Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I really think the Steelers should take a long look at Ryan Tannehill, and maybe update their offense a bit with some more west coast concepts. He'd be an instant upgrade imo, and might be enough to take the Steelers to the playoffs if they play similar to last year. He also shouldn't completely break the bank compared to a guy like Cousins, but who knows how it shakes out.

I don't think that production accurately represents him as a player, he still has some value.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Cousins to the Falcons makes sense, he's enough of an improvement over Ridder to immediately make that team the favorite in that poo poo-rear end division

Preemptive lmao at how much money he's gonna get though. I feel like he has to take the securing the bag crown from Sam Bradford at this point.

At least he plays football games unlike Sam Bradford. Mostly he does anyways. But yeah no one's played the money game quite as well as Kirko Bangz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mixon is just a workhorse. Big, solid, durable, will get you three yards but doesn't really flash any special characteristics. Surprised he got paid like this but good for him.

e: or maybe not good for him, just remembering that he broke a womans face

Play
Apr 25, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I am so tired of seeing “another weapon for $shittyQB” every time a WR is signed somewhere

It's incongruous with the detail-oriented tweet itself. Yes, we know what a wide receiver does, the quarterback throws passes to them. We can decide for ourselves how we think it will go.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

McCarthy threw the ball so little that you can just project all your deepest prospect desires onto him and no one can say any diffeent, that's the magic right there

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Thinking about the Chargers signing Will Dissley and how good a signing that was

that's actually listed in the DSM-5 as a precursor to insanity

FizFashizzle posted:

Titans think they might have the coveted “good qb on rookie contract” and are going all in. Same with Houston.

Carolina otoh is starting a full rebuild.

key word there is definitely 'think'

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Panthers still looking like the worst team in the league. And it doesn't seem particularly close, Patriots are the only team that comes to mind who might be close but at least they have a top 3 pick.

Rough

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ehhh Payton's a good enough coach they probably end up with a mediocre season like 7-10 or something. that's if he can't finagle a qb somehow

Yeah I agree. I think they'll have a similar year to last year which was 8 and 9. Plus or minus two wins

Panthers are gonna win a maximum of five games imo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Might as well wait and see before we panic with the Panthers. Last year was rock bottom for the franchise. I have no expectations.

Hey it could still get worse, they won two games last year

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Diggs has been a malcontent and a malingerer recently, from what I can tell. Just kind of bad vibes in the locker room. Thinks he's open on every play, throwing up the hand but in fact he isn't. Terrible body language if he doesn't get the ball. Fought with and criticized teammates and staff. Said things in the media and online that were kinda snarky. Doesn't take responsibility.

More importantly maybe, he started playing more poorly and almost single handedly ruined two drives in their most recent playoff loss, with two drops including a potential 55 yarder, and a fumble. Started dropping passes frequently, actually. Was apparently taking himself out of the game multiple times late last season.

Basically a very similar story as in Minnesota. I like the guy, I think he certainly has plenty more to give, but this move doesn't surprise me at all even with that huge dead cap hit.

I wouldn't give him a super long contract because it seems like there is sort of a time limit, say two years, after which he starts getting unhappy with things.

Play fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

wasn't there ongoing friction between allen and diggs? they seemed to click at first, but it just went rocky for some reason.

that reason is most likely Stefon Diggs. I remember during some game Diggs was yelling at Allen and the quarterbacks coach until they basically just walked away from him. I think that was the moment I realized he was probably done there one way or another.

Eric the Mauve posted:

What is it about the wide receiver position in particular that so many of the guys who are good at it are crazy?

I'm honestly not sure. It's a weird generalization that you wouldn't expect to be true but is absolutely, 100% true. Not even crazy per se, but just the diva cliche