Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Lars and James were so messed up on booze, emotional pain, coke, and whatever else and they kept telling the engineer to turn down the bass.

Really it depends on how you ask and what year it is. The fact that Jason hasn't poo poo all over Lars and James every chance he gets over this mystifies me. Every single fan would completely understand if not encourage it.

I saw the Justice tour that year (88 or 89) and it was amazing. The crowd went apeshit when Jason played a solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

So many drummers I knew were putting loving blocks of wood on their bass drum heads trying to mimic Lars' sound. It's not wood, it's poor sound engineering.

I admit it works for the record, but it's a terrible sound.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

every conversation about Metallica deserves to be immediately turned into what a shithead Lars is and what drummers are better than him, thanks for giving us the leg up lil' buddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3nUZhWXiH0

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I thought they used some riffs from Cliff on the album. To Live is to Die is by him, right?

The Black album is ok but my God was it over-hyped and overplayed.

Bob Rock? lol They make fun of Winger but bring in the guy that produced Dr Feelgood?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I'll never forget the collective , "wh...wha....what?" reaction people had when Until it Sleeps came out.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Has anyone watched Geddy Lee's new show?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29623935/

He has Trujillo on as a guest in one episode and he seems like such a great person.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Seems like a good time to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXd75NJFmdE

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I've always thought that if something happens to Lars, Chad Smith could take over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

To mature as a musician is just the same as maturing in real life. You learn to control and process emotions and start to be honest with and love yourself and others.

These are things that Lars and James cannot do.

Jason wanted to try out a new band and James outright refused, saying it would take away from Metallica. Meanwhile James is going all kinds of side projects, just not promoting them. I think he was jealous that Jason could not only branch out, but was willing to stamp him name on them and go on his own. James is too chickenshit for either and I'm glad Jason saw it for what it was.