Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Thought it was a requirement that Jonnu Smith followed Arthur Smith.
He has to have another stop somewhere else, first. Steelers will trade for Jonnu next year when Freiermuth gets hurt, is my guess.

Great googly moogly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

Meanwhile the 7-11 Falcons upset the 1-seed Cowboys in the Ultra Wildcard Round, shortening Jerry's lifespan another three years.
Inshallah. Though the years off of Jerry's life dont matter unless someone finds his phylactery.

Red rifle or bust.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Corzaa posted:

As someone who is only getting back into the NFL this past year. Why does everyone seemingly hate Carson Wentz?
Because everyone hates Carson Wentz, duh.

apparently he is a huuuuge rear end in a top hat, does not willingly take coaching, and is entitled.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

This is not a spoiler
You caught me before my edit!
If you're saying that kind of thing doesnt need to be spoiled - yeah, but I was making a bad joke :colbert:

EmbryoSteve posted:

Dalton seems like a fine bridge for bo nix to sit on the bench and learn how to throw the ball further than 3 yards down the field
Isnt Bo Nix only like 4 years younger than &e?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Russ is a bad fit for modern NFL schemes but he can still throw a pretty nice deep ball and can kinda run so I can see him doing alright in Arthur Smith’s Tennessee offense that was mostly running the ball and then bombs off play action.
Isnt Russ bad at throwing over the middle and Arthur Smith's offense relies on throws over the middle? I have nightmares about AJ Brown catching a pass over the middle from Tannehill for a big gain from Arthur's days as the Titans OC.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eagles lost Cox but they kept Big Dick, good for them.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

He’s fine at throwing over the middle. If we split “over the middle” into three depths, 0-5, 6-10, 11-X, he’s been good at the short and at the long. He’s been solid at the 6-10.

The meme that he *can’t* throw over the middle is because he’s historically chosen to throw over the middle, as a proportional share of all his throws, at a rate less than the NFL average. His accuracy has been fine when he does choose to throw over the middle.

Wilson played behind literally the biggest college OL when he was at Wisconsin and he made it work.

Wilson is probably missing some over the middle opportunities that he could otherwise realize if he were like 6’4”, but it’s not some critical Achilles heel that makes him a worthless qb.
Thank you for the detailed info! That makes a lot of sense. It is hard to keep the memes/doomposting separate from reality sometimes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Announce some deals, think of the poor podcasters!
And the poor bored-at-work crowd

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

God loving damnit Baalke.

I'm going to say it: Go Texans. I'm so sick of the Jags being super loving stupid.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Barkley is better at playing football than Davis, I think, so
Barkley is better by a loving mile, good lord.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

He is already their best receiver.

Intruder posted:

The Texans have $70m in cap space and all they've done is lose two of their best defensive players lol
They're saving up because CJ Stroud is going to get the first billion dollar contract.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Mack Hollins rules

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

Titans picked up Mason Rudolph on a one year deal.

Kinda weird they didn't go for a veteran, but w/e.
Isnt Rudolph like... 30+ at this point?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grozz Nuy posted:

Is Renfrow totally washed now or what?
He was over paid after that one monster season he had, which was the year Gruden was fired. Offense changed after Gruden left and he hasn’t been targeted the same way. He hasn’t had any major injuries that I render heading about so I think it’s all about the pay vs production.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Isnt his agent allowed to talk to whomever he wants? Like if the agent got a call from the Falcons FO saying "Hey we are interested in one of your players, here is what we are thinking of offering him, what do you think?" cant the agent reply?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm surprised Hurst still wants to play after the horrible concussion & memory loss he suffered last year. Or am I mis-remembering and that was someone else?

Also this makes me sad because the TE signings mean that Donald Parham will be buried on the depth chart and I have always wanted that mountain of a man to break out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a neat cape posted:

Parham is still looking like he'll be the main receiving TE.

I love him
Oh that'll be great.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Come to butthead. No go to the Texans!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

drat I wish the Texans had matched the Jags offer for Armstead
I didnt see that Armstead to Jax was official?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a neat cape posted:

Well I'd like to die.
I'm sorry man, that really sucks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

when pickett signs, they should hand him a novelty huge pencil, as a bit
He wont be able to hold it.

Silly Burrito posted:

Man they gave up on him sooner than the Jets did with Zach Wilson.
I think Zach Wilson has better stats / is a better QB.

Please note that I am not saying Zach Wilson is, by any means or definition, a good QB. Simply better than Pickett.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bellmaker posted:

That illusion was shattered when they hired Matt Patricia
Howie does the trades; Pissbaby Sirianni hired Patricia.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Clowney will play more snaps for the Jets than Aaron.
Thats not saying a lot, but yeah.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

stuker posted:

i'm also curious if some of those teams got shut down before the steelers traded for russ

maybe he really wants to spend a year behind russ or something, but if his focus was opportunity to start seems like there are a couple of teams that could offer similar opportunity
The Steelers didnt trade for Russ.

