Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1764453860616147110

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol. the defensive plan worked, he just made the shots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8dskFDO7_c

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

What the hell is that thing that's flying? And did it come from his shoe or is that in the foreground?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

What the hell is that thing that's flying? And did it come from his shoe or is that in the foreground?

It’s just something floating down in the foreground.

Welp, Knicks had a good run. Was nice while it lasted.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ha yeah that confused me too for a second - it comes from the top right of the screen it must be in the foreground

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Just looks like a piece of paper floating down. Also gently caress, terrible news.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

here, have something to let you hold on to hope Knicks fans

https://twitter.com/BrianSuttererMD/status/1764459278885081310

https://twitter.com/BrianSuttererMD/status/1764452997893926974

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im no doctor but that looks kinda bad

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Aaron Rodgers was also listed as questionable to return.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

It’s all coming together nicely for the Celtics, dammit.

Prob too much to ask for the Warriors, Lakers and Celtics to all be bad in the same year.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Red Rox posted:

It’s all coming together nicely for the Celtics, dammit.

Prob too much to ask for the Warriors, Lakers and Celtics to all be bad in the same year.

i can give you 2 for 3

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

Christ I hope Brunson isn't dead.

On the plus side, they did beat the Cavs anyways

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

On the plus side, they did beat the Cavs anyways

Without Mitchell.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i think brunson is better than mitchell

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

pentyne posted:

this is priceless because the prior 48 hours had been all about how the Warriors were a credible title threat and how they and the Lakers need to be feared in the West.

Fans that put up a banner every time the team they cheer for wins a game against these teams posting this kind of poo poo is always funny to me. Y'all are the ones propping up those teams up when it's convenient so people don't make fun of you for taking giant victory laps every time your home playoff teams beat a 9 or 10 seed.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Rick posted:

Fans that put up a banner every time the team they cheer for wins a game against these teams posting this kind of poo poo is always funny to me. Y'all are the ones propping up those teams up when it's convenient so people don't make fun of you for taking giant victory laps every time your home playoff teams beat a 9 or 10 seed.

i think its fun to post about your team winning a game no matter who its against, op. but dont get pissy when your team loses either

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Brunson going down and then Deuce playing 47 mins is the most Thibs thing

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Thibs says it’s a knee contusion, X-rays were negative.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boosh! posted:

Thibs says it’s a knee contusion, X-rays were negative.

the learn-ed twitter doctor emerges victorious

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

fart simpson posted:

i think its fun to post about your team winning a game no matter who its against, op. but dont get pissy when your team loses either

I think you should be legally obligated to post when your team loses or you have to paypal me $100. This is my new career.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Can we just get an OG, Randle, Brunson series vs the Celtics and see what loving happens?

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
standard kelly olynyk

non-kelly oops for the people

and 5 minutes later poeltl dislocated his pinky on brandon miller

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Imagine not hating your favorite basketball team, couldn't be me

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Rick posted:

I think you should be legally obligated to post when your team loses or you have to paypal me $100. This is my new career.

me specifically?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

fart simpson posted:

me specifically?

poo poo, my writing workshops always warned me that people would interpret my writing this way if I didn't drop the folksy "you."

I would starve to death if I was relying on Celtics losses this season for income.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
bucks celtics for east finals, celtics probably win

denver okc for west, denver wins

a very fun finals that denver wins in 6 games

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Yuzenn posted:

Brunson going down and then Deuce playing 47 mins is the most Thibs thing

I had to check… lmao it’s true

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

ex post facho posted:

3 way tie for first in the West again :sickos:

Denver is starting to wake up - timing it pretty drat well. It’s hard to repeat.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Did anyone post the dumbass kids who recorded a video of breaking into and loving around in the Clippers new arena for tiktok and also kept looking directly into the camera? One kid hit a couple threes.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1764479006185775487

The only other rookies to get 30-10-5 with 5 blocks in a game? David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

San Antonio - the place for generational big men (and big ol' women).

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im still laughing about that defense today. intentionally not guarding jaylen brown, daring him to score, so he gets 19 points in the first quarter? it's probably the weirdest defensive game plan ive ever seen in the nba

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

poo poo, my writing workshops always warned me that people would interpret my writing this way if I didn't drop the folksy "you."

I would starve to death if I was relying on Celtics losses this season for income.

scratch out loses for Failing Vibe Check and become the richest man on earth

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

it felt like the nba version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VKQwDS2s&t=6s

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

oh also the celtics clinched a play in or higher spot with the win today. nice

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

fart simpson posted:

im still laughing about that defense today. intentionally not guarding jaylen brown, daring him to score, so he gets 19 points in the first quarter? it's probably the weirdest defensive game plan ive ever seen in the nba
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz06lFqMv4M

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The NBA app must be broken because it’s telling me Nurkic had 31 rebounds last night. Silly.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Jack's Flow posted:

The NBA app must be broken because it’s telling me Nurkic had 31 rebounds last night. Silly.

pulling down 13 ORBs and shooting sub 50% is like the platonic ideal if Andre Drummond statlines, congrats to Nurkic and the Suns for producing this unique and talented team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Jack's Flow posted:

He was not happy with the officials
https://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/39650708/nurkic-irked-officials-setting-suns-rebound-record

quote:

"I don't know, man, I'm just trying to do my role the best I can. But it's kind of really messed up when you have 13 offensive rebounds and 16 shots then zero free throws," Nurkic said. "As hard as I work, and I feel like [I'm] getting fouled as [much as] anybody in the league.

"And I'm not here saying -- we lost the game, it is what it is -- [but] it's just, it's not really common sense. At least one [free throw]. [To] not even have one? But I know it happens. I ain't the first one, and I ain't going to be the last, either, unfortunately."