Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Gonna order my Caleb Williams Steelers jersey now and beat the rush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

I could narrowly get the Pats to the playoffs with him but I don't remember if I was ever able to win a playoff game.

You just chuck it deep to Marv Cook and hope Grogan throws a jump ball. If not it's an armpunt but it's not like you're moving the ball any other way in the playoffs anyway.

Almost as challenging is Brister because with his super high Passing Speed and super low everything else he throws low line drives all over the place, plus the Steelers have no receivers even as good as Marv Cook. But at least you get to use RodGod on defense.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 20, 2024

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

My 8 year old nephew got hooked on Tecmo playing it on an emulator at my house. His last birthday I hacked him into the game as a copy of QB Eagles and it blew his mind. :3:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I remember 20 years ago the Bills trying to trade up ahead of the Steelers from I think 14 to get Roethlisberger and being unable to do so, because the Browns loved Winslow Jr. too much, the Jaguars had to have Reggie Williams, and the Texans preferred Dunta Robinson to an extra first round pick (or, y'know, a franchise quarterback).

Trading up into the top 10 within a month of the draft is hard. Every team has a prospect or two they're in love with.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Arthur Smith hahahaha

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I think there will be like 17 long kickoff returns in the first 4 weeks and then approximately 0 thereafter, once special teams coaches figure them out

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

People buy tickets to slam some brewskis and yell hilarious insults

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The NFC South is the most nonsense division in a nonsense league, hell the Panthers could win 8 games and I'd barely blink and just be like, "the NFL, right??"

Also, bet against Tomlin (in the regular season) at your own peril for sure, but this might be the year the Steelers abruptly and totally collapse. If it starts going bad early it'll go real bad with Arthur and Russell's Three Ring Circus. I wouldn't bet their under at the usual -115, but if you gave me like +400 on them winning 5 or fewer games I might take it.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 1, 2024

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Man GMs just can't resist giving a QB that was once a top 5 pick chance after chance after chance until they get so old they need a walker to get to the huddle

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Intruder posted:

It's not closed as long as Allen is still there and not washed, but it does seem like they're punting on 2024 to try to reload for 2025

Clever way of getting rid of McDermott without drawing criticism, set him up to go 9-8 next year then fire him

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

What is it about the wide receiver position in particular that so many of the guys who are good at it are crazy?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

There has to be something mentally warping about being one of the most essential pieces of an NFL offense, but also sometimes getting under 5 targets in a given game. Players need to have insane levels of confidence to find any success at the pro level. Running 30 routes and honestly believing you were open on 30 of them probably drives folks crazy.

Yeah this is probably pretty much the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Intruder posted:

The Texans going full Texans after raising hopes so high is going to be brutal

Only for people who have never heard of the Texans before, everyone else knows what to expect.