Other teams that were interested, like the Eagles, already have an established starter. The Bears wanted to do right by Justin because they are trading him because they have the first overall pick and the smart thing to do is go with a rookie QB to reset the contract timer, not because they hate Fields. if they only had 9th overall (if they didnt have first overall from the Panthers) Fields would not have been traded. Fields chose the Steelers, probably because Russ is in his mid thirties, takes a lot of sacks, and is on a 1 year contract so if anything happens to Russ and he gets to play and does well, he stands a chance of signing a longer contract to stay in Pittsburgh. If he went to the Eagles he would be less likely to get playing time then would be definitely be looking for a new team after the season because there is zero chance the Eagles are moving on from Hurts. Going to Pittsburgh was literally the best available option to see playing time and have a chance to stick around for more than one year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: :argh: ^^

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Exactly why did Panthers cut Bradley Bozeman? It's hard to imagine a vet guard with 4 good years of play was the problem in Carolina.
Look at the Panthers over the past, say, 5 years and tell me why you would be surprised they would do something dumb like cut a good player that they signed in FA?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yet.*

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm not trying to absolve him but it looks like he could, maybe, have been expecting the RB to chip the DE -or- the QB to not take such a deep drop. Both things could still be on him but, uh, maybe it wasnt pure laziness? Oh, it was? Okay yeah thanks for taking my call, I'll go back to listening.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

that seems like a crazy reach for JJ McCarthy
This is something that it seems like the perception of professional league scouts and execs is very different than the twittersphere/talking heads/fan opinions right now. Or like YOLO said, could be a lot of smoke screens.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ornery and Hornery posted:

BlindSite posted:

Chicago - QB
Wash - QB
NE - QB
ARi - WR
Chargers - might be willing to trade
Giants - QB is a possibility but probably 2nd best WR in the class
Tennessee - not a QB
Atlanta - probably an edge
Chicago - who knows.

I mean... They might be able to stand pat and get who they want anyway but I think the most likely candidate to trade back would be the chargers. With their current cap they might want as many rookie contracts as possible but they did lose Allen and Williams this offseason so you'd think for sure they're staying to take the best receiver they can.
I think the Arizona situation is illustrative of the conversation we’re having about the trade back with Minnesota taking them out of blue chip prospect range.

If Minnesota was at 9 then I’d be much more willing to trade if I was Arizona. Because you’d still have a chance at one of the elite 3 WRs. But because Minnesota is at 11, there’s minimal chance Odunze or Nabers lasts that long, and as such I’d be hesitant to trade down if I was Arizona unless the package was astronomical.

><><><><

Also, I strongly disagree with the Falcons going defense at their pick. Obviously their pass rush has been awful the last few years, so I get why it’s mocked to them… but the top WR prospects and OT prospects are such better quality than the top defensive line prospects, and are positions of need, that I’d prioritize maximizing the offense around Kirk.
I like this post.

I have read that Arizona is fixed on MHJ and is not willing to trade back if he is available. No idea how true it is but I'd believe it since they have a second 1st rounder from the Houston trade last year. I could see them trading back in MHJ goes in the top 3 though.

The Chargers are noted as being willing to trade out of 5. They want more picks. I wouldnt blame them for taking a T (to be their RT) but I dont think they want an RT at 5 and would be willing to trade back and take one at 9 or 11 in order to get extra picks.

Giants have needs everywhere so I think they are a bit of a wildcard.

Tennessee will take a T. It is practically guaranteed after they signed Ridley to that stupidly expensive deal and how extremely bad their OL was last year.

I could see Atlanta taking a RT since Kirk is not known for being mobile before he suffered the Achilles injury and they have so much invested in offense solidifying the OL sounds smart, then they go defense the rest of the draft.

Chichago doesnt have a 2nd or a 3rd but I could see them taking Nabers or Odunze if they drop that far, or the top edge if all the picks in front of them are offensive guys.

It is shaping up to be extremely interesting but my gut is telling me that it is going to end up being a boring first round when no big trades into the top 10 happen.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers need a loving receiver stop mocking them a tackle
The argument there is that there is a ton of WR depth in the draft so, especially if they trade back and get an extra 2nd as part of the deal, they can get WRs. I'm not saying I agree with it.

edit: I guess part of it is that I could see Harbaugh banging the table for an elite OL so they can dominate the trenches, run, and have Herbie throw beautiful bombs to whatever WRs that they do have.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Rogue Elephant posted:

I just remember being baffled that they traded Diggs only to use the pick on a different WR
I thought it really funny that they did that because the last time they did it (Moss to Oakland) it... did not work out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vando posted:

The actual last time they did it (Harvin to Seattle) it also did not work out because they drafted a receiver who could not run routes but was the best kick returner of all time.
I forgot about that because Harvin was not very good, so I'm not sure it counts :colbert:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Docjowles posted:

Unfortunately the best they could do was Josh Reynolds

Man the Broncos pass catching situation is Bad. Maybe this will be the year Tim Patrick avoids a devastating offseason injury
This is Marvin Mims erasure and... it is not surprising because he didnt do much as a rookie last year. But I think he does good things this year, if #error# can air it out to him a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Black Lighter posted:

If he gets enough garbage time, he'll put up all-pro numbers :eng101:
The new Blake Bortles, but shorter and sober-er.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think the panthers are trying to improve the team to get their young QB some help so maybe he won’t be a bust and people will want to watch them
Noooo