Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

the 'obvious scum strategy' mean 'try to convince the third town (probably maerlyn) that i am scum because opop was'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am not convinced that the swap to Opop, the person you were defending for days with a can't kill result, and then bounced, wasn't scum theatre.
I am also not sure that the rb on you isn't additional scum theatre.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Grandicap posted:

Opop and Dans now have both flipped and we still don't know what happened with that vig.

I was wrong about Opop's alignment. But not wrong about the circumstances. Opop was not a BP and hiding it.

This isn't super relevant, but I am grasping at straws to retain some level of belief in my own reads.

Shark. Why did you vote Opop? What caused the change of heart?

well, scum grandicap, i saw keats posting that he believed that scum opop was possible. and frankly after all the poo poo i've had to deal with from maerlyn, i trust keats's opinion more than i trust maer's

so i decided, gently caress it, either we lose the game or we reveal that my role was getting subverted all along. I would have taken telling maerlyn 'i told you so' but getting a scum is also good

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I am refusing to doubt Shark. At the very least he wasn't the killer last night, so the odds are worse for him to be scum

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Or, it's not keats, and it's shark and Maer?
Shark used the Opop roleseer result to finger RWC instead of a gunsmith role, and used it to clear his scumbuds after?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Grandicap posted:

Or, it's not keats, and it's shark and Maer?
Shark used the Opop roleseer result to finger RWC instead of a gunsmith role, and used it to clear his scumbuds after?

I thought this too but knowing he was roleblocked proves he took an action.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

sharkmafia posted:

also, let's just get ahead of the obvious scum strategy here

yesterday was lylo, meaning the scumteam only needed one town person to vote with them to win

both keats and grandicap were willing to vote with me yesterday. there are three scum in this game. opop was scum, so if I was scum then both keats and grandicap could not be scum. meaning scum me would already have a game-winning vote block, meaning there would be abolutely no need to switch onto opop and get him killed

also again, the 'scum theater' that scum grandicap is describing would have been totally unnecessary as scum me. I had at least one town in my pocket, in that scenario

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

sharkmafia posted:

well, scum grandicap, i saw keats posting that he believed that scum opop was possible. and frankly after all the poo poo i've had to deal with from maerlyn, i trust keats's opinion more than i trust maer's

so i decided, gently caress it, either we lose the game or we reveal that my role was getting subverted all along. I would have taken telling maerlyn 'i told you so' but getting a scum is also good

Not scum, but I am pretty sure I'm going down today anyway. I have been wrong too many times, and right too few. But I'm sure as hell not going down without a fight. I will solve it even if I'm shouting it to the skies on the way to the gallows.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Grandi was pretty heavy "not gonna vote Opop" all game which is actually a little LESS scummy because Grandi isn't opposed to bussing.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Johnny Keats posted:

I thought this too but knowing he was roleblocked proves he took an action.

No, becuase you asked him if he could confirm it

Johnny Keats posted:

Shark can you confirm

This is an obvious leading question that has an easy answer.
And on top of that, he could have a non-gunsmith role that did get blocked.
Or he could be scum-smith.

Or he could be a town gunsmith and I'm tinfoiling all over the place.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

You think that question was obvious? It could have meant a number of things

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

sharkmafia posted:

also again, the 'scum theater' that scum grandicap is describing would have been totally unnecessary as scum me. I had at least one town in my pocket, in that scenario

I was totally and absolutely in your pocket yesterday. I would have followed you into the depths of hell.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Johnny Keats posted:

You think that question was obvious? It could have meant a number of things

Yes. If the rb asks you if you can confirm. As soon as the day opens. It is either a trap or it is saying you rb'd them.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Grandicap posted:

I was totally and absolutely in your pocket yesterday. I would have followed you into the depths of hell.

