Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

temple posted:

My last post about the celtics for a while.

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1785851283452150110

So proud to be alive to see humanity's understanding of hair theory (and also the cosmos I guess) grow and grow.

I still think it would be nice if the Celtics threw in an extra pick after the fact for Derrick, esp if they (god forbid) win the chip. Maybe the Spurs can ask nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I can’t wait for d white to get paid so the Celtics can stop having an all nba first team player for free

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

temple posted:

i think this pretty much proves the theory. is he gonna have a 60/50/90 playoffs?

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 2, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

nachos posted:

I can’t wait for d white to get paid so the Celtics can stop having an all nba first team player for free

hes not even one of the top 100 players in the nba, actually

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Also I am going to forcibly convert him to Buddhism so he renounces all desire for material wealth.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
From poking through basketball reference, since it expanded to 4 teams in '67, the western conference semifinals has only had one season ('94) in which there wasn't a west coast team, and none where zero teams were in the pacific time zone. If the Mavs finish off the Clippers, this will be the first.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

When the NBA expands to Seattle and Vegas, I’m really curious which western conference team will
Move to the east, Memphis and Minnesota are the only real options

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

solarjetman posted:

From poking through basketball reference, since it expanded to 4 teams in '67, the western conference semifinals has only had one season ('94) in which there wasn't a west coast team, and none where zero teams were in the pacific time zone. If the Mavs finish off the Clippers, this will be the first.

I noticed that, it of a scheduling headache. If The Cavs and Mavs advance it'll be 5 central time teams, 2 eastern and 1 mountain.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

When the NBA expands to Seattle and Vegas, I’m really curious which western conference team will

It really should be Minnesota so we can play Milwaukee, Chicago and Detroit in division. The Southwest division isn't great but it makes way more sense than Minnesota being with Portland, OKC and Utah.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Paul Zuvella posted:

New Orleans too

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Does anybody know where the original Hair Theory video is? Can’t seem to find it anywhere

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm going to laugh when Vegas has three teams and the As are playing in a little league stadium in Sacramento forever

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Luka's officially managed to play himself into shape (for him), so I'm officially calling it: we are having a Hot Luka Spring

Also, I love the playoff beard, it hides the double-chin and brings out his eyes :sparkles:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

temple posted:

I would argue that hair can unleash basketballing power, but it needs to be BIG hair. Plentiful hair. We saw this in the 70's and 80's when mighty afros towered over the landscape.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

tanglewood1420 posted:

He's actually in space in that movie and keeps tidying it up because he's the only one there

It’s his dying dream as he ODs on heroin in a bathroom. The clues are all there

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 2, 2024

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Lord God in heaven blessed be your plan
please let the Knicks and thibs beat
the weird guy who keeps watching
The Town and probably that one movie
about Matt Damon being a genius janitor

amen :pray:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

It really should be Minnesota so we can play Milwaukee, Chicago and Detroit in division. The Southwest division isn't great but it makes way more sense than Minnesota being with Portland, OKC and Utah.

I would like this so I can see the Celtics at the Target Center more than once a year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/status/1786043172264788479

Steph Curry is seething rn

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

DeimosRising posted:

It’s his dying dream as he ODs on heroin in a bathroom. The clues are all there

Wait, are we still talking about good will hunting?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://x.com/ccfc_76/status/1786062056283676725

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1786062007361315231

This means they're playing

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
I guess we'll find out soon enough, but I'd be pretty surprised if Giannis plays. They mentioned during Sunday's game that he had just started running without assistance again that day, seems like a quick turnaround to go from that to a playoff game in 4 days. But he is a superhuman so who knows

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Giannis must need a new roid guy. What happened to the guy whose leg fell off and then played in the finals. Has he hip drop tackled so many defenders that his body is finally ruined?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Playoff James Harden Is Regular Season D'Angelo Russell

The 2023-24 Los Angeles Clippers:
James Harden - Ride or Die
Kawhi Leonard - Die, or Ride
Paul George - Ride and/or Die
Russell Westbrook - Ride and Die

This season has been like reading a Stephen King book. The experience is always tainted by knowing how bad the end is going to be. I'm ready. I'm ready to let go. Let me go.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

OzFactor posted:

Playoff James Harden Is Regular Season D'Angelo Russell

The 2023-24 Los Angeles Clippers:
James Harden - Ride or Die
Kawhi Leonard - Die, or Ride
Paul George - Ride and/or Die
Russell Westbrook - Ride and Die

This season has been like reading a Stephen King book. The experience is always tainted by knowing how bad the end is going to be. I'm ready. I'm ready to let go. Let me go.

I just spent 47 hours listening to The Stand and ... yeah.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Jaden Hardy scored 14 points in 6 minutes. Westbrook and Harden played 49 minutes and combined for 13 points. lol

Hope Luka's knee gets better soon.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Looking at Westbrook and Hardens scoring lines from last night is hilarious

2/12 in 33 min
2/11 in 16 min

What's better?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

They made up for it on defense though right

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Reflecting on the Clippers Mavs games.

The series may have flipped when Tim Hardaway Jr. went down. This caused Derrick Jones Jr.'s minutes to roughly double. Since that happened, he has had a good series on offense and defense.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
norman powell deserves to be on a team with basketball players

somebody save norman

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Giggs posted:

norman powell deserves to be on a team with basketball players

somebody save norman

Proven championship winner, someone give him a max and have him lead them to the finals!!!!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I was not expecting the Celtics to be the first eastern conference team to advance after that Heat game 2 but :shrug:

Still can’t get over the Knicks not fouling at the end of regulation lol

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

piratepilates posted:

Proven championship winner, someone give him a max and have him lead them to the finals!!!!
One of the suns/clips games last playoffs devin booker was dancing and hopping around and laughing with KD because they had some big-rear end lead and Norman Powell almost achieved a comeback single-handedly. I would have laughed until I died.

In a way, Norman saved my life!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bellmaker posted:

I was not expecting the Celtics to be the first eastern conference team to advance after that Heat game 2 but :shrug:

Fouling up 3 is technically correct but spiritually necrotic. The final play to get up a 3 to tie is one of the purest expressions of basketball and anything that deprives us of that should be disincentivized as strongly as possible, either through rules or through the social contract.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

I think the replay shows Thibs shouting it out to be done, but had a narrow window of opportunity to get it done.

You win some you lose some, that's life. Karma for the sixers blundering game 2 I guess.

https://twitter.com/FlyByKnite/status/1785888224961090023

:sickos:

perfect way to close it out clips

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

piratepilates posted:

I think the replay shows Thibs shouting it out to be done, but had a narrow window of opportunity to get it done.

You win some you lose some, that's life. Karma for the sixers blundering game 2 I guess.

Yeah you have to be careful not to get a shooting foul on the take foul so you have to wait until they can't possibly get their arms up for a shot to do it which can be very difficult with only a few seconds left against a guy in motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

There was also a ton of time left on the clock. Fouling someone with 12 or 13 seconds doesn't really help you and it opens up a situation where they have the ball only down 2 with like 6 seconds left which is even worse. Maxey put up that shot way behind the line too. In a vacuum I'd rather have someone take that shot to tie than start the foul-back-and-forth game up 3 with that much time left. But whelp.