Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

OzFactor posted:

I said it before and I'll say it again that Ed O'Neill is pretty great casting here. But I think the story is interesting enough without needing to make Doc the hero
I'm looking forward to the climactic fight scene out in the street where Doc wins by throwing someone straight under a bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I want the ending of the series to be Doc Rivers talking to a detective at an airport waiting room while Hurdy Gurdy Man plays.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i've got a leaked section of the script of the courtroom scene

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shear Modulus posted:

i've got a leaked section of the script of the courtroom scene

I reference this multiple times a year and it's great every time.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Seams posted:

why are the suns so bad

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Suns are so cooked man. What a weird and unpleasant to watch season this ended up being. Vogel is for sure gone, wouldn’t be surprised if they try to move Durant too. Just unwatchable slop ball

The team is basically Durant/Booker and almost everyone else is new. Their 32% RC% is really showing. That's the lowest RC% of any team this year and also the lowest in Suns history.

WhyteRyce posted:

Which scene from The Town is Mazulla going to make them watch tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfQuSNQUvVQ

The Maestro posted:

IMO the player leading the league in points as the 6th man, assists as the 6th man, clutch points as the 6th man, 2nd among all players in assists created off of drives (as the 6th man), most FGM as the 6th man, most 3PM as the 6th man, most 20-point games as the 6th man, and most 25-point games as the 6th man is the obvious 6th Man of the Year.

The player who had the highest GmSc but started less than half the season: Joel Hans Embiid :wow:.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Matt Barnes Battles Opossum in His Kitchen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VabeVod0LdE

morestuff posted:

• Taylor should technically already be a minority owner under the terms of the sale but he bought additional shares from a minority owner to bump back up his %.

Crooked billionaire strategies.

dokmo posted:

The fewest falls was the nuggets at 8.6 falls/48, followed by boston at 9.6.

Perhaps the championship preview.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

These six voters guessed the eight EC playoff teams correctly this year:

-Rodan
-Strawberry Panda
-Jack's Flow
-rivetz
-FakePoet
-Dayvan Cowboy

No one selected the correct eight WC playoff teams. The Warriors were on 93% of the ballots and the Grizzlies were on 75% of the ballots. So that torpedoed almost everyone.

Red Rox posted:

Wait, so Jokic is being paid to dress like Gru to promote Despicable Me 4, and he is in the middle of owning the Lakers, who are dressed in yellow...gently caress is it all marketing?

You just put on the glasses from They Live (1988).

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

LAKERS

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT

https://i.imgur.com/wKJFABz.mp4

LETS GO :letsgo: :letsgo: :letsgo:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

WRT the Lakers the elephant in the room is that LBJ is 39 years old. For all the haters out there it's important to remember that MJJ at age 39 hadn't played a minute of playoff basketball in five years and his favorite pastime had become screaming at Kwame Brown.

I just realized they're never going to do one of these for the Bulls while Reinsdorf owns the team.

Papes posted:

I think the person who does all of those things as the 7th man should actually win it

Congratulations to the 15th man of the year: Adama Sanogo

It was a close race between him and Onuralp Bitim. He wins 16th MOTY so all is not lost.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 26, 2024

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Zogo posted:

WRT the Lakers the elephant in the room is that LBJ is 39 years old. For all the haters out there it's important to remember that MJJ at age 39 hadn't played a minute of playoff basketball in five years and his favorite pastime had become screaming at Kwame Brown.

Honestly it's fascinating that the narrative of the series is 'the #2 seed, the defending champions, who have won this matchup the past 9 times... are up 2-0, but also this is because the #7 seed isn't playing well enough, they need to tighten up' like that's not the normal run of things. Surely the fact that your #7 is competitive is a good thing, right?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Zogo posted:

These six voters guessed the eight EC playoff teams correctly this year:

-Rodan
-Strawberry Panda
-Jack's Flow
-rivetz
-FakePoet
-Dayvan Cowboy

No one selected the correct eight WC playoff teams. The Warriors were on 93% of the ballots and the Grizzlies were on 75% of the ballots. So that torpedoed almost everyone.

if i can ask, how many ballots were missing the pelicans and how many were missing the timberwolves

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1783633049504150001

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I've been tabulating most of the preseason poll results up to this point. evil_cheese has the clear lead right now:

code:
SA user name:		Sum (25 is highest possible so far)
evil_cheese		21
Strawberry Panda	19
FakePoet		19
fuckplaneoq		19
DeimosRising		19
Rodan			19
Paul Zuvella		19
Harry Lime		19
de curry goat		19
Tokyo Sex Whale		19
Strawberry Panda correctly guessed fifteen of the sixteen playoff teams. But the Grizzlies spoiled it.

monkeu is in second to last place with thirteen points.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

It’s a totally real award

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Shaq trolling Steph asking what he’s doing with all his free time after winning this dumb award is hilarious

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

if i can ask, how many ballots were missing the pelicans and how many were missing the timberwolves

Here is the full playoff voting:

code:
Select the eight Eastern Conference playoff teams:

Votes	Percentage
Celtics		142	100.0%
Bucks		141	 99.3%
Heat		135	 95.1%
76ers		134	 94.4%
Cavaliers	132	 93.0%
Knicks		128	 90.1%
Hawks		 76	 53.5%
Pacers		 61	 43.0%
Raptors		 55	 38.7%
Magic		 49	 34.5%
Nets		 36	 25.4%
Bulls		 22	 15.5%
Hornets		 12	  8.5%
Pistons		  8	  5.6%
Wizards		  5	  3.5%

