Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which hot young prospect will be the next Heavyweight champion?
Shamil Gaziev
Jailton Almeida
Austen Lane
Chase Sherman
View Results

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Oh what the gently caress this card is early, my 4pm saturday thing got pushed early to 1:30 so I didn't even bother to check the overlap, apparently the card started at the same time? hahahah, gently caress.

What's been good so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Does Bisping know the creator of Judo lived to see world war 2, and was not alive thousands of years ago?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
holy poo poo that's like top 5 done-on-the-stool i can remember seeing, including fighters explicitly saying they are done

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
I don't think we'll ever see corners do the right thing on a regular basis but yeah, they should not have let him go out there, he could barely stand.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

CarlCX posted:

Klein/Cunningham was a fun but short beating, Zahabi/Basharat was Actually Good, and don't worry, you didn't miss Eryk Anders.

I don't know if I care much about Anders without Buffer there to yell Ya Boi (or a crowd to hear it)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Here's something fun for you while we wait, who's record is this:

(He also fought a few times in 2023 but I'm deliberately not including that)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brut fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 2, 2024

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

CarlCX posted:

is it cheating if I answer these

lol kinda? dont be quick i guess, or not i'm not your dad.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Meanwhile somewhere else mr finland is not doing well:

https://twitter.com/OktagonOfficial/status/1764041749888934302

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
pretty wild that the corner instruction to this day is just "execute father's plan" and it just works

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

CarlCX posted:

i'm glad the #13 bantamweight in the world can, in fact, outgrapple a guy whose primary experience comes from a subsport of MMA that fights on top of rugs and orders mandatory standups after 30 seconds on the ground

I think those rugs are there so that it is less slippery when it rains.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Jerusalem posted:

Did he say he was knocked out and woke up during the fight?

Kind of yeah, he said he didn't see the punch and remembers himself trying to maintain distance and next thing he knows he's going for a takedown. I think our standard for "knocked out" ends up being based on actual function ability in the moment, but if we had a reliable way to check if memories didn't form for some short burst of time during a fight, we'd find it all over the place.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Jerusalem posted:

Can't believe Perez's streak is over. :smith:

his streak of what?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Jerusalem posted:

He made it to the octagon and he's fighting!

Oh that streak was only at 3, figured you meant something else

Now he has a new 3 streak (it is losses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
I think it was fine until this fight