We both were, that's his point. I see it too, but it only works if you are town, which I currently don't believe.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Wait no it kinda does work because if I voted with Shark, then you could hammer. I get where he's coming from

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Grandicap posted:

yes, exactly, scum grandicap. a scenario where I had a town in my pocket- and one of grandicap and keats would have had to be town- would be a situation where lylo was already winnable by the scumteam.

so the question to ask- that is, to ask maerlyn, specifically, per my current thinking- is, why the actual gently caress would I swap onto opop as scum?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Opop pushed Keats most often, could have been a bus but I'm ambivalent.

Opopanax posted:

Ok cool, so

Dans (I don't buy an SK and a scum dayvig in a 15 player game, Town)
CubicalSucrose (no solid read but he's probably posting too much to be scum)
sharkmafia (I guess I could see scum gunsmith or maybe a rolecop or something but I feel like they've played things pretty town so far, no interest in voting them)

Grandicap (Grandi is wily but I still don't see him trying to get someone killed based on information they Recieved in a dream as scum. That said I don't recall anything else he's done)
Tired Moritz (bizarrely fixated on killing me and Dans. If rwc had flipped scum I'd be voting tm already, as is I'm not ready to call them town or scum but I'm leaning scum, will depending on their posting today)

fool of sound (I couldn't tell you one thing fool has said or done in this game, probably lurking scum)
Johnny Keats (still scummy)
Maerlyn (still scummy)

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

That Opop post makes me more convinced of Grandi. That is fake reason for townreading him.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Makes me feel better about Maer that she posted it, however. Maybe it's Cube

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

anyway i'm pretty loving sure that maerlyn is town, and if keats is town he's been doing some mastermind poo poo with his roleblock targeting

so for me it's pretty cut and dried

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

sharkmafia posted:

anyway i'm pretty loving sure that maerlyn is town, and if keats is town he's been doing some mastermind poo poo with his roleblock targeting

so for me it's pretty cut and dried

Do you want to vote Grandi or Cube?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

if keats is scum*

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Johnny Keats posted:

i think grandicap is the better bet. he's been pretty consistently on my side for most of the game, which in this context means backing up my crusade to keep opop alive at all costs because I got a town investigation on him

the other scum being more ambivalent about the whole thing (cube) also fits

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It has been a long time since I've been this thouroughly bamboozled as town. I am legit angry with myself.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Keats allegedly roleblocks Shark.

Shark allegedly knows that Keats roleblocked them.

If Keats is scum but Shark isn't, then this gets Keats a "didn't do the kill" alibi.
If Shark is scum but Keats isn't, Keats whiffed on a pretty decent attempt.

If Shark is scum, they could've lied and said they weren't roleblocked, then come back with a result (which no one would've trusted I guess). But it basically thunderdomes Shark and Keats today.

If they're BOTH scum, then that could've happened, I guess. Risky. But then yesterday was weird with Opop. I don't know, I don't buy that.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

note that that whole argument had me doing all the heavy lifting and consequently taking all the attention, first from fool of sound and now from maerlyn

although maerlyn seems down to kill grandi, which brings up a counterpoint actually

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Johnny Keats posted:

actually, here's my modified thinking

i really think maerlyn is town, but if she's scum then she is not on a team with grandicap

so cube basically has to be scum in either scenario

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Well I'll vote with you either or.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

sharkmafia posted:

actually, here's my modified thinking

i really think maerlyn is town, but if she's scum then she is not on a team with grandicap

so cube basically has to be scum in either scenario

Well, I'm not surprised you're coming to this conclusion, since I'm the one who keeps remembering this post...[hold a minute while I find it]

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

This one, emphasis added:

sharkmafia posted:

I'm sure I don't know. which is why I checked opop last night.

What I do know is that opop gave a 'no kill' result. and the 'simple setup' means a godfather role would be unlikely to coexist with whatever the kill resistance is about. I would vote dans over opop if it was between those two choices, but considering that dans's action really really looks like a vig, i'm inclined to not want to kill either of them.

