Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

2024 Russell Wilson is not going to outperform 2024 Justin Fields.

Fields will cost a lot more, for sure.

2023 Russell Wilson outperformed 2023 Justin Fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Black Lighter posted:

Is there anything to indicate that he would settle for the minimum, tho? Like, is it a situation where the Broncos are obligated to pay the difference between the money they guaranteed him and his new one, so he might as well just take the most team-friendly deal he can?

The Broncos are obligated to pay him the difference. He’s making 39 million no matter what, the only question is how much of it the Broncos pay.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was going to post that y'all are ignoring Fields' legs, but his combined yardage is still smaller than Russ and he lost four of his ten fumbles. The bears really fell apart in the second half of the year.

The Bears improved in the second half of the year but Fields was pretty much the same guy all season long outside of his games against Washington and Denver.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Which they ultimately do with a record of 8-10. They will lose in the Wild Card round to a 13-5 team from the NFC West.

They win the Wild Card round vs the Cowboys.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Russ is a bad fit for modern NFL schemes but he can still throw a pretty nice deep ball and can kinda run so I can see him doing alright in Arthur Smith’s Tennessee offense that was mostly running the ball and then bombs off play action.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

I don't know about 4th or lower, but just compare him to Nick Chubb in the same draft. Chubb was a round later and has higher volume and rate stats (a full yard per carry higher) despite fewer touches. Barkley just had that great rookie year.

Okay, how about all the other guys taken in that draft?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought you couldn't post june 1st designate trades, isn't that the only way to spread the hit?

You can’t, that whole post is stupid.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Ask people who watched Mac Jones or Zach Wilson either of the last two years if this happened

Mac Jones’ rookie season would be the 2nd best season ever by a Bears QB.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

that seems like a crazy reach for JJ McCarthy

It is and it may all end up being smoke screens or silly season rumors, but there are some teams that NEED a QB and the class next year looks a little barren at the moment.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BlindSite posted:

There's scuttlebutt that Nabers is higher on some boards than MHJ, I don't necessarily believe it but Nabers going at 5 wouldn't be a shock to me.

I don’t think Nabers going at 5 would shock anyone, seems like he gets mocked to the Chargers pretty often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Brees made Payton.

He got production out of Teddy, Jameis, and washed Russ. He’s also an insane perfectionist which is what a team like the Broncos needs right now to just instill a basic level of accountability and competence.