Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I like that the Titans are flush with cap space and are actually spending it and taking advantage of it. Ran Carthon is killing it so far.

Also it probably was a 2025 3rd because the Titans don't have a 2024 one due to the trade-up for Billy Jeans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Titans think they might have the coveted “good qb on rookie contract” and are going all in. Same with Houston.

Carolina otoh is starting a full rebuild.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I like when teams acquire and keep good players, I think that's a good strategy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans are not going all in lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I mean it’s a big contract but if I am reading Spotrac correctly it didn’t annihilate the previous CB market. Seems like a good get for Tennessee

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

congratulations to the Titans, winners of free agency

can't wait to see the results in six months

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Anyone estimate what comp pick the Chiefs would have gotten if Sneed just signed that contract without getting tagged?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Calidus posted:

Anyone estimate what comp pick the Chiefs would have gotten if Sneed just signed that contract without getting tagged?

3rd, likely. MAYBE a 4th but its definitely high enough to be a 3rd

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: nvm it was non exclusive franchise my bad

the athletic says two firsts if fthey signed him off the tag so that obviously wasn't happening

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

3rd, likely. MAYBE a 4th but its definitely high enough to be a 3rd

So the Chiefs moved up something like ~15 places in 3rd round next year depending on the titans performance.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Calidus posted:

So the Chiefs moved up something like ~15 places in 3rd round next year depending on the titans performance.

yeah plus a 7th or whatever extra came with the trade. i have to admit i didnt even think about comp picks because it was easy to forget that it was a 2025 pick instead of this year. i dont think the chiefs really had a choice to do anything but move him, but it does feel like a ridiculously minimal return

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

OTC has a tracker to guesstimate the compensatory picks (this is speculation since some of this does depend on playing time and hitting contract escalators from what i can remember) https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks

at a 19m apy he definitely hits the 3rd round threshold if they just let him walk

also ravens and cowboys with potentially a shitload of comp picks next year

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

It's also worth noting that the comp picks can be offset by incoming free agents so if KC anticipates bringing in a big ticket free agent next season that might play into the thinking.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Rogue0071 posted:

It's also worth noting that the comp picks can be offset by incoming free agents so if KC anticipates bringing in a big ticket free agent next season that might play into the thinking.

Exactly. The Chiefs have signed a player that offset a 3rd/4th comp pick in 4 of the last 6 off seasons.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It wouldn't have effected the comp pick unless they brought the FA in this offseason. Doesn't have to be a big ticket one though, even a mid tier FA could turn the 3rd into a 4th

(I'm presuming we're talking if they hadn't tagged him, not if he played out the tag)

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Rogue0071 posted:

Maybe, I assumed that next season is paid Humphrey and some of more home ground talent. That said I have no idea how extensions and comp picks work.

It’s also a tradable asset if they want move up this year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1772716757301571947?t=IFKD79_xNXEljO1SxFDULg&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I had no idea he was still playing but I guess that's what being a Falcon does to a mf

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

CPat is cool and I wish him well. But lol that like a month after hiring Arthur Smith he's in there pounding the table for this dude

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Docjowles posted:

CPat is cool and I wish him well. But lol that like a month after hiring Arthur Smith he's in there pounding the table for this dude

Patterson was like the lone bright spot in his tenure, can’t blame the guy for wanting to relive the glory days

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Arthur Smith hahahaha

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1772762032472773002?t=KzIEXeRyfQ4702SmRuzshg&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

This dude fell off hard, right?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This dude fell off hard, right?
Tore his ACL thanksgiving 2021. Took full year to come back (and by all accounts the ordeal took a heavy mental toll on him) , played six games in 2022, and was only starting to look like the old Tre by the end. Played 3.5 games in 2023 before he did his Achilles tendon. How good he can be this season is a massive unknown...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

I had no idea he was still playing but I guess that's what being a Falcon does to a mf

Well now I can root for him again

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

They should never have let him go to begin with! Another dumb Belichick move.

Can't imagine he has much left in the tank at this point.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Patterson is one of those dudes whose play should have fallen off a cliff forever ago. I'll believe he's cooked when I see it.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

What's weird is that Arthur Smith barely used him last year. Dunno why he wanted him back.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

fun guy to drink with

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

sexy tiger boobs posted:

What's weird is that Arthur Smith barely used him last year. Dunno why he wanted him back.

I mean, it sounds like he'll be a returner primarily, and Smith isn't in control of ST for the Steelers.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its not like the steelers have a God tier RB room. There's worse acquisitions than a guy who can occasionally pop one who'll be safe hands on special teams.

We saw a playoff game turn on a special teams miscue just last year.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I think Patterson is going to be great with the new rules. Straight ahead speed and power where he will be running past/into guys who don't have a head start

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a lot of teams don 't even have a room for rbs. what are they going to do in there. probably come up with some good ideas for countering their own exploitation. of course the real work for running a counter on that is traditionally done by the tackle and guard anyway. i was fooling by saying that. talking about the pulling that takes place on a counter play.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cavauro posted:

a lot of teams don 't even have a room for rbs. what are they going to do in there. probably come up with some good ideas for countering their own exploitation. of course the real work for running a counter on that is traditionally done by the tackle and guard anyway. i was fooling by saying that. talking about the pulling that takes place on a counter play.

Everyone feels like a good pull after watching the masculine ballet that is a good counter play.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Patterson should be boss with the new kickoff rules. They seem tailor-made for someone like him

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1773039084052644229?s=20

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

#error# needs weapons

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think there will be 31 kickoff returns for a touchdown under the new rules and they will change something after only one season because it upsets teams with less success at it

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I think there will be like 17 long kickoff returns in the first 4 weeks and then approximately 0 thereafter, once special teams coaches figure them out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

#error# needs weapons

Unfortunately the best they could do was Josh Reynolds

Man the Broncos pass catching situation is Bad. Maybe this will be the year Tim Patrick avoids a devastating offseason injury