Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

temple posted:

That was coming from an old man thats losing.

Let the old man on the #7 seed team lose to the defending champions and the previous MVP/current MVP frontrunner in peace. What's the worst that could happen, they somehow trade into a worse team next season and Lebron and AD physically turn to dust getting their team to the playoffs only to end up against the Nuggets again?!

(Please let this happen, I want to witness the unhinged posting from Lakers fans/haters when they go like 0-16 in a row against the Nuggets.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

drat got the early hoops and the triple header tonight, blessed

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

He was eating chocolate during the team’s huddle https://streamable.com/trd3s8

mmm rittersport chocolate for pro athletes

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

kingcobweb posted:

He was eating chocolate during the team’s huddle https://streamable.com/trd3s8

good for him

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
DLo finishes a game on 0/7 and immediately texts his agent that he's outta there before the series is even over. Absolute king

https://twitter.com/thedunkcentral/status/1783848615741399197

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

kingcobweb posted:

DLo finishes a game on 0/7 and immediately texts his agent that he's outta there before the series is even over. Absolute king

https://twitter.com/thedunkcentral/status/1783848615741399197

hmmmmmm, lakers need a point guard, bronny.....is a point guard :hmmyes: ......something's cooking here

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
He'll be back.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

He has a condition that makes him medically unable to win in the playoffs: Chris Palsy

lol so dumb. Love it

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I wish the Thunder had better uniforms, would make it easier to root for them.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Lakers are now positioned to steal the series. All part of the plan.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Has anyone checked on magic johnson?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron told dlo hes leaving for minnesota to mentor young anthony

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

lebron told dlo hes leaving for minnesota to mentor young anthony

Nope he's constantly giving okc their flowers hes coming

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

I wish the Thunder had better uniforms, would make it easier to root for them.

They'd be easier to root for if they didn't have a stadium-wide Christian prayer before every game

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

giddey for LeBron and jarred vanderbilt, done and done

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

giddey for LeBron and jarred vanderbilt, done and done

🤝 we'll add a first for your troubles

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Metapod posted:

If the Thunder want to give the Lakers 50 million in assets in a sign and trade go ahead.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Papercut posted:

They'd be easier to root for if they didn't have a stadium-wide Christian prayer before every game

Wait what

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Papercut posted:

Wait until you find out that 29 teams have someone perform the national anthem of a terroristic imperial nation before every single game

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

big boi posted:

Kneeing people in the nuts and grabbing their ankles from a supine position isn't basketball, hth

I remember Dennis Rodman.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Panzeh posted:

I remember Dennis Rodman.

when Rodman did it, the other guys deserved it IMO

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Wait until you find out that 29 teams have someone perform the national anthem of a terroristic imperial nation before every single game

canadians don't do their anthem?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

when Rodman did it, the other guys deserved it IMO

especially Karl Malone

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Lakers are now positioned to steal the series. All part of the plan.

7-0 moral victories

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Sincerepost I think that teams building chemistry/longevity in a core is so underrated by incredibly impatient fanbases and front offices. Denver wouldn't be where they are if they didn't keep the same core, with the same coach, for years and years despite fans constantly yelling to fire Malone and the FO having the opportunity to eg trade Jamal Murray for Kyrie.

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/1783744492862120337

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

kingcobweb posted:

Sincerepost I think that teams building chemistry/longevity in a core is so underrated by incredibly impatient fanbases and front offices. Denver wouldn't be where they are if they didn't keep the same core, with the same coach, for years and years despite fans constantly yelling to fire Malone and the FO having the opportunity to eg trade Jamal Murray for Kyrie.

It bears out in the numbers. It's pretty rare a completely new team wins the championship, it's even rare for one to make a deep playoff run. You can bring in like 1 new starter but past that it creates a real headwind.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Goons being weird about the invocations before Thunder games is hilarious. They're the most milquetoast of prayers, "let everybody get home safe tonight and have a good time," last about 10 seconds. Don't want to join along by bowing your head and clasping your hands? That's fine, literally no one gives a poo poo. Some folks pretending they're giving a CHRISTIAN fire-and-brimstone sermon from the court. There's plenty of things to hate the Thunder for, you don't need to look like some fedora-wearing FSM dumbass.

Standing at attention and putting your hand over your heart for the Star-Spangled Banner is much, much weirder than the invocation, but no one talks about that because we're all acculturated to it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

It seems like every owner/franchise is in either "win now" mode and a single bad year is cause to fire a coach and make expensive trades for some kind of Big 2/3, or they are in perma-tank mode.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Judgy Fucker posted:

Goons being weird about the invocations before Thunder games is hilarious. They're the most milquetoast of prayers, "let everybody get home safe tonight and have a good time," last about 10 seconds. Don't want to join along by bowing your head and clasping your hands? That's fine, literally no one gives a poo poo. Some folks pretending they're giving a CHRISTIAN fire-and-brimstone sermon from the court. There's plenty of things to hate the Thunder for, you don't need to look like some fedora-wearing FSM dumbass.

Standing at attention and putting your hand over your heart for the Star-Spangled Banner is much, much weirder than the invocation, but no one talks about that because we're all acculturated to it.

killer username/post combo

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

RCarr posted:

Wait what

https://www.tiktok.com/@fr.dannygrover/video/7205812811371449643

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

pentyne posted:

It seems like every owner/franchise is in either "win now" mode and a single bad year is cause to fire a coach and make expensive trades for some kind of Big 2/3, or they are in perma-tank mode.

In a way this is both why roster consistency is one of the best playoff predictors of success but also possibly not actually meaningful because usually you need a roster that's already good to obtain that level of consistency.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rick posted:

In a way this is both why roster consistency is one of the best playoff predictors of success but also possibly not actually meaningful because usually you need a roster that's already good to obtain that level of consistency.

I think last year's/this year's TWolves is a good case study of a team that looked pretty bad improving almost entirely due to gaining more chemistry together.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1783944123218878479

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

kingcobweb posted:

I think last year's/this year's TWolves is a good case study of a team that looked pretty bad improving almost entirely due to gaining more chemistry together.

KAT also missed a large chunk of last year and was pretty important this year to getting the team to their early start. But yeah, they were still better even when he missed time this year.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

This is fine but let me get league pass with no blackouts please.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Hopefully this means we won't have playoff games in loving 720p.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

kingcobweb posted:

Hopefully this means we won't have playoff games in loving 720p.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Judgy Fucker posted:

Hey. If it's a generic prayer why has a Muslim never been invited to perform it

Edit: apparently it's been done by FN leaders. It could be no one asked. I hate singing the anthem before random games. Sing it at the finals not an April game lol

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 26, 2024

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Judgy Fucker posted:

lmao if you actually put your hand over your heart for the national anthem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Judgy Fucker posted:

tbf I also extremely mock and don't do this poo poo.