Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Sad to see Edwards go but happy to see Henry in and reviving the old Ravens tradition of signing former Titans rivals. For whatever reason the Ravens would never use Edwards as an RB1, maybe that will change with Henry. Both the big playoff losses we just wouldn't use Gus as a featured back. Even if Henry has declined he should still be difficult to deal with thanks to Lamar. And if Mitchell can get back up to speed that will be a hell of a trio for teams to deal with.

Can't believe Queen went to Pittsburgh. Well I hope for their sake he's better as a featured middle guy than he was here before Roquan showed up. He was on his way to being one of the most disappointing non-WR firsts we've ever had. But maybe he's improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Jamal Lewis tore both his ACLs one in college and one in 2001. And then ran for 2000 yards in 2003.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

A giant power back in an old school offense is a little different from how things are run now, but yes it is possible to come back from an ACL and be good

Jamal Lewis's game was cutbacks and acceleration.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Likely is 100% going to the Browns the next year or two. Well maybe not them they have Njoku I just picked them because Stone to the Bengals and Queen to the Steelers. But some other rival team.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'm surprised the Ravens didn't make a play for Allen if the cost was just a 4th. That's the exact kind of WR acquisition we've had success with in the past.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

gently caress me I KNEW THAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN. God drat it. Steelers have the division locked up already

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Tell me you didn’t watch any Bears games without telling me you didn’t watch any Bears games

Yeah but that's an organization that seems to be one of the overall worst for offensive talent to go to especially QB. Steelers are a much better environment. I mean it's not 100% success like look at Pickett. But Fields is a talented guy nobody can deny that. Get him a solid supporting cast and there's a strong chance he can become a good or even better player. And he's just as good of a runner as Lamar Jackson is.

It's a very low-risk-high-reward move for them.

QBs can come into their own late or on other teams probably more than most positions. Look at guys like Steve Young ,Geno Smith, and Rich Gannon among others.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 17, 2024

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Dexo posted:

No really keep doing the among others. Because add Alex Smith and that's where the list stops.

In the long history of the NFL.

Generally after your third year of starts you are what you are in the NFL as a QB.

The list of QBs with as many starts, and as little production as Fields who turned it around and became franchise level QBs is like 3-5 QBs long

Alex Smith
Rich Gannon
Drew Brees.
Steve Young

Are the only ones I can think of off hand.

Geno Smith had 2 years and then sat on benches for like 7 years.

I hope Fields proves me wrong and balls out, still rooting for him, but uh it feels very unlikely.

I'm not just talking about franchise QBs I'm talking about anyone who made great improvements years later. So that includes Geno Smith. He was a punchline of a player nobody thought we'd ever see in any form again and then reemerged. Vinny Testaverde, Kyle Orton, Jeff George, I might even include someone like Tommy Maddox.

Even if he's not a franchise QB it doesn't mean Fields might not have some great years in him in a better organization.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

So the Ravens are just turning over 3/5 of their line?

Yeah right after signing a 30-year old power back. Not too smart. Morgan Moses trade one of the dumbest we've ever made.

I saw people say that Ben Cleveland looked decent when he played last year so hopefully that works out. But we're taking a huge gamble doing this.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 19, 2024

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Moses was injured half the season and playing on a snap count. Zeitler was also playing through stuff. They're both gonna be 34 going into the season. They can still bring in a vet linemen plus the draft looks really good plus there's dudes on the roster that can compete. I wouldn't have minded if they kept Zeitler/Moses but I think going into the season with them plus Stanley as your oline plan is also taking a huge rear end gamble.

Moses was hurt last year but very reliable before that. Keeping him doesnt mean we cant draft someone still. I think he had like one year left on his deal and I feel like having him around for that year would be a better value than a higher 4th and a 6th rd draft pick to me. While whoever we draft can have that time to develop as a backup for a yr.
I get not signing Zeitler to a new deal.

Also Moses wont be 34 till next year. Just turned 33 Maybe a little nitpicky but every year starts to count at that point

We keep moses for his last year then promote Cleveland. So we'd only have one position to worry about and of course theres always mekari.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I hope Dobbins does well there(if he goes that is). It's weird how the Harbaughs are like polar opposites in personality with John being a guy who just hangs back and doesn't do much while Jim is a very hands on guy. I imagine that will make Roman easier to handle being on a team where the head coach is actually involved in the game.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 28, 2024

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Did the Ravens hire the wrong Harbaugh?

Absolutely.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Only one of them is 1-0 in Harbowls

You mean the Jim Harbaugh vs Jim Caldwell/Dean Pees bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That drop in the Steelers game was dreadful and probably would have won us the game even with all the other drops. But Agholor was more good than bad. Helped that we used him as a 4th WR rather than try to put a guy like that as #1 or 2 like we usually do.