Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The what

E: I was always unnerved by how pink everyone's lips are in these cutscenes.

E2: no health pickups with some of these enemy layouts is truly demented, but I think that's a holdover from the original?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The eating guy's voice is a dead ringer for Barney from The Simpsons

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This game (and Wand even though we haven't seen it yet) feel like alphas that were given some actual art assets and music, and then shipped without any playtesting or re-working of the "engine" or whatever. Like yeah it functions, but nobody in their right mind would say that it's good.

Also the cutscene art reminds me of a bad Don Bluth knock-off, and I can't be the only person to have thought this before.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Big fan of the time lapse title cards during the intro, you can almost hear the Spongebob voice over them.

Also I'd be so pissed if I got through that long area with the Wizzrobe fight, only to realize that I didn't have a bomb to actually finish it out.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

DoubleNegative posted:

I can't get over the weird King's Retainer guy just looking like a weasel in human form. Like, every time I see him, it's utterly uncanny how he just looks like a weasel.

It's so jarring going from him and the other characters with hyper-detailed faces to Zelda and Link, whose facial features look drawn on with crayons.

Like look at these episode banners. Is it just because they're young and therefore not wrinkly like everyone else?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Where did that book come from?
How did Link get into that mirror?

:psyduck:

What a fun dumb double-feature. Can truthfully say that these videos were snap-watches for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FoolyCharged posted:

Link: Canonically too much of a horndog to save the day.

Workshopping a theory that these were the very first games in the Zelda timeline, and after them Link and all his descendants were cursed with silence because of how obnoxious he is here.