Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hell yes keep Tranquil. That’s a hell of a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chris Jones please sign the paper

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

that was weirdly fast. i can't remember the last time we got a franchise tagged player signed that quick

Jaylon Johnson did it like two days faster.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

drat I was kinda hoping he’d hit FA and come to the Chiefs on an MVS deal.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ekeler is pretty good for a running back in his 30s

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

Yeah, but they also gotta be cap compliant tomorrow.

If they trade for a franchised wr they can’t keep sneed on the tag I think.

Either way this move puts them at 15m under and I’d assume there’s something coming at some point.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

They'll be signing free agent wide receiver Marquez Valdez-Scantling to a big 3 year deal

Playoff MVS is undefeated.

E: chiefs rookie pool is estimated to be 2.7m in cap space.

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 13, 2024

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mystic Stylez posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1767715723718402185?t=kHd9Pojgt6eBRd3almSAww&s=19

Bryce gets his WR1!

(I literally never heard this guy's name before)

Didn’t make the Final Cut with the chiefs. Panthers signed him last year.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs re-signed Wharton and Nnadi

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If you told me he was going to run for Senate one day, I would believe you.

Perfectly boring in every way.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Who knows. I’d be very surprised if a 3rd got it done but I’ve found out time and again that I know nothing.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

I've been thinking a lot about that Monty Python sketch where the fourth castle stays up

Justin Fields burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp.

But Caleb Williams. He Stayed Up.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Docjowles posted:

They’d be insane to trade JJ, I don’t get why he is constantly the subject of trade rumors. I guess if he pitches a fit and holds out you could think about it. Even if you get 3 firsts or something, what are the odds that any of those picks develop into a player close to as good as Jefferson?

I think at that point you’re accepting you won’t replace him but instead of having 1 A+ player you may end up with 3B+ with upside?

It’s a dumb gamble but it happens.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Not great compensation

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Calidus posted:

Not getting a pick this year when going for the threepeat is weird. I am curious how Sneed was asking for. Also wtf are chiefs doing with this cap space now?

Rumors were he wanted 4y/88m and significant guarantees.

I’d assume they either go get some bargain bin free agents to fill out the line. Maybe sign Mike Danna again. Gotta find an LT still. Or they go ahead and extend some guys who are coming due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs signed Danna to a 3 year deal.

Nice.