Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

so phillippe is a us asset right? he lead death squads periodically throughout the 2000s and participated in an attempted coup pretty much every year from 2000-2004.
then they spring him out of jail early and ship him to haiti in the middle of a full collapse after the most recent us-backed coup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Hatebag posted:

so phillippe is a us asset right? he lead death squads periodically throughout the 2000s and participated in an attempted coup pretty much every year from 2000-2004.
then they spring him out of jail early and ship him to haiti in the middle of a full collapse after the most recent us-backed coup

He's been a US asset since he was sent to a School of the Americas farm academy in the 90s, but yeah I imagine there's a bunch of very mad DEA agents who built their careers on his arrest

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

unintended side-benefit of having the world's largest prison system is you can summon hosed up killers to take over other countries like you're a power rangers villain

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

barbecue will grill him

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bro Dad posted:

He's been a US asset since he was sent to a School of the Americas farm academy in the 90s, but yeah I imagine there's a bunch of very mad DEA agents who built their careers on his arrest

looks like they also had emmanuel constant aka toto constant strung up on financial charges until 2020 as well. another death squad guy. he was paroled off a 37 year sentence. wonder what he's up to

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

barbecue will grill him

let him cook

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Also the Christ hedges video led me to a 3 part documentary on BBQ I'm currently working through. Very spicy videos, had to take a break because of some harrowing footage. Watch with discretion.

can you link us to this resource, or provide the worldcat.org entry?

--a bbq enthusiast

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Consolidated Ed posted:

can you link us to this resource, or provide the worldcat.org entry?

--a bbq enthusiast
Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlgD5PozR5U

It's extremely pro-BBQ

Edit: i should note that there are pictures of gang violence and people getting very hurt. It is a documentary and it has a lot of violence. I've only watched the first one to completion so I'm only going to post that one because I dunno how bad it gets in the later ones.

Cpt_Obvious has issued a correction as of 20:22 on Mar 11, 2024

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Jimmy BBQ is on X (the site formerly known as Twitter) now?
https://twitter.com/jimmy_bbq/status/1765910841629532301?t=mz7xiVzVbHlS9BJwgUNr0Q&s=19

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/USEmbassyJA/status/1767240673990680931?t=PktCkN3Y85IAsNFWGbqSHA&s=19

The US has sent its dumbest official to sort this out

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

He tagged the US embassy to Haiti too lmao.

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 20:50 on Mar 11, 2024

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Sounds like... they are making GBS threads themselves

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Part 1:

It's extremely pro-BBQ

Edit: i should note that there are pictures of gang violence and people getting very hurt. It is a documentary and it has a lot of violence. I've only watched the first one to completion so I'm only going to post that one because I dunno how bad it gets in the later ones.

ty

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

jimmy underscore bbq, you gotta love it folks

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bro Dad posted:

unintended side-benefit of having the world's largest prison system is you can summon hosed up killers to take over other countries like you're a power rangers villain

lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Is the current President the one who was placed in power without an election after the last president was assassinated in murky circumstances?

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice
weird how that school of the americas training center keeps producing fascist psychos

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Consolidated Ed posted:

weird how that school of the americas training center keeps producing fascist psychos

probably not enough funding for the school. a real shame

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

A bit blown away how openly the National Endowment for Democracy is nakedly involved in just about all of the events precipitating this crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E3TH6XA4Ao

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Is the current President the one who was placed in power without an election after the last president was assassinated in murky circumstances?

yeah henry is an aristo who helped to overthrow aristide too. he was named prime minister two days before the president was assassinated and the core group basically appointed him as a very convenient replacement

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

btw for those who dont know the core group is an informal cabal of foreign ambassadors that make all the real decisions in haiti

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wife translated this video for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndjV3T7tPF0

the gist is:
- he talks about how haiti has been destroyed by foreign interests
- he talks about how he knows he will just be represented as a "gangster" but he says theyll never talk about the people who put the guns in haiti (he says they "put them there so we will be busy fighting each other") or their "masters"
- he talks about how the haitian "bourgeoisie" (his words) has abandoned the destitute of haiti
- he encourages people to join his revolution. he encourages people to go and take back their money from the banks, atms, supermarkets etc.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

In the third part of the documentary bbq compares his struggle to that of Fidel Castro. He urges the public to take up arms against the government and renames his faction as the RFG9 Revolutionary Front of the G9 Family and Allies.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al! posted:

the gist is:
- he talks about how he knows he will just be represented as a "gangster" but he says theyll never talk about the people who put the guns in haiti (he says they "put them there so we will be busy fighting each other") or their "masters"
- he talks about how the haitian "bourgeoisie" (his words) has abandoned the destitute of haiti
- he encourages people to join his revolution. he encourages people to go and take back their money from the banks, atms, supermarkets etc.

let him cook

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

In the third part of the documentary bbq compares his struggle to that of Fidel Castro. He urges the public to take up arms against the government and renames his faction as the RFG9 Revolutionary Front of the G9 Family and Allies.

do you have a link

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
It's this:

Documentary is crazy tho. What is this organization that put it out?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

thanks

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

The easy way to figure out the answer to this is to just look up what the various Western/NATO foreign bureaus are saying and then assume the opposite is true. If the American or British diplomats are calling this a violation of the international rules based order then it's about 99% safe to assume that actually whatever is happening is good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Interesting to see the US state department say they deployed more "security firces" to Haiti and the usa released $100 million in funds for a multinational security force for haiti.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1767419292704804912

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

grillpilled

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Cooked to completion

https://twitter.com/DD_Geopolitics/status/1767400733065056709?t=O-seos8LJupoS-tEc00UHQ&s=19

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I guess we’ll have to see what the US does. Collapse the state and society rather than let someone they haven’t vetted take the reins?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

yo dog i heard you like transitional governments

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Al! posted:

the gist is:

Since the gang crisis started years ago people have been pointing out that these gangs from a poor country have some of the best weapons and equipment that America has to offer.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Bro Dad posted:

btw for those who dont know the core group is an informal cabal of foreign ambassadors that make all the real decisions in haiti

Same as it ever was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Marenghi posted:

Since the gang crisis started years ago people have been pointing out that these gangs from a poor country have some of the best weapons and equipment that America has to offer.

FR. In that documentary, there's a shot of a wall of guns behind him and they're the latest and greatest HSLD carbines of various kinds.

But if the NED is backing the incumbent president, and was responsible for getting BBQ kicked out of the federal police, why would the US arm his guys too?