Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

i squirt on cam while in teams meetings with the ocean background to really make it pop. two raises since last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Uhh they think the ocean is entirely your squirt and you're gonna have a real hard time replicating it during your performance review

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!
I only do video calls in spooky Star Wars Dark Side holograms. Hood up.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Find an excuse to send a mass email to your entire team/company once a week to get your name out there

I am not joking that's how I got two "promotions" even though I still can't afford a home so maybe don't listen to me

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Find an excuse to send a mass email to your entire team/company once a week to get your name out there

I am not joking that's how I got two "promotions" even though I still can't afford a home so maybe don't listen to me

That's a great scam

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm sending mass emails right now

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!
Just reply all for even higher visibility

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Rad-daddio posted:

yep. Everyone says you should keep up your network and move around every few years.

I did the exact opposite; I found a small chill place that paid well and stayed there for 24 years.

Now, I'm in negotiations to buy the whole outfit.

:smug: look at this loser who has had a polyester leisure suit on layaway for 24 years

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Now that you mention it, they say to work at the level you want to be promoted to and all the execs send weekly blogs to the entire organization.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

redshirt posted:

Just reply all for even higher visibility

Also, replying all to company wide emails with "PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE ME FROM THIS EMAIL!!!!111 I AM VERY BUSY!!11111" makes you look like a big shot important guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Serious_Cyclone posted:

:smug: look at this loser who has had a polyester leisure suit on layaway for 24 years

It gets even funnier when it's revealed that both of my kids work for me, and my oldest is the same age i was when i started there.

Maybe my job is some kind of generational curse on my family. Oops, all machinists!