Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Forrest on Fire posted:

The Bears cut Whitehair, so they need bodies. Even if he's bad (they traded him for a fifth round pick) it's probably a good trade for them.
The Bills liked Ryan because he could offer flexible positional value. He played a bunch in '22 because of injuries (RG and C) then barely got on the field last season because of a lack of injuries. I think he wasn't happy about the prospect of another season without being a starter.

Honestly he falls in the middle zone of not being great so he gets lauded but not bad that you panic when he's playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/DDawkins66/status/1767221961204052338
I think this is Dion messing with people.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 11, 2024

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767224540877160548

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Anals of History posted:

Knew that the Von Miller contract was bad, but not that bad. Woof.

Also makes me feel better that the Lions haven't done much in FA so far.
Buffalo can move on from Miller after this season, having paid him a total of around $44m (just shy of $15 per year). He could re-find his form this year and earn a bunch of sack-count incentives, pushing that number up. If he doesn't, it's not a great return for 10 great games pre his injury, but it's not the train wreck of the £120m headline figure.

His non-guaranteed salaries for 2025 onwards are $17m, $20m and $30m. I can't believe either party ever considered that he would see that $30m as 38 year-old, and it was performative PR.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 12, 2024

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

The question mark will be his return from the ACL injury.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Tyrod left for the Jets. If we cut anyone it'll be Cutlets

Jones is gone at years end and I assume a QB is in play for the draft
He has both an injury guarantee and a history of injuries. Rookie QB, Lock as backup/mentor, Jones warming the bench to avoid any extra dead money in '25...

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

POOOOOONAAAAAAAA

also the 0LB defense dream is dead in Seattle

https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1768420399115559179?s=20
Dodson was a largely unpopular-with-the-fans backup, who had to step up when Milano's season ended very early. Much better against the run than the pass, and McDermott basically came up with a scheme that minimised his exposure to the latter. The end result was certainly way better than anyone expected. As long as they haven't overpaid him and use him within his skills, he could be an ok addition. But nobody in Buffalo is going to be disappointed to get back to the Milano-Bernard combo.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/1770182278351651281
The Johnson re-sign had been known about for a few days, but I believe the Toohill hadn't been leaked before the official press release.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

One less free agent WR....
https://twitter.com/Giants/status/1770978683571831089
Stuck in PS purgatory on the Bills for two and a half seasons until he finally gets a break with the Giants. Despite being their WR touchdown leader since then, he had the indignity of them turning down his RFA tender and presumably the whole market not being interested in his services, and going back to the Giants on what must be a cheap deal....

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This dude fell off hard, right?
Tore his ACL thanksgiving 2021. Took full year to come back (and by all accounts the ordeal took a heavy mental toll on him) , played six games in 2022, and was only starting to look like the old Tre by the end. Played 3.5 games in 2023 before he did his Achilles tendon. How good he can be this season is a massive unknown...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Intruder posted:

seeing bills fans upset they didn't trade him post june 1 but uhhhh that only applies to cuts right? not trades?
You can't designate trades as post june 1st. The two teams would have to physically wait until then you submit the trade, which would mean no picks swaps for the upcoming draft.