Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Buffalo just cutting the entire team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Salary Cap Reset. Saints will do this next year but on a much, much bigger scale.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Saints will do this next year but on a much, much bigger scale.

lol are you new to this?

The Saints can't even cut most of their guys because it would cost them more than keeping them. They just have to keep restructuring and playing the same old rear end players.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-orleans-saints - Click 2025 tab

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's more the Bills doing what the Saints should've done long ago.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

wandler20 posted:

lol are you new to this?

The Saints can't even cut most of their guys because it would cost them more than keeping them. They just have to keep restructuring and playing the same old rear end players.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-orleans-saints - Click 2025 tab

In 2027 they're going to make a run with $241M in cap space if they don't sign anyone until then.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I still have the same response every time I see Taysom Hill's cap number

HE'S MAKING WHAT

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

https://twitter.com/StreamtheVote/status/1765488605366047067

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

They're going to eat poo poo this year. Roster is old and overpaid

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Salary Cap Reset. Saints will do this next year but on a much, much bigger scale.

Nice impression of the NFC South thread a decade ago.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hmm always good to see another good starter in OL available

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Saints needing to pay the piper is just part of the modern nfl. It'll never happen.

Inertia is too great.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They're going to eat poo poo this year. Roster is old and overpaid

They have a top 3 QB in the league in his prime. They’ll be fine.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Midnightghoul posted:

I still have the same response every time I see Taysom Hill's cap number

HE'S MAKING WHAT

He's earning every dollar. He's the only watchable part of the offense.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Tampa will likely hold firm or give him an incentive deal to pretend it's over $30m

Because who is giving Baker that contract? Just because the Giants were dumbasses doesn't mean you have to be.

*glances at the Pats’ cap space and tugs collar nervously*

I mean Baker and Marvin or Nabers wouldn’t be the WORST thing for a couple years…

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Beane was on one today.

quote:

Very busy day for the #Bills...

- Released CB Tre'Davious White, S Jordan Poyer, C Mitch Morse, WR Deonte Harty, CB Siran Neal and RB Nyheim Hines.

- Von Miller and Rasul Douglas agreed to adjust their contracts for cap relief.

- Signed QB Mitchell Trubisky.

- Re-signed S Taylor Rapp to 3-year deal worth a max of $14.5M.

- Re-signed G David Edwards to 2-year, $6M deal.

- Re-signed P Matt Haack to 1-year deal.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1765742153701998892?s=20

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Breaks my fuckin heart but he deserves so much better

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Full commitment to Danny Dimes, Darren Waller contemplating retirement, and Saquon to the Eagles. Giants in shambles.

https://twitter.com/rydunleavy/status/1765736783155728794?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dmrussini/status/1765750570319503792?s=46

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
All monies to QBs and WRs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kirk's either staying or going to Atlanta, Russini's hearing lean toward Atlanta

https://twitter.com/damski32/status/1765728567231422862?s=46

quote:

Mays and Diana Russini mentions that

Minnesota & Atlanta basically the only two in on Kirk Cousins, saying she’s heard Kirk is leaving Minnesota because he feels the love of being wanted in Atlanta.

Also throws in the interest of ATL and L’Jarius Snead, mentions it would take their second, but also throws in Raheem Morris looking for a defensive stud to “set the tone” on defense for him. So I’d expect ATL to also be in on big time FA players there as well.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

is this the guy that cant stop headhunting dudes

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
No, that was Kareem Jackson, who was released a while ago.
Justin Simmons is/was a very good safety. Some contending team will be very happy with him for a year or two.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Chris James 2 posted:

Kirk's either staying or going to Atlanta, Russini's hearing lean toward Atlanta

https://twitter.com/damski32/status/1765728567231422862?s=46

Is Russini a good media source or a bad media source?

I remember somebody in one of these threads claiming something about her but I can’t remember specifically.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
she bad

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Unreliable reporting… Sad!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hope you enjoy your time on hopefully a contender. I'll be rooting for you! :glomp:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The inevitable will happen.
https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1765783365163086301?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Russ on the Steelers is like the perfect recipe to win 9-10 games and lose convincingly on wild card weekend.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Russ was always the inheritor of Big Ben's "oh my god, someone just sack him already jesus christ now he threw a touchdown" quality so it all tracks.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Even acknowledging that teams would rather just pay a QB than give up draft capital for him, I find it crazy that Kirk Cousins coming off an Achilles and Russell Wilson coming with baggage are generating more interest than Fields. Like, why wouldn't you roll the dice on a youngish QB with obvious playmaking ability and strong upside over the new Drew Bledsoe and a washed egomaniac?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Russell Wilson costs the veteran minimum due to offsets in his contract. If you just want reasonable stability at the position like the Steelers, while being able to allocate capital elsewhere on the team, it makes perfect sense.

Fields costs draft capital and a 10-20x cap charge for potentially worse performance.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I figured the rumors about the Steelers sticking with Pickett were bullshit....

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Steelers Nation, let's build

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Diva Cupcake posted:

Russell Wilson costs the veteran minimum due to offsets in his contract. If you just want reasonable stability at the position like the Steelers, while being able to allocate capital elsewhere on the team, it makes perfect sense.

Fields costs draft capital and a 10-20x cap charge for potentially worse performance.

2024 Russell Wilson is not going to outperform 2024 Justin Fields.

Fields will cost a lot more, for sure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I would bet a good deal that you're wrong here.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

2023 Russell Wilson outperformed 2023 Justin Fields.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Is there anything to indicate that he would settle for the minimum, tho? Like, is it a situation where the Broncos are obligated to pay the difference between the money they guaranteed him and his new one, so he might as well just take the most team-friendly deal he can?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Black Lighter posted:

Is there anything to indicate that he would settle for the minimum, tho? Like, is it a situation where the Broncos are obligated to pay the difference between the money they guaranteed him and his new one, so he might as well just take the most team-friendly deal he can?

The Broncos are obligated to pay him the difference. He’s making 39 million no matter what, the only question is how much of it the Broncos pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mr. Nice! posted:

Justin Fields has never thrown for 3k yards. He barely eclipsed 2.5k passing yards last year. He's not good.

Russ is pretty cooked, but even he passed for 3k yards, 28 TDs, 8 INTs last year.