Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

But remastered!

They're two of the most infamously bad and ridiculous games out there. They were such mistakes that Nintendo themselves will never acknowledge them as part of The Legend of Zelda's history ever. They're prime fodder for mockery, and cornerstones of shitposting and YouTube Poop-ing.
And only a YouTube Pooper could see the good in these games and decide to bring that out.
For four years up to the hellhole of 2020, one of them, Seth "Dopply" Fulkerson, did just that.

As a chance to prove to himself that he could develop a game, Dopply remade the two best-known Zelda CD-i games for PC, adding several gameplay and mechanical improvements as a "Remastered" mode, but without taking away any of the games' inherent silliness and incongruence. The goofy, awkwardly-animated and voiced cutscenes are still here, looking crisp as ever; the music is still inexplicably rad; walking from one side of a map to the other will still get you hounded by a batshit enemy spawn rate. But it runs at a much faster and smooth 60fps, the hit detection is far more accurate, and the level geometry is finally sensible.
Shockingly, once you fix the unplayability of these games, a surprising amount of charm comes out. Like how this Zelda is adorable and will wreck your poo poo.

So, join me as I introduce JigglyJacob and MugiStraw to the versions of these classic memes that actually put their best feet forward. Both Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon will be played and completed in three parts each, respectively, with the final parts also diving into some of the extras that Dopply and friends snuck in.
And afterward, we even have plans to give their original Zelda CD-i-like a go.

But not Zelda's Adventure. Even Dopply thinks that one is unsalvageable.

-----------------------------------------

Link: The Faces of Evil

Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon

FeyerbrandX posted:

you asked for a green screen you got it

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We meet some of the more colorful cast of Koridai in this part

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

That's all for Faces of Evil, so Wand of Gamelon will be next week!

PS: this is my favorite thumbnail for either LP, and it was by far the easiest to make. Some true faces of evil

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wand of Gamelon begins!

You can guess which of these two games I enjoy/respect more by the thumbnails.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This part is short but it's GOOD.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

FeyerbrandX posted:

you asked for a green screen you got it

:golfclaponabeerbottle:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

I'm extremely proud of this thumbnail.
And that's Wand of Gamelon! Thanks to all who followed the LPs here, and look forward to Arzette in its own thread in the coming weeks!

I probably could have done these LPs years ago, but thinking about it, it feels right to have waited until I could properly take advantage of my voice training :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
The guys and I haven't been able to record Arzette yet due to life and such, but at least Dan and Grace are doing their chaotic casual thing with it in the meantime.