Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Christian Wilkins looks like he's going to hit free agency, which makes me a little sad but I think it's the right decision at the price point.

For my money he's the single best run defending IDL in the league. He can play at any alignment or run fit responsibility, but I think you need to give him the flexibility to break containment and not stay disciplined to get your money's worth because he's great at pursuing from the backside and making tackles away from his area. He doesn't really ever leave the field either.

He's only an OK pass rusher, and I think that's really the problem with paying him- he doesn't really live up to a lot of the other guys getting mega-paid with the exception of Daron Payne(and really how the gently caress is he making that kind of money?). He was thoroughly mediocre until this last season, and I think that's to some degree Vic Fangio being a great stunt/game coach more than Wilkins merits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

It makes sense, Miami desperately needs someone who can be a short area YAC guy. There aren't a ton of guys who have a lower depth of target in the NFL than Smith. They've been absolutely dire there, despite what you'd expect from an offense closely related to San Francisco's and the slander that comes Tua's way.

Do hope he's a bridge to someone in the draft, though.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I think you can appreciate Arthur Smith paying his dues and being at least an NFL quality coach while also holding in your heart his father should go to the guillotine. He was a quality control coach for a zillion loving years, he paid his dues. Maybe he didn't have the same stresses that a quality control coach has making like $30k a year while working insane hours doing boring bullshit work, but he did it.

The other wild one is that Dolphins HOFer Zach Thomas's father was an incredibly wealthy oil guy who built a gigantic cross in the middle of nowhere in Texas.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Brandon Manumaleuna was cool, I was always jealous of the gigantic H-back

fartknocker posted:

Another classic example of “dude who always ended up on my team in Madden”, he was the quintessential blocking TE you had as 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart.

I used to get him and got good at basically making the game do wham blocks, it was great.