Select the eight Western Conference playoff teams:

Votes	Percentage
Nuggets		141	99.3%
Suns		135	95.1%
Warriors	132	93.0%
Lakers		124	87.3%
Kings		113	79.6%
Grizzlies	106	74.6%
Thunder		 90	63.4%
Clippers	 80	56.3%
Timberwolves	 80	56.3%
Mavericks	 71	50.0%
Pelicans	 41	28.9%
Jazz		 11	 7.7%
Spurs		  7	 4.9%
Trail Blazers	  3	 2.1%
Rockets		  2	 1.4%

Torchlighter posted:

Honestly it's fascinating that the narrative of the series is 'the #2 seed, the defending champions, who have won this matchup the past 9 times... are up 2-0, but also this is because the #7 seed isn't playing well enough, they need to tighten up' like that's not the normal run of things. Surely the fact that your #7 is competitive is a good thing, right?

It reminds me of when many were upset that the Bulls couldn't defeat LBJ. As if Kirk Hinrich could just decide to shut him down.

Jordan fans would've been ecstatic if he was close to defeating prime KG, prime Duncan and prime Shaq in the early 2000s.

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Zogo posted:

I've been tabulating most of the preseason poll results up to this point. evil_cheese has the clear lead right now:

code:
SA user name:		Sum (25 is highest possible so far)
evil_cheese		21
Strawberry Panda	19
FakePoet		19
fuckplaneoq		19
DeimosRising		19
Rodan			19
Paul Zuvella		19
Harry Lime		19
de curry goat		19
Tokyo Sex Whale		19
Strawberry Panda correctly guessed fifteen of the sixteen playoff teams. But the Grizzlies spoiled it.

monkeu is in second to last place with thirteen points.

It's been a rough 3 or so years but i feel pretty good about my perdictions this year. :hai:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You'd think the clutch player of the year wouldn't choke the season away

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Metapod posted:

Fair but hard to avoid when it's your team choking you.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Steph has had the most expensive supporting cast in the last 5 seasons and missed the playoffs 3 out of 5 times. He's also subbed out on some defensive possessions in the clutch. It isn't just his team.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Metapod posted:

Once again proving the pandering by judges, shameful how they pick Steph Curry over Klay Thompson keeping the season alive for the kings.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

Steph has had the most expensive supporting cast in the last 5 seasons and missed the playoffs 3 out of 5 times. He's also subbed out on some defensive possessions in the clutch. It isn't just his team.

The bulk of that money was Wiggins turning back into a pumpkin when he got paid, Klay remembering he broke his ACL and Achilles and Dray being Dray. That's 100MM of the 110MM cap that isn't really working

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Giggs posted:

at the start of every t-wolves game I've ever seen I re-remember 'oh right prince from minnesota'

so it would appear i have. :smug:
flagrant and frankly unconstitutional display of Hüsker Dü erasure here

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Counterpoint: Naz Reid.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Metapod posted:

Draymond is the one who literally choked the season away

ButteryNoodles
Jul 18, 2006
Deliciously satisfactory.

rivetz posted:

flagrant and frankly unconstitutional display of Hüsker Dü erasure here

Maybe when Bob Mould dies and gets his own crappy mural, people will remember. Until then the closest thing we have to repping MN on the sidelines is the occasional appearance of Jimmy Jam.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

kingcobweb posted:

I'm looking forward to the climactic fight scene out in the street where Doc wins by throwing someone straight under a bus.

I want to see who they bring in to play Josh Smith as he proceeds to drill a bunch of 3s to completely end Lob City, and then when they get him the next year he's completely busted.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://streamable.com/d1vnru

I don't understand how this is only a flagrant 1

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Clearly Embiid is also struggling with mental health :(

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Tae posted:

me when i see them not calling it a flagrant 2

https://twitter.com/BRICKW0RLD/status/1783650800549670990

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Isentropy posted:

The bulk of that money was Wiggins turning back into a pumpkin when he got paid, Klay remembering he broke his ACL and Achilles and Dray being Dray. That's 100MM of the 110MM cap that isn't really working

I feel like Wiggins should get some slack for this season with whatever is going on with his family. Wiggins' brother left his team to help with whatever the issue is.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Pulling on Robinson's legs, kicking him in the balls, kneeing Hartenstein in the balls, all in the same half?

Hope his bitchmade rear end never sniffs the second round for the rest of his career.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

give his mvp award to jokic

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

he just wants it more

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Tae posted:

Philly crowd might have legit revolted if refs ejected Embiid

Manstrocity
Apr 28, 2009

Zogo posted:

Matt Barnes Battles Opossum in His Kitchen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VabeVod0LdE

Dishonorable possum to not meet on the neutral ground of Temecula, imo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

anakha posted:

Pulling on Robinson's legs, kicking him in the balls, kneeing Hartenstein in the balls, all in the same half?

Hope his bitchmade rear end never sniffs the second round for the rest of his career.

He should've been kicked out of the game.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Been out tonight, Cavs???

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

anakha posted:

The kick to the balls has gotten people called all year. Even ones way less blatant and clearly inadvertent have been called this year. gently caress Embiid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Somehow, this was a no-call.