Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/KY_PDX/status/1780793770713424171

you love to see continuity in the storyline folks

nice easter egg at the end of the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

so apparently Caruso has a sprained right foot from Drummond but also sprained his left ankle when he went back into the game in the 3rd

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

stuker posted:

finally cutting bait on collins before the season seems like a sign they'd prefer to keep murray imo, but woof that potential market for trae is gonna be interesting

The Hawks would have been better off keeping him out for the rest of the season. They were playing fine without him and he is nowhere near as bad when healthy as he's looked since he's come back from the injury.

Dexo posted:

Trae Young to San Antonio for ATL to get some of their picks back and for SA get someone who can pass and dribble for Wemby's development makes too much sense.

And if anyone can turn around Trae Young it's gotta be pop right?

The Lakers would be the funniest place for him to go to, but the Spurs would definitely be the best for him long-term, not to mention it would be incredibly fun to watch both good (on offense) and bad (to see how much Wemby can make up for Trae on defense). Will Wemby want to kill him or just be happy for the easy buckets on offense?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

big boi posted:

Yeah, the bigger gambling operators force their employees to do "responsible gaming" and "fraud prevention" trainings like once a quarter, so they know how to spot patterns of (blatant) addiction, betting irregularities, etc. It's taken very seriously. They're playing the long game; they know that they can profit off millions of marks and rubes for years to come if they can at least appear to keep their hands clean.

Yeah, the American gambling industry isn't run by shady mafioso-types anymore. They know the legal hammer can come down on them hard if things get too sketchy.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Watching Trae shoot logo threes while Wemby has his hands outstretched two feet higher than everyone in the paint

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

slave to my cravings posted:

Watching Trae shoot logo threes while Wemby has his hands outstretched two feet higher than everyone in the paint

Look I hate Trae, but legitimately that's not his game, he is an extremely willing passer, his problem is just that he is a Dame level defender.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Trae has usually killed the Bulls by throwing up oops to Capella, fortunately the Hawks defense last night was some of the worst poo poo I've seen from an NBA team

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

stuker posted:

finally cutting bait on collins before the season seems like a sign they'd prefer to keep murray imo, but woof that potential market for trae is gonna be interesting
They tried really hard to sell Dejounte during this season but nobody would take him off their hands. I really thought they were going to be top echelon of the Eastern Conference after they landed him but they suck!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
It is pretty crazy that a starting 4 of Trae, DJ, Bogdan, and Capella seems like a very solid starting point to a competitive team. It just never really worked.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It is pretty crazy that a starting 4 of Trae, DJ, Bogdan, and Capella seems like a very solid starting point to a competitive team. It just never really worked.

i dont watch much of them but they really do seem to play better when trae is hurt, imo

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
trae young is a wererat

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Trae has usually killed the Bulls by throwing up oops to Capella, fortunately the Hawks defense last night was some of the worst poo poo I've seen from an NBA team

the thing is the Bulls generally wreck Trae

Ayo and Coby have adopted him.

Like since 2021 Trae is 2-9 against the Bulls lmao.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Still wild to me a very mediocre team decided to extend Bogdan while in the middle of being extremely mediocre

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Still wild to me a very mediocre team decided to extend Bogdan while in the middle of being extremely mediocre

that Demar Derozan extension this offseason is gonna hit like crack in the 80s for the haters.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

As a Spurs fan I was skeptical of benefits of the trade for Atlanta from the beginning.

Dejounte's All-Star season was a result of him basically being given the green light to do whatever on offense and control the ball. That had anti-synergy with Trae and reduced the rest of the Hawks sharing the floor with them to simple play finishers.

And his defense which was supposed to compensate for Trae's has been overrated since the ACL injury. The Spurs were able to obfuscate his degraded defense because they had Derrick White and Jakob Poeltl.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Salvor_Hardin posted:

they have some good young wings too. capela got old fast. and like others have said murray and trae overlap. I dont know what they could do

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Murray is the only player on that Team who seems to like give a poo poo. The Hawks were really solid when Trae was out.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

anakha posted:

As a Spurs fan I was skeptical of benefits of the trade for Atlanta from the beginning.

Dejounte's All-Star season was a result of him basically being given the green light to do whatever on offense and control the ball. That had anti-synergy with Trae and reduced the rest of the Hawks sharing the floor with them to simple play finishers.

