Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve Joe vs Kingdom 1 1.28%
Hook vs Cage 2 2.56%
Killswitch vs Magic 1 1.28%
Riho vs Stat 4 5.13%
Ospreay vs Kyle 70 89.74%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Swerve is a face because gently caress Hangman and his goofy baby, Swerve should have punted it like Shnitsky. Swerve for Champ is Big Business

it was a missed opportunity to replace his old cornfed trailer park boys for another one, and have Snitsky come into Mogul Embassy to do that bit lol

Alexander Hamilton posted:

My guess is that it's going to end with Swerve making amends and Hangman somehow backing Swerve up to help him win the championship, which would be pretty fun.

Hangman is 1000% never getting over it for a year or so, between this and the Elite hiring the man he originally wanted to face in singles combat, the dude is going to be extremely unhinged and lead to some crazy awesome poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

DLC Inc posted:

I gotta say my one gripe with the storyline is def trying to paint Swerve as a face after he invaded Hangman's loving home. All of Adam's madness was completely validated! This guy invaded his house and taunted his infant kid! They need to hammer this home and just let Swerve be a tweener, he isn't gonna work as a babyface. Let him stay as a desperate madman, all 3 guys are insane at this point. It works anyway for whenever face Ospreay inevitably challenges the eventual champ Swerve.

taunting kids is cool and no one has ever told me im a bad guy for taunting kids in the park

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I gotta say my one gripe with the storyline is def trying to paint Swerve as a face after he invaded Hangman's loving home. All of Adam's madness was completely validated! This guy invaded his house and taunted his infant kid! They need to hammer this home and just let Swerve be a tweener, he isn't gonna work as a babyface. Let him stay as a desperate madman, all 3 guys are insane at this point. It works anyway for whenever face Ospreay inevitably challenges the eventual champ Swerve.

One of the worst things in wrestling is when someone gets over as a vicious blood thirsty heel so the promotion decides the best way to ride that momentum is turning them face and having them apologize.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Shinjobi posted:

Someone suggested it earlier but I think there's a good chance Baker returns tonight as an initial swerve

Would that initiate a Britt-Mercedes feud as opposed to a Serena-Mercedes feud that’s been speculated on? I think I’d prefer Deeb as Mercedes first opponent.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I have and always will love the voice of Carl Brutananadilewski. :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Swerve just wanted to give a t-shirt to the baby. Who wants free merchandise?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

One of the worst things in wrestling is when someone gets over as a vicious blood thirsty heel so the promotion decides the best way to ride that momentum is turning them face and having them apologize.

I think it's better that they don't constantly fight the crowds who want to cheer for the cool guy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

I think it's better that they don't constantly fight the crowds who want to cheer for the cool guy.

You can cheer people who threaten a baby, it's legal and cool

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I do not want to root for the guy who loves his baby daughter, I want to root for the guy who will do anything to win the AEW world title

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1768008105802301769?s=20

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

9306 people geared up for a huge win for Wardlow. The Wardogs will be howling tonight!!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that's some incredible late movement if accurate, Wrestletix had them at 7,580 seven hours ago

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Seamus news leaked

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

THUNDEROUS dueling "Mr. Wardlow" and "Let's Go Sheamus" chants at Big Business tonight, on this most indelible day in AEW history

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Barry Bluejeans posted:

that's some incredible late movement if accurate, Wrestletix had them at 7,580 seven hours ago

Don't they usually do good walk ups?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
yeah but those tend to be 500 or so sold over the course of the entire last day, not ~1700 in seven hours

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jiro posted:

I have and always will love the voice of Carl Brutananadilewski. :allears:

like it's tearing rear end around the backyard but it's standing still. still waters run deep

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
penta and okada are going to meet in the middle of the ring in just a few hours, and kazu will get piefaced.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Barry Bluejeans posted:

yeah but those tend to be 500 or so sold over the course of the entire last day, not ~1700 in seven hours

Looks like they are doing some....

Big Business

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Majinfoose posted:

Looks like they are doing some....

Big Business

or big lying

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

On The Internet posted:

There are dozens of us that say it! (actually I think it brings us to 3 that I know of)

Four.

STIHLLAHS GONNA SUPAH BOWL!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Sheamus is gonna cancel Darby's death by mountain climbing by Brogue Kicking him and he explodes like Mr. Potatohead

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

wow, three billion dollars for one show

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Draxion posted:

Hey HEY show some respect, you forgot to carry the five

3.2 billy

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Who's got $345k for a single ticket? I could get one but then I'd have no money for nachos. People in Boston must be rich

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Draxion posted:

suddenly Punk seems silly complaining about the threats posed to million-dollar gates

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

✅ The Study

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/PlatinumMax/status/1767997930613440951
ok max is turning heel

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://x.com/SoDuTw/status/1768001227709726987?s=20

I really doubt he comes back so quickly and I really hope he doesn't lol. things were going so well

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

had an extremely cursed thought that they would start a faction called “the cancelled” or something

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm glad they have each other looking out for each other.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tweak posted:

had an extremely cursed thought that they would start a faction called “the cancelled” or something

would love a sam and max freelance culture police team

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

https://x.com/SoDuTw/status/1768001227709726987?s=20

I really doubt he comes back so quickly and I really hope he doesn't lol. things were going so well

Isn't the x user banned here?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder if Sammy will have a pithy response to Mone's joining the company.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shard posted:

Isn't the x user banned here?

I was too lazy to find anyone else who had listened to the podcast

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

This is a typo, he meant to write GLEAT, Sammy and max to quit and go to Japan confirmed

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

Sheamus is gonna cancel Darby's death by mountain climbing by Brogue Kicking him and he explodes like Mr. Potatohead

its me, the guy screaming FELLA so loud you can hear it across the continent

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I have been on vacation in DC and I'm going to get some dinner delivered to the hotel so I can watch Mercedes debut! Also my feet hurt and I don't want to walk anymore, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sheamus vs Danielson at All In