Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Crazypoops posted:

All I heard was setting police stations on fire and now I know where to vacation.

You're in luck, Royal Caribbean is still docking there:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/labadee-haiti-cruises-royal-caribbean/index.html

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Taking a cruise to every failing colonial project to throw a Molotov

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
have ansarallah team up with the haitian gangs

captured cruise ship becomes a floating Tu-2 Hedgehog

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

they're now fighting over the presidential palace. also guy phillipe, the death squad leader/drug smuggler who overthew aristide is calling for henry to step down so he can become president

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/09/haiti-crisis-heavy-gunfire-reported-close-to-port-au-princes-national-palace

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

(blowing away un troop) i just wanna grill for god sakes

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the united states keeps losing wars djue to selecting wars with retarded win conditions. the pacification of haiti would be one such

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh is it time for the US to gently caress over Haiti again because their guy is being an embarassment?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh is it time for the US to gently caress over Haiti again because their guy is being an embarassment?

well guy phillipe has already received cia training to overthrow one government and he only spent four years in prison despite the massive international operation to arrest him so I think america already has their replacement ready

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

every gang leader they interview is/was a cop lol

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

every gang leader they interview is/was a cop lol

haiti doesn't have a military so yeah every gang leader is just a semi-freelance cop

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

500excf type r posted:

There are a lot of reasons to lol at the power projection capacity and material logistics of the us military or clown on the stereotype of the us infantryman and his dodge challenger but none of those things involve their individual ability to fight man to man and you would be a fool to think that

hahahahahahaha

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

haiti doesn't have a military so yeah every gang leader is just a semi-freelance cop

Sam and Max ride again

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s kind of magical that we can’t even make it through one page of posts about Haiti without somebody riding to the defense of the honor of burger troops

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Look I can ignore digs at Kenyan troops but when you start insulting American troops? you hosed up buddy

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

burger troops arrive in haiti and their first mission

secure the local mc donalds

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The unbeatable American infantryman has spent the last 79 years losing wars lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Homeless Friend posted:

this has been in the background for a while but ukraine isn't the only amerikkka project exploding due to funding gridlock

lol this is the guy the U.S. killed his opponent to get him in right?

i should go see if my wife's family has taken any territory

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s kind of magical that we can’t even make it through one page of posts about Haiti without somebody riding to the defense of the honor of burger troops

It's not defending the honor of burger troops, it is the braindead underestimation of the opposition reinforced by the follow up responses to my original comment

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

In a rush to lose 3 wars at once.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

here's for more :cheerdoge:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

tristeham posted:

here's for more :cheerdoge:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Also the Christ hedges video led me to a 3 part documentary on BBQ I'm currently working through. Very spicy videos, had to take a break because of some harrowing footage. Watch with discretion.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

smelly greasy goon fingers coated with cheeto dust "the burger troops are the best fighting force in the history of mankind"

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

500excf type r posted:

It's not defending the honor of burger troops, it is the braindead underestimation of the opposition reinforced by the follow up responses to my original comment

My infantry can beat up your infantry :smug:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

500excf type r posted:

not sure where you got the idea that they were good fighters

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

burger troops arrive in haiti and their first mission

secure the local mc donalds

thats ridiculous they always secure the same place to use as a citadel of american power

the best western

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Bro Dad posted:

thats ridiculous theyll just use the same place they always use as a citadel of american power

the best western

hearing reports of the best western burning down

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

guess that means no more missionary groups, aid spooks, or celebrity journalists :smith:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont think people really get how much life is about day-to-day survival in the neoliberal haiti the united states imposed. people who have been tortured by papa doc and baby doc would opine for the good old days, when there was adequate food

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

500excf type r posted:

hooah, warfighter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Al! posted:

i dont think people really get how much life is about day-to-day survival in the neoliberal haiti the united states imposed. people who have been tortured by papa doc and baby doc would opine for the good old days, when there was adequate food

despite it being hundreds of years ago they've got to be punished for slaves rising up and gaining freedom

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

apparently the current plan is guy phillipe forming some kind of powersharing agreement with the old aristide leftist coalition under jean-charles moise

i imagine it will last as long as it takes for the cia to ship in some heavy weapons for phillipe (especially since moise says nice things about putin) just like the last few times this happened

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

sounds like a total winner

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

gotta hand it to moise for picking the most Upper Class Haitian stereotype to ever exist as his cutout

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

hooah, warfighter

It’s the hamburger hill he wants to die on and honestly I say let him

Bro Dad posted:

gotta hand it to moise for picking the most Upper Class Haitian stereotype to ever exist as his cutout

That’s a mighty stern look

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

DaysBefore posted:

Well actually, they won in Grenada! And Korea was a draw/never finished.

500excf type r posted:

This you?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Weka posted:

Well actually, they won in Grenada! And Korea was a draw/never finished.

This you?

Yes, mods please ban this rear end in a top hat for doxxing

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1767160777465532702

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

A prelude to a bombing campaign or did something else happen