Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which hot young prospect will be the next Heavyweight champion?
Shamil Gaziev
Jailton Almeida
Austen Lane
Chase Sherman
View Results

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CarlCX posted:

reject modernity, embrace tradition

20% of the way to Oildome :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Did he say he was knocked out and woke up during the fight?

Kind of yeah, he said he didn't see the punch and remembers himself trying to maintain distance and next thing he knows he's going for a takedown. I think our standard for "knocked out" ends up being based on actual function ability in the moment, but if we had a reliable way to check if memories didn't form for some short burst of time during a fight, we'd find it all over the place.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh that makes way more sense, the way I heard it I thought he was saying he was completely out and managed to wake up before the ref had a chance to call it or something!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Can't believe Perez's streak is over. :smith:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Can't believe Perez's streak is over. :smith:

his streak of what?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Brut posted:

his streak of what?

CarlCX posted:

Let me be crystal clear, here: No fighter should fight when it's medically inadvisable. No fighter should come out and fight if they can't do it. I am in no way saying Alex Perez is at fault for his bodily issues. I am saying Alex Perez has fought once out of ten attempts at fight booking in the last 40 months. His success:failure ratio is 1:9. That is the point at which the universe is sending you a message.

I hope Alex Perez makes it to the cage. I hope his cagewalk is not interrupted by an alien abduction. I hope security does not mistakenly lead him to a mineshaft that takes him down to the den of the Morlocks where he is forced to spend the next three years fighting in a civil war across time itself.

He made it to the octagon and he's fighting!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

He made it to the octagon and he's fighting!

Oh that streak was only at 3, figured you meant something else

Now he has a new 3 streak (it is losses)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eject this division into the sun. Trade it to ONE in exchange for Xiong Jing Nan. Donate it to Rizin as a gesture of good will. Donate it TO the good will.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

this main card has been very stinky

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I think it was fine until this fight

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaziev just ran face first into the cage :lol:

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's time to make heavyweight main events illegal

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dana White on a video call with Mohammed bin Salman saying,"Just think, you could have had THIS but you didn't have the vision to see what I was offering."

coathat
May 21, 2007

At least we've got the vanilla gorilla fighting later tonight https://gamebredbareknuckle.com/events/gamebred-bkmma-7/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So Gaziev told his corner he couldn't see, his corner sent him out anyway, and the ref called that out as bullshit and ended the fight? Good ref.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

No nonsense Marc Goddard

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Heavyweights.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

thank you marc. i was done with that poo poo too

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

coathat posted:

It's time to make heavyweight main events illegal

harsh but fair :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

coathat posted:

At least we've got the vanilla gorilla fighting later tonight https://gamebredbareknuckle.com/events/gamebred-bkmma-7/

https://kick.com/gamebredbkmma

Performance has been pretty terrible for me during these initial talking heads poo poo

Edit: I might not be able to watch. I have been informed that Robin Black and Brandon Schaub are the commentators.

Edit2: Krazy horse last won an mma fight in 2016. since then he has lost 15 in mma. and all 3 bkfc fights he was in. Just lost in gamebred mma.

ccubed fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 3, 2024