Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

whelp. bye brian.

That's a hell of a contract for him.

good thing they didnt trade him for two future 1sts last year, altho honestly amazing they got two draft picks out of him still after this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

the burns contract feels loving ridiculous considering he's a light DE who can't do anything against the run and straight up didn't try last year.

i mean bryce huff was also on the market

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

Jamal Lewis tore both his ACLs one in college and one in 2001. And then ran for 2000 yards in 2003.

A giant power back in an old school offense is a little different from how things are run now, but yes it is possible to come back from an ACL and be good

Kalli posted:

This is absurdly cheap. He wasn't very productive last year after Judon went down, but still, this is nothing for a 26 year old guy who had a dozen sacks in '22

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1767640391640047854

And he turned down more money from other teams supposedly. Maybe he thinks he can get another dozen sack year and get a giant deal out of it

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ehh i get it, they probably asked all the big money dudes to restructure and only Mack & Bosa agreed.

good news is its a WR rich draft so there's plenty of good talent available. Also Harbaugh's not averse to passing the ball, he's just a lunatic about having a ball control offense which means plenty of running

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

My head knows you're correct.

But keenan was my favorite player and literally the last San Diego Charger.

I'm just gonna be sad for a bit

i understand, i thought we were gonna lose Evans this offseason and I imagine if we had a young expensive QB we would've

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

yeah that is part of it

its almost entirely coaching. the browns have a good offensive minded HC and up until this offseason they had the best o-line coach in the league along with a great defense. if the jets swapped coaches with the browns they'd have been in the playoffs this year.

i keep forgetting the titans have bill callahan now and an offensive minded HC. I bet they're going to suddenly be dangerous on offense next year (altho the defense looks to be hot garbage)

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

this idiot doesn't change my stance at all not the least of which is bc the browns coaches were incredibly creative with the playcalling and play design while rotating through a cast of backups

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think the panthers are trying to improve the team to get their young QB some help so maybe he won’t be a bust and people will want to watch them

i mean the defense got demonstrably worse, but yes they appear to be doing some stuf fon offense

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ehhh Payton's a good enough coach they probably end up with a mediocre season like 7-10 or something. that's if he can't finagle a qb somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Play posted:

Diggs has been malcontent and a malingerer recently, from what I can tell. Just kind of bad vibes in the locker room. Thinks he's open on every play, throwing up the hand but in fact he isn't. Terrible body language if he doesn't get the ball. Fought with and criticized teammates and staff. Said things in the media and online that were kinda snarky. Doesn't take responsibility.

More importantly maybe, he started playing more poorly and almost single handedly ruined two drives in their most recent playoff loss, with two drops including a potential 55 yarder, and a fumble. Started dropping passes frequently, actually. Was apparently taking himself out of the game multiple times late last season.

Basically a very similar story as in Minnesota. I like the guy, I think he certainly has plenty more to give, but this move doesn't surprise me at all even with that huge dead cap hit.

I wouldn't give him a super long contract because it seems like there is sort of a time limit, say two years, after which he starts getting unhappy with things.

yea we'll see how long he stays satisfied but honestly 2 years is still worth it for the texans. who knows tho, maybe not playing for an old white dude at HC helps him be less miserable after a bit.

flipside, damnnnnn the TExans really went all in. it's exciting to see a team actually full court press into taking advantage of having a good young qb