And his defense which was supposed to compensate for Trae's has been overrated since the ACL injury. The Spurs were able to obfuscate his degraded defense because they had Derrick White and Jakob Poeltl.
In other words, the spurs are scammers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I will not be posting about the bulls garbage front office or the impossibility of trading Zach LaVine or the inevitably ruinius for the bulls but good for the vibes of the city of Chicago contract extension coming to demar or how much money the bulls are paying vooch or how they are going to give their 2025 lottery pick to the loving Spurs of all teams until the bulls are officially eliminated, I am Seeing Red for the next 48 hours.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

temple posted:

In other words, the spurs are scammers

Indeed, so the celtics should want to give back derrick white

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1780793382346121413

time for Tyler herro to fulfill his destiny and get dominated by Ayo Dosunmu to the tune of 15 points on 6 of 27 shooting

Kelly Oubre was the play-in game MVP

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

maybe y'all have seen this but it was new to me

https://twitter.com/MartyMcWhy/status/1780679610876764410

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Honestly miss the Red Rocket, the Red Mamba, the Sandwich Hunter, the Canadian Dragon.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

or how they are going to give their 2025 lottery pick to the loving Spurs of all teams until the bulls are officially eliminated
Wow I totally forgot about this pick. Very cool. I'll root for the Bulls in solidarity and out of my love for Demar.

And yeah the Spurs scam, it's what they do best after solid fundamental basketball. The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that Davis Bertans might be good at basketball.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

Indeed, so the celtics should want to give back derrick white
Honestly throw in sochan and a pick.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm not giving up our future starting point guard the Polish Rodman for the world.
I would like Patty back though. Wherever he is.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

R.D. Mangles posted:

I will not be posting about the bulls garbage front office or the impossibility of trading Zach LaVine or the inevitably ruinius for the bulls but good for the vibes of the city of Chicago contract extension coming to demar or how much money the bulls are paying vooch or how they are going to give their 2025 lottery pick to the loving Spurs of all teams until the bulls are officially eliminated, I am Seeing Red for the next 48 hours.

R.D. I am growing concerned about your increasing level of Bulls-induced mania. I suggest you put Thrust on the turntable and cool out. (for this purpose Palm Grease, not Actual Proof)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

elime anning posted:

R.D. I am growing concerned about your increasing level of Bulls-induced mania. I suggest you put Thrust on the turntable and cool out. (for this purpose Palm Grease, not Actual Proof)

More of a Spank-a-lee guy

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i like dejounte murray, i hope the spurs get him back

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Maybe a pick back and some other poo poo??? I think the Hawks might be stupid god bless them.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that Dejuan Blair might be good at basketball.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that Gary Neal might be good at basketball.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that Jonathon Simmons might be good at basketball.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that Bryn Forbes might be good at basketball.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dejuan Blair was good he had no knees though

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah the Blair scam on the Mavs was a degenerative knees issue rather than a skill issue. His rebounding plummeting after his sophomore season should have raised red flags though.

anakha fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 18, 2024

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Dejuan was a lot of fun. Dejaun Blair and Stak5 (i think everybody remembers stephen jackson's musical career) still both better rappers than Dame

Of course nobody can touch the goat Tony Parkèr. He even paid Fab to feature.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
In a way, even though I love that weird headed guy, it was a betrayal of the Code (Spurs Familia) for D White to not immediately turn into a pumpkin in Boston.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Dejuan was a lot of fun. Dejaun Blair and Stak5 (i think everybody remembers stephen jackson's musical career) still both better rappers than Dame

Of course nobody can touch the goat Tony Parkèr. He even paid Fab to feature.

I will never forget watching the spurs win a championship and Tony Parker summoning his entourage on the floor to listen to him to a horrible French rap because one of the guys with him was his brother who played for northwestern.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 18, 2024

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the spurs won the championship in 2014 and i felt basically nothing because it was what they were supposed to do

it changed the way i felt about basketball

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jimmy had his mri done at 330, no official results yet but expectation is a mcl tear and meniscus tear and a 4 week recovery

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1780779250054041652

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Uh that doesn’t sound good

https://twitter.com/ClippersUK/status/1781052296115155436