Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Loving the 76 fans grasping at straws for why they blew a 5 point lead with 45 seconds left 😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

magic is going off
https://x.com/MagicJohnson/status/1782803652228633029

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

You can tell he's rattled because he didn't tell us how many points anyone scored.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Scathing

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

drat

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

magic throwing shade on lebron for complaining about the refs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What Nick Nurse did was me at a Best Buy thinking about impulse buying the last on sale item on the shelf and someone coming along and grabbing it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

RCarr posted:

Loving the 76 fans grasping at straws for why they blew a 5 point lead with 45 seconds left 😂

1. Reggie Miller kicked his leg out on the first three (offensive foul)
2. blatantly shoves Greg Anthony to the ground for his "steal"
3. Sam Mitchell commits an egregious lane violation on the second John Starks free throw, should've had a re-do
4. too many Pacers fouls on Knicks to even count but Ewing gets the rebound anyway
5. Ewing got pushed in the back as he was shooting
6. Reggie Miller swings his elbows around when he gets the rebound, could have been a flagrant
7. phantom foul called against the Knicks instead to send Reggie to the line instead of a turnover

Totally rigged

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Earvin Johnson sends his regards.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
He was going for the ultimate kobe tribute: missing a game winning stepback to put him at 8/24. but he hosed up and did not properly copy his idol.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

everybody loves dumb trivia. the players who has fallen down the most times in these playoffs (play-ins not included) are maxey and brunson, 16 times each. here's an edit of brunson falling down a bunch of times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRqwG7E40kU

on a per minute basis, booker has fallen down the most times, 9 times in 38 minutes.

if you're wondering which team fell down the most during the whole season, and who isn't, it was dallas at 16.7 falls/48, followed closely by OKC at 16.2 and GSW at 16.1. The fewest falls was the nuggets at 8.6 falls/48, followed by boston at 9.6.

the fall kings during the regular season were lamelo at 7.3 falls/48 and rozier at 7.1

edit lol this site has "average fall duration" metric, I have to be the only person in the world looking at this stat. kevin huerter leads the league by spending an average of 5.8 seconds on the floor after a fall. brunson has spent a total of 37 minutes and 8 seconds on the floor following a fall this season.

I appreciate the new red rocket kevin heuerteur getting some rest after those falls

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lakers should follow their playbook from Game 2, that game was a coin toss which I think is about the best LA can hope for against this Denver squad.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lockback posted:

Lakers should follow their playbook from Game 2, that game was a coin toss which I think is about the best LA can hope for against this Denver squad.

You would have to think that this would work out better for them in LA too, the Denver altitude seemed to be really getting to them.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Lockback posted:

Does AD have another dominant game in him?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

soggybagel posted:

Even if he does I doubt DLo has another 7/11 from 3 game in him

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://x.com/bananaphant/status/1782634172923699392

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

soggybagel posted:

Yes. If he doesn't the lakers are cooked regardless.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1782803372908896299

oh no

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol from the athletic players poll

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
5.2% of the league are bums and shouldn't be here, based on the votes cast for Pop.

Can't say I blame the 5.2% for Nick Nurse tho.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Maxey (with the flu) - 35 pts
Embiid (with one knee) - 34 pts
Everyone else combined - 32 pts

this loving team

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

Nobody wants to work anymore

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Brutal

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Memnaelar posted:

5.2% of the league are bums and shouldn't be here, based on the votes cast for Pop.

Can't say I blame the 5.2% for Nick Nurse tho.

What percent of the league used to play for pop? At least Kawhi and Dejounte have expressed not wanting to go back.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Yea but demar loves him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how many of these so-called tough coaches needed a player-led Leadership Council to deal with him?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lakers don’t necessarily need AD to score as much or more. They don’t really need more from LeBron either. They need well balanced scoring more. They win a lot more when one of those two have a bad or average (for them) game than they do when two of Rui/Russell/Reaves have a bad one, where they often lose no matter how well AD and LeBron play.

LeBron clearly doesn’t have the energy to run AD P&R action all night so being able to get something from several other spots leaves that as something they can still do late in games as opposed to exhausted ISOs.

The Glumslinger posted:

The worst part of the Lakers Nuggets game was only getting to listen to the last few minutes via radio and it was the nuggets broadcast who spent the entire time not saying time or score or even the action, just complaining about the refs and then with a minute left going "oh hey, the nuggets have actually taken more free throws which is amazing since they're actually playing 8 on 5"

They are one of the worst audio teams out there and clearly would rather be talking about hockey or football and just seem to have no clue what is going on other than ref whining.

Unfortunately it’s not much better on the Lakers end as it’s like listening to r/lakers and Mychal Thompson of all people has to be the voice of reason so now barely talks.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

how many of these so-called tough coaches needed a player-led Leadership Council to deal with him?

Proposal: make the coaches all so bad that the players invent anarcho-syndicalism to deal with them.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

FistEnergy posted:

I would like the Lakers to win a few games please

No

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The hornets should hire the Jokic bros as their new coach. Definitely toughen up the players.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shear Modulus posted:

The knicks players legitimately seem to like him......

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

The knicks players legitimately seem to like him......

He also has tons of guys who follow him when he does switch teams. You have to pick someone so I think he's just an easy pick if you don't have any other beef.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think a lot of bench players probably wouldn't want to play for a thibs team because they could be worried they'd never get playing time

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The conspiracy about the dark secrets of the Spurs locker room lives on.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rick posted:

Lakers don’t necessarily need AD to score as much or more. They don’t really need more from LeBron either. They need well balanced scoring more. They win a lot more when one of those two have a bad or average (for them) game than they do when two of Rui/Russell/Reaves have a bad one, where they often lose no matter how well AD and LeBron play.

LeBron clearly doesn’t have the energy to run AD P&R action all night so being able to get something from several other spots leaves that as something they can still do late in games as opposed to exhausted ISOs.
I think you're dead on, and I'll elaborate a couple things
  • LeBron needs to acknowledge he's not 27 any more, and he can't run every possession in the first half while also playing ~40 minutes including good defense. Especially in Denver's altitude, last playoffs and this one he's exhausted himself to the point where he looks like he can barely stand at the end of games. He's gotta get Reaves and DLo to run more PNR in the first half to give himself just a little bit of a breather. The Murray shot took away from the fact that LeBron actually played out of his mind at the end of the game
  • sorry if this is too Lakers twitter or r/Lakers of a take, but it really is a fact that they stop running good offense and go into ISOball the closer the game gets to the end. I dunno if this is individual players freelancing, the coaching staff genuinely thinking it's a good idea, or fatigue, but it clearly clearly clearly falls flat to Denver's defense, who locks down late in games. They don't seem to have a go-to play that can get Davis the ball in one of his spots through AG and Jokic's ball denial. It's not exactly true that they're not trying- they are, Denver is doing a good job denying- but that shouldn't be unsolvable to the point that AD doesn't make a shot after early in the 3rd quarter. Denver never runs into the issue that they can't get the ball in Jokic's hands at the end of games, the Lakers should be able to get it to AD.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/derekbodnernba/status/1782876854740734440?s=46
welp.

Papercut posted:

Wow that's a lot wrong surely they will be replaying that final 27 seconds?

:smith:

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 23, 2024

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Wow that's a lot wrong surely they will be replaying that final 27 seconds?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Why would you ever want to be an nba ref?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

toggle posted:

Why would you ever want to be an nba ref?

I ask a similar question at my 2nd grader's soccer games every weekend. Some people are just built different.