Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

It's more like, when Watson has a sluggish start for the first 6-7 games, everyone claims "rust" again, and the fans are about to riot for him to be benched in favor of Flacco mania. Jimmy doesn't want that dilemma.

Yeah that is the downside to Flacco it would be a QB contreversy because Watson has yet to cement himself as starter with a huge portion of the fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Derrick Henry and Keaton Mitchell will be an insanely good Thunder/Lightning RB combo, like all time great, if they both can be near the best versions of themselves. With age and injury that is a skyscraper sized "if".

Really really hope Jadeveon Clowney can somehow return to Baltimore. He deserves a 10 mil APY contract coming off last year, but the old pass rusher market has been garbage the past few years.

Don't forget Dobbins, that is really a disgusting RB room.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Dobbins is a ufa. He's openly complained about his usage in Baltimore and isn't going to get anything more than a vet minimum contract out of the team, so I strongly suspect he is gone for a prove it deal somewhere else.

Really? I thought this would be his 4th year.

Edit: he only had 3 stat lines in ESPN I missed he was out all of 2021.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Zach Wilson is better than a lot of these QBs teams are signing as backups.

He's on an expensive first round contract.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

mcmagic posted:

HOW DO TEAMS THIS loving STUPID WIN MORE THAN MY TEAM

Maybe because they still aren't as stupid as your team.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

mcmagic posted:

The browns have made some outragously stupid moves recently. i think it's pretty much blind luck.

Or good coaching?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Personally I am all for people seperating Jimmy Haslam from his money. And now that we are up against the cap it's happening more and more.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

Anything that hides additional Canton real estate behind walls is a good thing so I approve

So...the Hall of Fame village?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Is that Clowney’s fifth or sixth team?

Texans
Seahawks
Titans
Browns
Ravens
Panthers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ugh. Totally expected but still a bummer. Clowney's Ravens contract was such an insanely good deal. Unreasonable to hope they could repeat it.

I'm shocked that he's only stayed more than a single season in Houston and Cleveland.

Edit: and it was a near thing in Cleveland, latter half of his second year he was a dusruption in the locker room.