vumrar1k928

this album is so much better with a bass guitar on it, will never understand why they did Jason like that.

Also this dude jams.

the playing is good but i dont think this improves the original because it sounds too much like he's trying to put the bass in the forefront and call attention to it. yes the bass was too quiet on the original but the timbre of it was more suitable

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Honey, can you pick up Fade from school today? God, his conception was the best moment of my life.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

It’s probably Invisible Kid

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

naming my son with dwarfism the shortest straw

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

naming my son On The Mountain at Dawn

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Naming my son Dopesmoker, as a prophetic warning

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Thing that should not be is one of my fav songs

The lyrics are whatever, but Kirk's weirdass solo is fuckin awrsome

The main riff itself just fuckin slaps hard

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m assuming the kid’s name is Justice

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
listening to fuel while driving a pickup truck off the face of Yosemite in test drive off road 2

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Naming my second son Beholder

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

Naming my second son Beholder

also works for D&D fans.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

also works for D&D fans.

yeah but I'm gonna name my third son Frosthammer

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Vampire Panties posted:

Naming my son Dopesmoker, as a prophetic warning

Naming my son Dopesmoker, after reading and misunderstanding a piece of satire about nominative determinism I have mistaken for an academic article

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Pike would be a sweet first name for a lil' rock n roll kid

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
"And what's this little darling's name?"

*old lady gestures to my daughter while we're in line at the supermarket*

"Ain't My Bitch"

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

he doesn't practice. he doesn't care. he just prints money and talks poo poo.

Correct.

Lars is a mediocre (at best) drummer, but as a songwriter and band manager, he's invaluable to the band. He is why we've even heard of Metallica.

So no, he doesn't practice or care about his drums. He prints money and talks poo poo, which get people talking about Metallica which means he gets to print more money...

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

H13 posted:

Correct.

Lars is a mediocre (at best) drummer, but as a songwriter and band manager, he's invaluable to the band. He is why we've even heard of Metallica.

So no, he doesn't practice or care about his drums. He prints money and talks poo poo, which get people talking about Metallica which means he gets to print more money...

Exactly. In addition, Metallica functions just fine musically with mediocre drumming because Hetfield is a loving God of riffs and down picking which makes up for the midget behind the kit. With that said, aside from his studio prowess, Lars is kinda fun live? I mean, dude stands up a lot and gestures to the crowd like a cheerleader of sorts, I don't know if it sounds weird but it has its own charm. It's definitely better than the crab walk poo poo that Rob does.

Also, in the end Lars was right about the Napster poo poo. For what it's worth, they're really good about providing free content for fans these days. Don't get me wrong, they're capitalists through and through but when I saw them on the Hardwired Tour everyone got a free audio download of their particular concert afterwards which I thought was really cool and they have a YouTube channel with a metric gently caress ton of past concerts and they're constantly releasing new performances as they play more shows.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

ajfa kid is 100% dyer

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The Lady Justice statue that fell apart onstage throughout that tour was nicknamed Doris so I'm going with that.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

imo the writing on the first five albums is pretty good but after that they pretty much lost me. i think robert trujillo is a better musician than anyone who's ever been in metallica but the stuff they write now just kind of falls flat to me, even the newest one which people have been calling a "return to form". a return to the form of load maybe, they seem to have no idea how to write the more classical-influenced stuff they did in the 80's.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

H13 posted:

Correct.

Black Sunshine posted:

Exactly. In addition, Metallica functions just fine musically with mediocre drumming because Hetfield is a loving God of riffs and down picking which makes up for the midget behind the kit. With that said, aside from his studio prowess, Lars is kinda fun live? I mean, dude stands up a lot and gestures to the crowd like a cheerleader of sorts, I don't know if it sounds weird but it has its own charm. It's definitely better than the crab walk poo poo that Rob does.

Also, in the end Lars was right about the Napster poo poo. For what it's worth, they're really good about providing free content for fans these days. Don't get me wrong, they're capitalists through and through but when I saw them on the Hardwired Tour everyone got a free audio download of their particular concert afterwards which I thought was really cool and they have a YouTube channel with a metric gently caress ton of past concerts and they're constantly releasing new performances as they play more shows.

How heavy were those barrels of water

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

How heavy were those barrels of water

Pretty light when it's objective truth and not just typical nerd hatred for anything that more than 53 people on earth like

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

Pretty light when it's objective truth and not just typical nerd hatred for anything that more than 53 people on earth like

lmao

here have a good guitar solo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 5, 2024

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

“Friends Don’t Let Friends Get “Friends” Haircuts”

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Naming my kid Some Kind of Monster

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m assuming the kid’s name is Justice

That'd be correct. But Lmao at every joke about this

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
The best thing to come out of St Anger for me was one of the finest bits of music journalism I've had the pleasure of reading. They described the drums and snare and the erratic playing on the album sounding like "a skeleton masturbating in a file cabinet." A+ work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Floodixor posted:

"a skeleton masturbating in a file cabinet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar9BaNN5J4E