Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

actually darby allin is going to die for real on mount everest

No Darby is fated to die from like a ddt bump or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Boy that Adam Cole segment sure stood in stark contrast to the second half of the show tonight.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the talky segment was good it just wasnt anywhere near as good as the wrestling.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's crazy how Ospreay immediately feels like the main character. Just a perfect match between individual wrestler and the company's general ethos. He is The Feeling

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

it is loving insane that this company has full time Ospreay, Okada, Jay White, Danielson, Claudio, Samoa Joe, Edge, Christian, the Young Bucks, Hangman Page, Swerve Strickland, Pentagon Jr, Rey Fenix, PAC, Kyle O'Reilly, Orange Cassidy, and then guys like Danny Garcia and Darby Allin and Hook bringing it up and you got joshis being booked and Kris Statlander and Mercedes Mone is coming and there's a bunch of cool CMLL luchadors running around and what the gently caress what the gently caress

We're so elevated

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Boy that Adam Cole segment sure stood in stark contrast to the second half of the show tonight.

The first 40 minutes and the final 80 minutes felt like two different companies

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ghost Dog posted:

the talky segment was good it just wasnt anywhere near as good as the wrestling.

Yeah it just went a tiny bit too long and was a little tropey but it set up some good stuff for the future imo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i liked the opening promo besides opening the show with a promo when id always prefer a hot match, but then swerve went from wanting to fight joe to just immediately wanting to team with him to take on some underling geeks. for a show that has been going away from wwe tropes lately it stuck out in a bad way. thank god for that 2nd hour

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

xbilkis is right.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Chris James 2 posted:

The first 40 minutes and the final 80 minutes felt like two different companies

Exactly and I didn't even hate the first part, it was just so different.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Show good
AEW good
Haters dumb, bad and always wrong

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

xbilkis posted:

It's crazy how Ospreay immediately feels like the main character. Just a perfect match between individual wrestler and the company's general ethos. He is The Feeling

you're totally right. Him in that main event felt like how it felt to watch Bret Hart in WWF back in like 94.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

Cole always feels like a fan playing pro wrestler to me rather than an actual pro wrestler. I don't know why exactly, but it's never connected.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sir Tonk posted:

Exactly and I didn't even hate the first part, it was just so different.

I did hate the first part badly but like show didn't even gradually get better it was like "ok enough if this poo poo" and got good in a hurry. I think the Wednesday Night Raw turned from an insult to accurate as thus was like an Attitude Era raw of being a loving awful opening and the lows were bad but the main event scene and the parts people will remember are so good it doesn't matter and all people will talk about is William the Thrilliam.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Mikey Rukus still has us lightin' the fuse

(Wtf awful app won't led me upload - anyways song's on YouTube and light the fuse feel the boom is 33sec in or so)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

yea ok posted:

i liked the opening promo besides opening the show with a promo when id always prefer a hot match, but then swerve went from wanting to fight joe to just immediately wanting to team with him to take on some underling geeks. for a show that has been going away from wwe tropes lately it stuck out in a bad way. thank god for that 2nd hour

Same – opening of the show was a solid 50/50 for me. I thought at first they didn't load the show up because they were going to go nuts with the season premiere and have Swerve win the belt tonight once Joe came out. The tag match was fine but meant nothing to me. The rest of the show was great, though, aside from Jericho leaching off of Hook.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yea ok posted:

I can buy Swerve teaming with Joe because Joe hasn't really wronged him, he just has the title that Swerve wants. I'm less clear why Joe wants to fight Undisputed who basically handed him that title though.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

elevate my stonks to the skyyyyy

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Cole always feels like a fan playing pro wrestler to me rather than an actual pro wrestler. I don't know why exactly, but it's never connected.

Now more than ever I don't think Cole should ever be world champ in AEW.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shard posted:

Now more than ever I don't think Cole should ever be world champ in AEW.

I think Hangman made sure that will never happen

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i think a short hop made sure that will never happen

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MJF pre Cole: pretty good!
Bucks pre Cole: great!

MJF and Bucks involved with Cole: grimace

Bucks now, very post-Cole: hell yeah!

hopefully the trend continues

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

For a guy that height it was a pretty tall hop

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

cole never learned how to short hop, he never learned how to hyper hop, he doesn't know to hold the button to link moves, he'll never be good at King of Fighters

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
We're gonna have to kill Adam Cole on bte again

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

We're gonna have to kill Adam Cole on bte again

It's BTDO now so he'll fit right in

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

they need the keep swerve a nasty lil fucker. the crowd will still cheer for him. i dont need him to do the same road to damascus contrition thing mjf did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Wrong thread