Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

thread title says it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
oops.

code does not work if you have a trailing blank in field 4

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

thread title underspecified

I believe you mean that if the code typechecks, ship the code (since it's correct by construction)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dijkstracula posted:

thread title underspecified

I believe you mean that if the code typechecks, ship the code (since it's correct by construction)

that was implied yeah

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
call my code Titanic cuz that poo poo always crashes

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

sorry this could be better set up to reduce code duplication please abstract everything by about 4 or 5 layers pr rejected

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

YOUR CODE A WRONG DO IT AGAIN

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
don't forget the prod config is ever so slightly different from staging

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Radio Paranoia posted:

don't forget the prod config is ever so slightly different from staging

oh also the production and testing devices run separate branched operating system versions and have different modeling and also production and testing output are mutually exclusive and heavily distinct so you can’t test production output on testing devices sorry

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

WHY IS THERE BUGS???????? YOU RUIN EVERYTHING

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

marketing just added 15 new features, these need to be added asap because we're still shipping on the same date

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing
putting a meeting on your calendar to discuss this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sweevo posted:

marketing just added 15 new features, these need to be added asap because we're still shipping on the same date

thats right

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

weve already committed to our customers, so...

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

fart simpson posted:

weve already committed to our customers, so...

i'm willing to step up and work nights and weekends, making everyone else look bad and permanently lowering the bar for management doing their job 🫡

as long as my raise is 30% of inflation it will all have been worth it

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Don't worry, I expectation set with the PM that time zone support will be a fast follow.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

how about a no code solution, think of all the money you could save without programmers

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

remove all files from teh repo except the readme which is just an ascii butt:

(_!_)

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

please tag your nsfw posts

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

teh butts

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
the code doesnt work tho

like there is code for the feature, but it does not implement that feature. mostly it just makes the system more brittle for no discernible functionality

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

call my code Titanic cuz that poo poo always crashes

call me iceberg slim cuz i'm the reason shipping was a bad idea

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

DaTroof posted:

call me iceberg slim cuz i'm the reason shipping was a bad idea

lmao

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park
the CI system says "WARNING: Canary error rate 100% vs Prod 0.001% error rate" probably just a bug in CI, right? OK if I override?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

cheque_some posted:

the CI system says "WARNING: Canary error rate 100% vs Prod 0.001% error rate" probably just a bug in CI, right? OK if I override?

i love how former coworker used to be a giant stickler about having tests cosistently pass because tolerating even obvious erroneous failures would be an impediment to hiring, and has completely 180ed on caring about this after switching to management

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

i love how former coworker used to be a giant stickler about having tests cosistently pass because tolerating even obvious erroneous failures would be an impediment to hiring, and has completely 180ed on caring about this after switching to management

poo poo changes when you see it from different viewpoints :shrug:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

poo poo changes when you see it from different viewpoints :shrug:

does it change? or does your perception of it change. can the observer affect the observed simply by observing???

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fart simpson posted:

does it change? or does your perception of it change. can the observer affect the observed simply by observing???

fart pls

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
if the chode works....

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

that makes no sense. customers ARE a bunch of constantly howling brainless rabid animals that keep asking for treats despite breaking things and making GBS threads everywhere all the time. they are to be tolerated only as long as they keep paying and put down asap otherwise

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
just heard back from the customer, apparently the code we shipped is not working?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

that makes no sense. customers ARE a bunch of constantly howling brainless rabid animals that keep asking for treats despite breaking things and making GBS threads everywhere all the time. they are to be tolerated only as long as they keep paying and put down asap otherwise
                 /

(this is a very good post/av pairing)

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

my homie dhall posted:

just heard back from the customer, apparently the code we shipped is not working?

clearly they are mistaken and you should inform them that it does work

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

will this introduce backwards compat issues for enterprise customers that are 30 major versions behind stable release ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bloody posted:

will this introduce backwards compat issues for enterprise customers that are 30 major versions behind stable release ?

feature flags and suffering