Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Kalli posted:

Chiefs are in the red by like $6m. They need most of that just to get above what they need for the rookie pool

Doesn’t that include Sneed’s 19 million on the tag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

I wonder if the Chiefs can work out a 3 year deal with Sneed, so his contract lines up with McDuffie after the 5th year option.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The Chiefs having a better WR room than Charger before the draft wasn’t something I saw coming.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

I think I’m inclined to take Michael Thomas over OBJ.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Forrest on Fire posted:

Chargers to draft Bowers at 6, go full Harball and average 170 passing yards/game. They go 12-5.

You mean Joe Alt and 90 yards passing

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

I’m really curious what the Chiefs would plan to do with that 20 million in cap space, if they move off Sneed. Get draft capital back for him instead of nothing is smart but the threepeat!

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

The Texans are going for it, as they should be. They might be the second best team in the AFC on paper, and they have a better roster than the Chiefs outside of, you know, Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs defense was/is the best unit in football and I’m not sure anyone else is close as long as Sneed is still on the team.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

So the Steelers have a month to decide on Fields 5th year option?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Fields getting turned into Hines Ward 2.0 would be the most hilarious outcome.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

JJ is super young, he just turned 21. He almost 3 full years younger than Bo Nix. The age curve is very real when it comes to draft.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Not getting a pick this year when going for the threepeat is weird. I am curious how Sneed was asking for. Also wtf are chiefs doing with this cap space now?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

$55 million guaranteed over 4 years doesn’t sound terrible

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Anyone estimate what comp pick the Chiefs would have gotten if Sneed just signed that contract without getting tagged?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

3rd, likely. MAYBE a 4th but its definitely high enough to be a 3rd

So the Chiefs moved up something like ~15 places in 3rd round next year depending on the titans performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Rogue0071 posted:

It's also worth noting that the comp picks can be offset by incoming free agents so if KC anticipates bringing in a big ticket free agent next season that might play into the thinking.

Maybe, I assumed that next season is paid Humphrey and some of more home ground talent. That said I have no idea how extensions and comp picks work.

It’s also a tradable asset if they want move up this year.