Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Why all the Patrick Queen hate? He's an All-Pro linebacker. Just don't play him at Mike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As a lifelong enemy of Pittsburgh football I feel pretty good about Russell Wilson as a Steeler.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

xbilkis posted:

That Madubuike contract is waaaay more than I would feel comfortable giving him after an outlier year on a loaded defense.

Generally, I would agree with you, but Madibuke is an unusual case. He showed dramatic improvement every year, and his per snap numbers are pretty good throughout. The stacked defense you're referring to includes over the hill vets Jadeveon Clowney and Kyle Van Noy as the top edge rushers. Their production was largely attributable to what Madibuke was doing in the interior. The last factor is simply the lack of alternatives. Without Madibuke the Ravens' pass rush is the all talent no production players led by Odafe Oweh, who has shaped up to be the absolute king of huge potential with mediocre output.

It has the potential to backfire, but I'm happy with the signing. Better than seeing him have his best years elsewhere after getting trained up in Baltimore like happened with Zadarius Smith and Matt Judon.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Silly Burrito posted:

Who is the KC backup QB? Russ should go there for another ring.

Why? What's the value in a ring as a back up QB after you've won as a starter?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I do not like this. Henry is years overdue for the wheels falling off and I don't even know if he fits the Ravens offense. Should be a decent pass blocker at least.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FizFashizzle posted:

I know one team where he'd be a starter!

/checks which ravens poster this is

This loving rules. Henry running against dime defenses, or running the option with Lamar is loving awesome.

go the ravens bitch

Go Ravens indeed. I just don't know that Henry has the acceleration to make edge rushers pay for targeting Lamar on those options runs. He should be great for the teams RedZone production. Can pound the rock in short yardage and is going to demand attention in a way that will be a big for misdirection.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Oh man, gently caress that. Hopefully he carries the losing streak against Pittsburgh we maintained his entire career in Baltimore. He's a real good player though. Here's hoping Pittsburgh asks him to do too much and he returns to his early career bad play.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Bismack Billabongo posted:

No. He called a guy at picklemans the f word, the guys female friend called mixon the n word, and mixon clocked her so hard she bashed her face on a table on her way down. Dude loving sucks

Yeah. gently caress Joe Mixon forever. He and Tyreek really prove there are no consequences if you can ball.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Derrick Henry and Keaton Mitchell will be an insanely good Thunder/Lightning RB combo, like all time great, if they both can be near the best versions of themselves. With age and injury that is a skyscraper sized "if".

Really really hope Jadeveon Clowney can somehow return to Baltimore. He deserves a 10 mil APY contract coming off last year, but the old pass rusher market has been garbage the past few years.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MakaVillian posted:

I don't think the edge rushers who can get an arm on Henry, because he's a tick slower, are going to be able to actually do anything to bring him down. Opens up a lot of playaction possibilities with stacked boxes trying to stop both Henry and Lamar running too.

Historically this hasn't been true. Henry has a lot of carries for -2 or -3. When a defender can get to him before he gets momentum they can usually hold him up long enough for the defense to dog pile him. Henry lines up deep so often to get that build up speed.

It will be very interesting to see how he looks in a Baltimore offense.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Flikken posted:

Don't forget Dobbins, that is really a disgusting RB room.

Dobbins is a ufa. He's openly complained about his usage in Baltimore and isn't going to get anything more than a vet minimum contract out of the team, so I strongly suspect he is gone for a prove it deal somewhere else.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Nope, fourth year was last year. Of course, he's only really played 2 years because of two early season ending injuries.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He’s lost his topend speed but our oline hosed him the last two seasons, he was getting drilled behind the line a ton.

He is, generally speaking, not a great pass catcher. Him being on the field telegraphs your intentions

He is however a competent passer of the football. Henry has what, like five touchdown passes? Think maybe two of those came against Baltimore.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

abelwingnut posted:

doesn't mitchell's injury have a poor rate of successful return?

It's an ACL and he's a running back. Sometimes people come back without missing a step. Sometimes they take time to get all the way back to form. Sometimes it's the beginning of the end, see Dobbins, J.K. It just can't be assumed.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Blind Pineapple posted:

He's gonna be playing along side TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith...

That's actually a really good signing by the Steelers who are going to have an absolutely smothering defense when TJ is healthy, and still an above average one when he's not. If Russ can avoid completely making GBS threads the bed, they might be a fringe contender.

Asking Queen to do too much is making him responsible for pass coverage over the middle of the field. He's great playing down hill, and strong with limited responsibilities in coverage, but if you get too much eye candy in front of him he's likely to get burned on crossers.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mystic Stylez posted:

Patrick Queen and Geno Stone with the low blows, smh

At least Isaiah Likely is a good dude.

https://twitter.com/DaGorilla4/status/1767661594643705975?t=xYsJDuvb-GaJWjQBkvmbCg&s=19

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Assuming Brown can stay healthy, that's a good signing for the Chiefs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Russell on the absolute minimum and Fields for a 6th round pick is a ridiculously better QB situation than 3rd year Kenny Pickett. That's two legitimate swings at the position at basically no cost.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Exactly why did Panthers cut Bradley Bozeman? It's hard to imagine a vet guard with 4 good years of play was the problem in Carolina.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Okay. Then my follow up question is why hasn't Bradley Bozeman already been hired by any team looking for a starting guard? His market has always confused the hell out of me. Should have gotten way more than a one year prove it when he originally hit FA, then should have gotten a bigger payday when he did in fact prove it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Patterson is one of those dudes whose play should have fallen off a cliff forever ago. I'll believe he's cooked when I see it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ugh. Totally expected but still a bummer. Clowney's Ravens contract was such an insanely good deal. Unreasonable to hope they could repeat it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

This would be pretty funny since JK bitched about Greg Roman to the press, like a lot.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

mcmagic posted:

Will he though?

He was a very very big deal coming out of Carolina.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

fartknocker posted:

I reposted it last week in the Offseason thread, and the original posts from 2013 (:corsair:) if you want to see the reactions at the time are one of the threads linked in archived/goldmine stuff in the stickied thread.

It is very validating that the first folks who recognized the genius of MattRyan.txt were all AFC North posters.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens' best draft picks of the past decade are from Louisville, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame. Not too worried about any specific college pipelines breaking down.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ornery and Hornery posted:

After this upcoming season, add Minnesota to the list of schools.

Danny F is gonna be an all pro.

Can't agree. Feeling too burned right now after revisiting the 2021 Goon Draft where I picked Rashod Bateman for the Ravens, a sure thing #1WR out of Minnesota.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There has to be something mentally warping about being one of the most essential pieces of an NFL offense, but also sometimes getting under 5 targets in a given game. Players need to have insane levels of confidence to find any success at the pro level. Running 30 routes and honestly believing you were open on 30 of them probably drives folks crazy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Freaquency posted:

That’s Ravens Legend Nelson Agholor you’re besmirching tyvm

Actually I don’t really know what happened there, he was apparently a joke with Philly but now he seems fine? I can’t think of any egregious drops and he was one of the more dependable pass catchers on the roster last season

Yes you can.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1711096195118997536?t=-7MOQLXKloptPMbk-LZNKw&s=19

Admittedly that was a day with 6 other Ravens drops, including at least 2 other TDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Docjowles posted:

I could have sworn we did Agholor chat like a month ago and all the Ravens posters piled in to say he’s good actually

It's true. He was good. He was just also still Nelson Agholor.