Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

The third part of this review video does a good job of explaining what Zelda's Adventure is like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAANHKyRIm4&t=2705s
That was really interesting, thanks for linking to it.

And it made me realize that Faces and Wand came out around the same time as Link to the Past, when there really wasn't much of an established notion of what a Zelda game is. Not even the genre – precedent was two top-down games and one sidescroller, and neither of those gave Link or Zelda any personality to speak of. It was probably the last moment in the franchise's history when experiments like this were even possible.

In any case, I enjoyed this LP a lot and I'm looking forward to Arzette :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU