Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I got fresh coffee and some crullers (and napkins). We're here till we see something, or dawn.

Got another car at the back, another up the street. 3 sets of eyes on the target.

We radio in every 30 minutes, got it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

fell asleep

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
I dunno why Bob, but in fiction, stake-outs are always the worst-represented parts of our jobs. Realistically, we spend hours and hours waiting, and all of that gets compressed into two whole sentences before--

there's the suspect, after him!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Radio noise
Kaplansky, report

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Takes a bite of cruller

databasic
Jan 8, 2024
Cant wait till halfway through the night when we let our emotional guards down and talk about the dreams we used to have (and maybe could still achieve one day) :)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
*thoughtlessly places a full bottle of urine next to your half drunk coke

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

databasic posted:

Cant wait till halfway through the night when we let our emotional guards down and talk about the dreams we used to have (and maybe could still achieve one day) :)

Our Dads, right?

OK. Lets just accept that as a starting point and work from there.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Shh, they're coming out now. Oh my god. Do you see those pants he's wearing? He's going to a $10m coke deal wearing those?

*rolls down the window

NICE PANTS, JACKASS!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
*turns on the siren every five minutes to see if it still works*

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Close your eyes for a bit, Steve. I intend to gently caress this donut

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Can I play my mix tape? It's all the best songs I could find from my dad's collection. Can we get McDonald's? I don't want crullers, I want a burrrrger!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Remember, we're looking for the Spaghetti's and associates.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Can I play my mix tape? It's all the best songs I could find from my dad's collection. Can we get McDonald's? I don't want crullers, I want a burrrrger!

That's between you and your detective.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

redshirt posted:

That's between you and your detective.

I am the detective chief!

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
pop the heater on, I need to warm up this haddock

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I am the detective chief!

Grow a fuckin spine Kowalski

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
*talking to his partner in the car further back

I just don't understand why the chief would be on a stakeout?

Uh, him and the detective have a thing going. This is the only way they spend time together without their wives finding out.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQcb-qHi6RA

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Setting the hotspot SSID to FBI Surveillance Van #69

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'll have the dry-aged ribeye, medium rare, and a baked potato with all the fixins

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Hey, let me tell you about my movie script I'm trying to sell: It's called "Staking". It's about some cops who are staking out a suspected serial killer. Well, but it's set in a world where we've never heard the word 'vampire' before, so we don't call them vampires, and our suspect is this old German guy who has been hunting those 'hemovores' and we end up helping him kill one.

So, no, he's not doing anything is he? Okay, good, I want to finish telling you this.

Anyway, we go rogue, I mean, the cops end up going rogue and helping the German guy and his granddaughter hunt down a pack of hemovores operating who are the REAL serial killers! Story ends with them still being cops but also secretly tracking down vampires who are still at large.

I've been writing it with us in mind, you know. We just sit back and watch on these late night stake outs that it'd be more interesting if we were like staking out monsters or UFOs or something and that helps me get through the evenings of boredom.

God, I can't get the thought out of my head that we're going to burst in on that sonovabitch over there and I get to shove a stake through his heart. Wouldn't that be cool if it happened.

Here, let me show you my drawings I made of what hemovores look like when they're in attack mode.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

redshirt posted:

Grow a fuckin spine Kowalski

I thought Kowalski died when a gate closed on his head

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

this is getting boring and i am getting horney

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

humming the tune of Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand

Doo doo duh duh doo doo doo

C'mooooon...

stake me out!

Hercules Caligula
Feb 17, 2007
Big pile of peanut shells outside the door

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

*Is actually a shopwindow dummy left here by the real detective who is instead now giving it to your wife.*

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

medium rare please

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We used to have a regional steak delivery place called steak out which i thought was reasonably clever for a pun restaurant name

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
*flashing the headlights, brights and blinkers in time with the radio*

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Mitchells on the corner.

Mitchell!

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head
Earlier this month, someone called in a fake crime so I drove away and the witness' house I was protecting was somehow burned down with them inside. I got a week off for having to deal with that trauma, but I might sue the department for the PTSD it caused me.

Tonight, I was immediately stabbed by Ghostface when I responded to a call about a high school party.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Szyznyk posted:

Mitchells on the corner.

Mitchell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8kUgHsKWJc

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You just pissed like 10 minutes ago!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i tell ya boss this stake out has gone on for so long it's well done by now. get it? "steak" out? well done? get it? huh?

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012
Two days until retirement, and I'm stuck in a car with the biggest loose cannon on the force! Sigh. OK, I'm just going to step out for a lottery ticket, and maybe a little present for my wife and 14 kids.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'll have mine well-done

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Um getting too old for this poo poo, *pisses out the back door of an exterminator van.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Where da vampires at
Imma get em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
are we there yet? I gotta use the bathroom