Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

CTESPN sounds like what you'd name your edgy parody account, fail at it, then try and rebrand as a rumor mill account.

That's AB and Burfict's nascent podcast lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

If Patrick Queesn isn't any good as a coverage ILB, then he will bust in Pgh. Steelers have been collecting downhill thumpers for years, and keep whiffing on the coverage guy since Shazier retired himself. They've added Devin Bush, Cole Holcomb, 900 year old Kwon Alexander, etc and have no answer for TEs, so there's that

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers starting dline of TJ Watt, JJ Watt, Aaron Donald and Cameron Heyward

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

aperion posted:

And still barely go 9-8.

*Curb theme plays*

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Pickett sucks rear end. Either team should be able to get a better backup

This

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

13 TDs to 13 INTs over 2 seasons of starts is historically bad. I'm flabbergasted the Steelers gave up on him while still on his rookie deal, but hey, I'm for it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Steelers Nation, [strike]let’s ride[/strike] forge

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I don't think Kenny is the biggest Steelers bust of the last 10 years, let alone ever. They traded up to 10 for a Michigan off-ball linebacker who was worst starter I've ever seen the Steelers start at that position. Kenny was pick 20

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

joe football posted:

I really wanted to get Fields for the Steelers this year, but it doesn't make sense to have him be a backup when you have to pick up a $25 million option for next year. Unless you can negotiate an extension for less I guess

I'd assume this the gambit, as they basically tried the same idea with Dwayne Haskins (rip)

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I don't know how much of Russ's 2025 salary is owed from Denver, so I assume he's a 1 year rental unless he captures lightning in a bottle, that still makes a 5th year option cheaper than a full-priced Wilson. If they both suck, it should hasten drafting high enough to take another swing at the draft

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Dexo posted:

No really keep doing the among others. Because add Alex Smith and that's where the list stops.

In the long history of the NFL.

Generally after your third year of starts you are what you are in the NFL as a QB.

The list of QBs with as many starts, and as little production as Fields who turned it around and became franchise level QBs is like 3-5 QBs long

Alex Smith
Rich Gannon
Drew Brees.
Steve Young

Are the only ones I can think of off hand.

Geno Smith had 2 years and then sat on benches for like 7 years.

I hope Fields proves me wrong and balls out, still rooting for him, but uh it feels very unlikely.

Roger Staughbach
Terry Bradshaw

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

A QB who holds the ball for 20 seconds every play? Oh, 2 of them? drat, good thing the Steelers never had that situation before

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Patterson should be boss with the new kickoff rules. They seem tailor-made for someone like him

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

There has to be something mentally warping about being one of the most essential pieces of an NFL offense, but also sometimes getting under 5 targets in a given game. Players need to have insane levels of confidence to find any success at the pro level. Running 30 routes and honestly believing you were open on 30 of them probably drives folks crazy.

It's super cool when one of them is actually open on every play, like Diggs was for a time. Or like, AB's 6 consecutive 100+ catch seasons. It's heady just watching a dude dominate like that. I can't even imagine what that does to your ego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yes you can.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1711096195118997536?t=-7MOQLXKloptPMbk-LZNKw&s=19

Admittedly that was a day with 6 other Ravens drops, including at least 2 other TDs.

Happy memories