If opop is scum, then I have to be. I'm not sure why you're asking me this question as if you think i'm convinceable if you actually think i'm scum. Do you think i'm scum?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

also hey maerlyn you notice how keats and i are communicating and planning in thread and the other people (grandicap and cube) are just posting independently, but their opinions seem to go towards the same conclusion

that's a sign that they're coordinating their play in the scum channel

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Maerlyn and Grandi is still a possibility in my mind. But I'm firmly with Shark at this point, we are on the same wavelength and it's ride or die.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm going through all the Pepe Silvia yarn on a corkboard theories.

Could there only be a 2 man scumteam like flipped scum Opop suggested while pretending to be a survivor? Was that an accidental tipping of his hand, or just more poo poo we have to ignore?
I mean, we can't assume that it is true, becuse if it isn't it is LYLO and a misplaced vote ends the game. But it also could explain why shark was willing to swap to him.
Or am I just stuck on the shark thing, and I have to look elsewhere?

I half wish keats has RB'd me, but there was no way I was doing the kill last night even if I were scum, I had too much heat. So if the scumteam was me+shark in Keat's mind, it was a well thought out block.
So which scum teams would have sent shark to do the kill, because those scum teams should be off the board.
It isn't me+shark
It isn't Maer+shark (Is this a bad clear?)
Could be cube+shark
Could be Keats+shark (In this case, either could have done the kill, it just gives them both an alibi where they clear eachother)

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

CubicalSucrose posted:

This one, emphasis added:

lmao whatever man, im sure a quote taken out of context is gonna be the knockout blow here

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Grandicap posted:

I'm going through all the Pepe Silvia yarn on a corkboard theories.

Could there only be a 2 man scumteam like flipped scum Opop suggested while pretending to be a survivor? Was that an accidental tipping of his hand, or just more poo poo we have to ignore?
I mean, we can't assume that it is true, becuse if it isn't it is LYLO and a misplaced vote ends the game. But it also could explain why shark was willing to swap to him.
Or am I just stuck on the shark thing, and I have to look elsewhere?

I half wish keats has RB'd me, but there was no way I was doing the kill last night even if I were scum, I had too much heat. So if the scumteam was me+shark in Keat's mind, it was a well thought out block.
So which scum teams would have sent shark to do the kill, because those scum teams should be off the board.
It isn't me+shark
It isn't Maer+shark (Is this a bad clear?)
Could be cube+shark
Could be Keats+shark (In this case, either could have done the kill, it just gives them both an alibi where they clear eachother)

It's not just this, it's also "Which teams would've killed TMor over (the alternatives)."

Which is like...why not kill one of Keats or Shark?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CubicalSucrose posted:

It's not just this, it's also "Which teams would've killed TMor over (the alternatives)."

Which is like...why not kill one of Keats or Shark?

TMor was a good kill if shark is scum. Everyone else here has a good level of heat on them. And the longer shark survives the more suspicious he is.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

basically what i think here is that cube is the surest bet, but it may not be possible to convince the town out of maerlyn and grandicap to vote cube (its almost certainly maerlyn as the town but its not impossible its otherwise)

which means that if maerlyn can only be convinced to vote grandicap then we need to go there

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I honestly think it's exactly the two of them, with an offhand chance that it's Maerlyn with either of them (more likely Cube?). So like I said I'll vote either. I think we can vote perfect from now on and win.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Grandicap posted:

TMor was a good kill if shark is scum. Everyone else here has a good level of heat on them. And the longer shark survives the more suspicious he is.

a good example of the very obvious scum strategy, which was to not kill me on the basis that they could then ask 'why is shark still alive?'

in the context of a role that can subvert my action, which I not know exists in some capacity, leaving me alive is comparatively low-risk and gives them someone to push on lylo. this is all blindingly obvious

although keats blocking the nk would have been cool him using his roleblock on me instead was as good a use as any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Shark trying to get the Maer vote this hard is super weird. Why are you selling it directly to her? You not trying to get me to vote cube when you have said you are not sure if it's Me Cube or Maer cube is odd.